Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can you support the Skins

Cdowwe

I have been a die hard Skins fan for life. But its time to face the cold hard truth. I recently met a female who is native American, and she opened me eyes. The name Redskins is not only offensive, but everytime people hear it we are reminded how badly we treated the Native Americans. We stole their land, massacred thousands, and yet Snyder and Co. still keep the name Redskins. I can not see how anyone can support a team that does this. This being said, Since this site is owned by Snyder, I wont be back. Thanks for the memories.

Don't let the door bump your ass...

Is this thread serious? This guy is a fan? About 90% of the Indians feel that this term is an honor, but I guess they know their history. The term "Redskin" was derived from the red/blood like paint they put on their faces prior to battle. It's not a derogatory or racist term but a term used to describe a WARRIOR!

there is an ongoing discussion regarding its seriousness... so at this time, it's an unresolved issue that we as an organization hope to quickly resolve.

I have been a die hard Skins fan for life. But its time to face the cold hard truth. I recently met a female who is native American, and she opened me eyes. The name Redskins is not only offensive, but everytime people hear it we are reminded how badly we treated the Native Americans. We stole their land, massacred thousands, and yet Snyder and Co. still keep the name Redskins. I can not see how anyone can support a team that does this. This being said, Since this site is owned by Snyder, I wont be back. Thanks for the memories.

HELL UP REDSKIN!!!

NOBODY WANTS YOUR ASS ON THIS SITE ANYWAYS SO BUGGER OFF

DAMN, NOW I GO BACK AND READ THROUGH THE THREAD, VERY FUNNY....

I'LL ADMIT YOU HAD ME GOING.

ANYWHO, BACK TO MY TEE PEE WHERE I'LL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR RAIN.

This is a serious issue. The seriosity can not be overstressed. Seriousness should not be subject to lame humor as it weakens the seriotude on the original intention. In such serio-socio-problemos, a respect for the seriousendiptity is a must. Please treat this manner with the seriosillitude it deserves.

I almost cried reading this I was laughing so hard. The only reason I didn't shed a tear is because I actually had to concentrate to sound out each new serious-ism. Thanks for the laugh Jumbo. :D

(I know, I know... this is just April Fools, but....)

Well, I hope you don't like baseball: http://www.subbrilliant.com/awhistory/2004/05/how-cincinnati-reds-got-their-name.html

Unless.....

On a related note, how far is political correctness going to go? I'd much rather have the Bullets back instead of being named the Wizards. A team is called the bullets so that promotes violence? Dubbya tee ef mate. If that's the affect that it has on you, then you have far more serious problems than the name of a sports team.

Back to the NFL however; what about the Chiefs, why don't they get as harrassed about the name as we do? Also, the Browns? I don't get it. Is this a reference to a color of people or are they just the color? Brown doesn't really instill fear in me. Maybe if they were the Hot Pinks I'd go running, but Brown?

On a related note, how far is political correctness going to go? I'd much rather have the Bullets back instead of being named the Wizards. A team is called the bullets so that promotes violence? Dubbya tee ef mate. If that's the affect that it has on you, then you have far more serious problems than the name of a sports team.

probably had more to do with the marketability of DC and the team... it's all about money. as far as political correctness goes, i don't see what the problem is. there may be inconsistencies and things that need ironing out, but what's wrong with setting a standard of what's socially acceptable and not? i don't enjoy being called "oriental" or a "chinaman" and it's annoying that i have to explain that every time someone calls me such. i'd rather be anal about being technically correct than be an ignorant person that's too lazy to know any better.

Back to the NFL however; what about the Chiefs, why don't they get as harrassed about the name as we do? Also, the Browns? I don't get it. Is this a reference to a color of people or are they just the color? Brown doesn't really instill fear in me. Maybe if they were the Hot Pinks I'd go running, but Brown?

i honestly don't see the 'skins being harassed any more.. any recent substantial (key word "substantial".. not looking for some ranting on random extremist websites) reports of this to back this up?

HELL UP REDSKIN!!!

NOBODY WANTS YOUR ASS ON THIS SITE ANYWAYS SO BUGGER OFF

DAMN, NOW I GO BACK AND READ THROUGH THE THREAD, VERY FUNNY....

I'LL ADMIT YOU HAD ME GOING.

ANYWHO, BACK TO MY TEE PEE WHERE I'LL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR RAIN.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

:twitch:

LOUD NOISES!

This is a serious issue. The seriosity can not be overstressed. Seriousness should not be subject to lame humor as it weakens the seriotude on the original intention. In such serio-socio-problemos, a respect for the seriousendiptity is a must. Please treat this manner with the seriosillitude it deserves.

For SERIOUS!

I am new here but I am glad they made you mod.:cheers:

and the same with the south am peoples... decimated by diseases that were, in most cases, purposely introduced into their populations by the spaniards.

Amuse me for a minute...how did the Spanish purposely introduce their diseases? The diseases were carried by the Spanish whose bodies had gotten used to it in Europe as a result of the Black Plague some 200+ years earlier. The native americans did not have sufficient immunity to these new diseases nor did they have the medicines to fight them. I don't recall Cortez (who was a ****, there's no doubt about it) giving them the diseases on purpose. Perhaps you have some evidence to back it up?

Amuse me for a minute...how did the Spanish purposely introduce their diseases? The diseases were carried by the Spanish whose bodies had gotten used to it in Europe as a result of the Black Plague some 200+ years earlier. The native americans did not have sufficient immunity to these new diseases nor did they have the medicines to fight them. I don't recall Cortez (who was a ****, there's no doubt about it) giving them the diseases on purpose. Perhaps you have some evidence to back it up?

as it is with most things of that era, it's mostly speculation. it's difficult to swallow that it was entirely incidental when possibly tens of millions were killed or weakened by disease before being completely destroyed by what was essentially a handful of spaniards.

regardless, the european diseases such as smallpox, supplied by the spaniards, ran rampant among the indigenous and directly led to their downfall. if you think it was all an accident, ok, i won't argue with you over it, since, as i said, it's mostly speculation due to the behaviors and actual recorded reactions

good one, it had be goin'

short story:

when out in washington (the other one) for the playoff game i had beer and hot dogs and stuff thrown at me during the tail gate. A 'skins fan pulled me and my friend aside and brought us to their tailgate. Their tailgate was all seahawks fans, besides him, so i had to ask... why are you a skins fan?

He responded, look at my skin i'm a blackhawks, indians and braves, redskins fan. And for the NBA well, i like the sonics. The way he brought the sonics into it was one of the funniest things i've ever heard.

too some but not all,,, I live on the Blackfeet Reservation in the Northern part of Montana and I am a huge REDSKINS fan I also know other Blackfeet Indians who are also REDSKINS fans and that includes my steppfather, my bestfriend ,cousins ,wife, and other family members.There those radical Indians who doe hate the name but there are also alot who love it.

Good riddance. Lousy Traitor!

Don't let Redskins One's doors hit you on the way out of the plane!

And don't forget a ####### parachute!

:doh:

:D

Archived