Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Taylor case may change

spanishomelette

I think it sounds like the DA knows he doesn't have a case and he's trying to bargain to save face. When he says the whole case is on the table I assume that to mean they're going to work out a guilty plea to a charge that doesn't carry the mandatory jail time. I think this is good news.

This answer is correct :thumbsup:

Obviously the case against Taylor is questionable as the law, itself, is ludicrous in the first place. Mandatory jail time for simply HOLDING a gun is just a silly law for America to have on the books. But, beyond the foolishness of a state legislature that would put something like this on the books, the only witnesses against Taylor are people of low character who later shot at Taylor, yet, who do not face any charges for actually shooting a gun. The state went after the "star" in a way they'd never go after a regular citizen and in the end, probably just wants to show a Sean Taylor conviction for anything to boost a political future -- if that would even do so :).

I kinda wish they'd start so, they can get it over with. In the end I think it'll be a bunch of consolations on both sides. You know the plaintiffs are looking for some money in the end. ST seems to have his mini dream team lawyers in place. The quicker they get it over with the more ST can just concentrate on getting on with his life.

P.S. Hey ST if you're reading this, man you stand to lose more than the average Joe. I know you wanna stand up for your rights but sometimes its not worth it. Just walk away. :2cents:

Obviously the case against Taylor is questionable as the law, itself, is ludicrous in the first place. Mandatory jail time for simply HOLDING a gun is just a silly law for America to have on the books. But, beyond the foolishness of a state legislature that would put something like this on the books, the only witnesses against Taylor are people of low character who later shot at Taylor, yet, who do not face any charges for actually shooting a gun. The state went after the "star" in a way they'd never go after a regular citizen and in the end, probably just wants to show a Sean Taylor conviction for anything to boost a political future -- if that would even do so :).

ashoot.gif

If SeanT was an average Joe this thing would have never made it on the docket. No prior convictions? No one really shot or hurt? The DA is trying to make a name for himself. I think the addition to the legal staff made this guy blink. He might make a name for himself. In a bad way!

Hopefully though, SeanT has learned a big lesson. So I'm glad he's feeling a little uncomfortable about all this. If that's the case then it will help him in the long run. Having him show up for workouts is a very good sign. Maybe Gibbs and GW are getting to him.

It's not just holding a gun Art, it's for holding a gun during a CRIME, that's when the mandatory comes into play. We can own, hold and shoot guns down here, just not while committing a crime. I'm not saying Taylor is guilty of anything, I'm just saying the mandatory jail time is not for just holding a gun.

Ok, I know not all of us in here sling burgers for a living :)

Lawyers, legal analysts, pundits: What does this most likely mean?

1) Additional charges

2) Dropping some charges

3) Reclassifying charges

4) Dismissal of all charges

Overall, is this more likely a positive development for Sean or a negative one?

I realize I'm just grasping for speculation, but that's what we do here right?

It's not just holding a gun Art, it's for holding a gun during a CRIME, that's when the mandatory comes into play. We can own, hold and shoot guns down here, just not while committing a crime. I'm not saying Taylor is guilty of anything, I'm just saying the mandatory jail time is not for just holding a gun.

What crime, exactly? No one was hit. There was some talking stuff, for sure. But, the same crime then happens every day on the basketball courts.

What crime, exactly? No one was hit. There was some talking stuff, for sure. But, the same crime then happens every day on the basketball courts.

My take on the "whole case on the table thing" is that charges may be dropped altogether for whatever reason. Could be lack of evidence, tampered with evidence, illegally obtained evidence, OR...simply someone coming forward and changing their story. It could be a lot of things but I think all of this bodes well for Sean Taylor.

I thought someone was hit with a baseball bat ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I hear something about witness tampering at one point ? Or was that another case ?

Art, he was charged with a crime (some kind of assault), I'm not saying the charge is true. Just saying it's not for just holding a gun, but for holding a gun during an "alleged" crime. The gun law is not so ludicrous or silly when when you add "during the act of a crime".

Art, it really sounds like you should go back and read about the charges. While I believe (based on all the reports) that the state has absolutely no case against ST, he clearly WAS accused of a crime. The accusers claim he and his friend assaulted them. They CLAIM that one was hit with a club by his friend. Even though ST is not accused of wielding the club, if that DID happen while he and his friend were going after these lowlifes, AND if he WAS holding a gun, then the state has it 100% right. Guys do not gang up on a basketball court and go after other guys, while one of them CLUBS a victim. That is 100% the wrong tack to take on this case.

Here is what it will come down to:

Is there ANY real evidence, other than the so-called victims' statements,

that ST did have a gun?? I really do not think so.

Is there ANY real evidence that ST's "accomplice" really did club anyone?? I strongly doubt it.

ST's friend (reportedly not even a close friend), had the opportunity to go completely free of charges simply by ratting out ST. He refused and stuck to his original story.

If all the reports of the above are accurate, ST has nothing to worry about. Let's hope that is the case!!!!

I think it sounds like the DA knows he doesn't have a case and he's trying to bargain to save face. When he says the whole case is on the table I assume that to mean they're going to work out a guilty plea to a charge that doesn't carry the mandatory jail time. I think this is good news.

That's exactly what's going on...i don't think they're going to get a guilty plea...maybe a no contest to a lesser included offense.

Let me add one more point: if there was any witness tampering...then we could actually see more charges added, although I find that very unlikely.

Art, he was charged with a crime (some kind of assault), I'm not saying the charge is true. Just saying it's not for just holding a gun, but for holding a gun during an "alleged" crime. The gun law is not so ludicrous when when you add "during the act of a crime".

There you go. I'll take that. :).

I don't understand, why was this article even written? There was no information given at all. It was almost like Elfin just wanted to get people to start speculating about what he could possibly be talking about.

Yes, it looked like a modifier for charges was missing. They've already charged him, haven't they? So they'd be considering adding, altering or dropping.

man whats goin on serious? i feel sorry 4 ST bet hes really nervous about all this.

hopefully though this case cleares up and ST can get back 2 playing football 4 the

skins. and maybe this time he can stay out of trouble.

Sean's not in trouble, who said that? He has a matter at hand, and he's taking care of it and isn't worried. If he departs Redskin Park today or prior to APR3 then be worried, if not don't worry. Sean is okay. :notworthy

Hogskin1,

Sounds like you ought to know what battery is and what assault is. No one was charged with hitting anyone with anything. One of Taylor's friends was SAID to be carrying a bat. But, no one was struck with it. Assault is verbal in nature and ludicrous in the extreme as a general crime. Assaulting someone merely requires some anger to the words you say to them. I assaulted the hell out of my wife last night for spending $1,000 on pictures of my child :0.

This is a simple situation where Taylor and some buddies jumped up on some guys who they think -- likely correctly as street info on such things is pretty reliable -- stole property from him. He probably cornered these guys with his buds and said something to the effect of, "You must be crazy taking stuff from me. You'll get it back to me or you're gonna bleed." Then, he and his boys drove off, only to be shot at by these guys.

Yet, no charges for that. No charges or investigation for that OR the stolen property. Only business for Sean doing a little manning up. I like what he did. It resonates to the baser intincts in me. Should to most of us.

Archived