Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Taylor case may change

spanishomelette

Not to be a grammar nazi... but he is getting paid to write english.

The former University of Miami star has been fined by the NFL for walking out on the mandatory rookie symposium, for late hits and for spitting on Tampa Bay's Michael Pittman. Taylor also refused to attend the Redskins' conditioning program in preparation for the 2005 season. However, Taylor, who has shone on the field, was on hand when workouts for 2006 began on Monday.

Shone? come on now!!!

Wow, is that your best counterexample? God forbid a safety play hard and throw himself at opposing receivers with the implicit possibility that he might get hurt while attempting a hit. Maybe he should change his approach altogether and nancy-tackle everyone by their collars.

Btw, is your handle really 'HowBoutThemBoys'? Seriously?

This from someone with a handle beginning in Chipper? Uh, okay.

No one is saying he should play hard, but if Sean Taylor wants to stop squirming around on the sideline like a little girl in the future, maybe he should learn to stop hitting 200 lb receivers with his helmet and use his shoulders.

I like it. That's kind of a hot verb.

Williams'd : v.

definition--to fail at one's responsibilities at the most crucial time, to flub catastrophically in front of a large audience, to find oneself up $#@% creek without a paddle.

synonym--see Munson'd

No one is saying he should play hard, but if Sean Taylor wants to stop squirming around on the sideline like a little girl in the future, maybe he should learn to stop hitting 200 lb receivers with his helmet and use his shoulders.

He hurt himself once tackling as hard as he does. Every other time he has pummeled someone a la patrick Clayton and has been fine.

I like it. That's kind of a hot verb.

Williams'd : v.

definition--to fail at one's responsibilities at the most crucial time, to flub catastrophically in front of a large audience, to find oneself up $#@% creek without a paddle.

synonym--see Munson'd

Didn't I tell you to call me Ernie or Big Ern? It's for my morning coffee.

Case should be DROPPED completely...

Only in Florida do they let estranged husbands kill their wife, Can't paper vote worth a lick and try and send NFL football players to prison on the word of thugs so a prosecuter can make a name for himself...

crazy friggin state.............

Oh, you know what just happened? You missed my meaning! That's ok, bud, it happens. You see, I was commenting on your handle because it's probably the most predictable, stereotypical handle a Dallas Cowboys fan could sign up under. Right up there with, I[heart]Dallas, or HaveFellatedTroyAikman. Chipper is just my nickname in life, it has nothing to do with my affiliation with a sports team, or even my identity.

And if you're accusing Taylor of habitually spearing people, I simply cannot even talk to you anymore. He characteristically leads with his shoulders, in situations where other safeties might spear, kinda why his hits are so impressive (he doesn't rely on underhanded tactics). This is all contrasted with, say, leading with one's facemask into, oh I don't know, Tennessee RB Chris Brown's stiff arm? Very effective.

I'm telling you guys, don't worry about this case.

They are going to get him to plea out to a lesser charge, like a 2nd Degree assault or something. He will end up paying a hefty fine, getting a buch of community service hours, and probably a suspended sentence.

There will be no jail time on this case. He won't be going to Prison. Mark my words.

NOW, if he gets in trouble again.... :doh:

the prosecution finally woke up to the fact that their witnesses are nothing more than a group of thugs and street urchins that have as much credibility right now as Barry Bonds or Rafael Palmeiro :laugh:

nobody on a jury is going to end a 23 year old players career in the NFL over a fight with thieves who stole his property. period.

the fact nobody got hurt as a result of the altercation only further adds to the sense of futility that has surrounded this case from the start.

I'm telling you guys, don't worry about this case.

They are going to get him to plea out to a lesser charge, like a 2nd Degree assault or something. He will end up paying a hefty fine, getting a buch of community service hours, and probably a suspended sentence.

There will be no jail time on this case. He won't be going to Prison. Mark my words.

NOW, if he gets in trouble again.... :doh:

I hope you are right, but even if he does plead guilty to a lesser charge doesn't that equate to a suspension by the NFL? Under there conduct policy he would probably get a 4 game suspension, right?

I hope you are right, but even if he does plead guilty to a lesser charge doesn't that equate to a suspension by the NFL? Under there conduct policy he would probably get a 4 game suspension, right?

Now that one I don't know about. All I can say, is that I will be VERY surprised if Sean Taylor does one day of jail time for this incident. If the prosecution's case is as weak as some people think, maybe the whole thing will be dismissed, and then we won't have to worry about anything at all.

The fact that the prosecuting attorney has come out, and started talking about "changes" indicates that things may be looking good for Taylor. I can't think of any reason the state's attorney would be talking about changes if things were looking good for the state's case. If they thought their case was solid, they wouldn't be changing anything.

I call that Sean Taylor being burned by Patrick Crayton for a game winning TD on Thankgiving.

oh yea...his ROOKIE year! How 'bout his second year where he smacked the **** out of Crayton on a 3rd down play, causing him to fumble the ball(which the homer refs incorrectly called an incomplete) and thus saving the game for us?

Thank you very much sore loser.

By the way, you still havent answered why Roy Williams tackles like a little *****(a.k.a. horse-collar).

:dallasuck

I think it sounds like the DA knows he doesn't have a case and he's trying to bargain to save face. When he says the whole case is on the table I assume that to mean they're going to work out a guilty plea to a charge that doesn't carry the mandatory jail time. I think this is good news.

Thats exactly what it means, this is great news for ST and the Redskins :cheers:

Archived