Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Taylor case may change

spanishomelette

Thanks for the feedback, but I ask that you quote the substance of my message. Your reference to my quote looks like I was criticizing Sean for hiring a team of layers, but if you place my entire quote or the substance of my quote in your message then its plain to see that I was relaying of how good a move hiring a team of lawyers was. So quote what you want to convey. This is a board that has high visibility and you never know who's up on the net. Thanks.

umm, ok... i just thought "layers" was funny.

umm, ok... i just thought "layers" was funny.
:applause:

Ha, ha, ha, okay you got me that time. Thanks and sorry. I just got a little testy because I didn't want to be mistaken with criticism to a Redskin---especially Sean, but sorry and thanks. Too much time has expired for me to go back in to my post and fix the "W" but we'll have 13 Ws come Jan 07 and homefield through-out. But yeah, you got me good.... :laugh:

Hogskin1,

Sounds like you ought to know what battery is and what assault is. No one was charged with hitting anyone with anything. One of Taylor's friends was SAID to be carrying a bat. But, no one was struck with it. Assault is verbal in nature and ludicrous in the extreme as a general crime. Assaulting someone merely requires some anger to the words you say to them. I assaulted the hell out of my wife last night for spending $1,000 on pictures of my child :0.

This is a simple situation where Taylor and some buddies jumped up on some guys who they think -- likely correctly as street info on such things is pretty reliable -- stole property from him. He probably cornered these guys with his buds and said something to the effect of, "You must be crazy taking stuff from me. You'll get it back to me or you're gonna bleed." Then, he and his boys drove off, only to be shot at by these guys.

Yet, no charges for that. No charges or investigation for that OR the stolen property. Only business for Sean doing a little manning up. I like what he did. It resonates to the baser intincts in me. Should to most of us.

You still did not get it right, Art, and you seem to have missed the point. Let me try again:

- The point was that your statement about a law against merely carrying a gun was totally incorrect - the law was against carrying the gun in the commission of a crime.

- He WAS charged with assault.

- I did not say that the reports of statements by the "victims" of being clubbed by ST's friend were assault. Those were two separate statements. However, the fact IS, that the police COULD have charged assault for that type of act if they so chose. Assault is not limited to verbal issues as you seem to believe. "ASSAULT: a violent verbal or physical attack." Battery, however, is much less inclusive, and is limited to physical beating. Police very often charge assault for physical acts without also bringing battery charges.

- Even though the alleged clubbing was not specifically listed in the charges (I never said it was), there have been printed reports that the so-called victims have made those statements. That is all I was referencing.

As far as liking what he did, that is a totally different matter. I respect his confronting them, and a few years back I would have done exactly that in a similar situation. I refuse to believe, at this point, that he openly wielded a gun. If he did, given the Florida law, it was just plain stupid. and considering the nature of the NFL's poilcies and the huge contract he had recently signed, that made the entire incident seem pretty stupid. At this point, I just hope he did OT have the gun (as all reports seem to indicate). If so, he should not even get a slap on the wrist. Sounds like the DA should, though...

"The whole case is on the table," said Carhart

Where's the case been, then? Was it on a chair next to the table? Or perhaps it was hidden in the kitchen, stuffed into a spice jar in the Lazy Susan?

BTW - One thing I've noticed about your posts, Om: lots of words = comprehensible. Few or no words = obfuscated.

Taylor, undoubtedly pulled up hard on some guys he thought stole his stuff, pointed a gun and said, "You'd better let me know where my stuff is." Perhaps more colorfully. Then, later, he drove back and got into some fisticuffs without a gun, which is simple battery.
If this is true then its a sad day for the Redskins because ST is going to jail.

The battery charge doesn't have to do with him having a gun; if it did then it would be 1yr for battery + the 3yr mandatory minumum sentence for using a gun in the crime and it wouldn't be a misdemeanor. What is the meat of the trial is that ST is charged with 3 counts of aggravated assault with a gun, which have mandatory minimum sentences of 3yrs each and max of 15yrs each.

If ST pointed a gun at these guys, and it's proven, then he's going to jail. Now, how credible are the witnesses since there's no physical evidence (is there)?

Art, he was charged with a crime (some kind of assault), I'm not saying the charge is true. Just saying it's not for just holding a gun, but for holding a gun during an "alleged" crime. The gun law is not so ludicrous or silly when when you add "during the act of a crime".

Its actually a really good law...its caused crime to drop significantly, if I remember correctly.

This news combined with Sharpstein's comment in the Post a couple of days ago that they were OK with ST being in DC because of recent "new developments" makes me think the changes are for the good.

This is correct (imo). All of you who are saying this article is completly useless are either a little slow on the uptake or are just very negative people.

if sean taylor was seriously worried about going to jail he wouldnt be at redskins park training and working out with the team. they will probably reach a deal for probation and community service. hes to rich to go to jail with the evidence they got...

I don't understand, why was this article even written? There was no information given at all. It was almost like Elfin just wanted to get people to start speculating about what he could possibly be talking about.

Amen, brother! This is a non-article; the very definition of 'news-hole'. :doh:

waiting for bar results was torture, i hope you passed! :cheers:

i assume it was the md bar. interested in civil or criminal?

Yes, it was the Md. Bar. I get the results back on May 5th. I took a job as a Law Clerk for a Circuit Court Judge in Washington County, so I won't start practicing for a while. But as of right now, I plan to go on to the State's Attorney's Office when I'm done clerking, but who knows what could happen between now and then.

I think this is good news yet it is far from a relief.

My guess, like others have said, is that they don't have enough against him and they will reach a plea agreement.

I am just anxious for it to be over with, it's got to be a burden on his mind whenever he is off the field.

Where's the case been, then? Was it on a chair next to the table? Or perhaps it was hidden in the kitchen, stuffed into a spice jar in the Lazy Susan?

Thats good stuff right there!!! :thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh:

My thoughts exactly.

So when receivers flinch when they hear ST's footsteps is he commiting assault? And when he gives out concussions is that battery?

What is it called when Taylor launches himself at Darrell Jackson and knocks himself out and ends up squirming around on the sideline like a worm while Jackson gets right back up and goes back to the huddle?

What is it called when Taylor launches himself at Darrell Jackson and knocks himself out and ends up squirming around on the sideline like a worm while Jackson gets right back up and goes back to the huddle?

:troll: :troll:

It's called misguided intensity. Taylor will certainly dish out more pain than he receives.

I find it ironic that there are Redskins fans on this board who actually kinda want Taylor to go to jail so they can feel justified in having wanted to trade down and draft frickin' Kenechi Udeze and Erik Coleman in the 2004 Draft. D-bags.

I don't think there is one skins fan who wants Taylor to go to jail. The only people posting such things are trolls or the mentally deficient.

Wow, is that your best counterexample? God forbid a safety play hard and throw himself at opposing receivers with the implicit possibility that he might get hurt while attempting a hit. Maybe he should change his approach altogether and nancy-tackle everyone by their collars.

Btw, is your handle really 'HowBoutThemBoys'? Seriously?

What is it called when a safety gets burned for a touchdown twice in one game and costs his team the game...oh that's right...A ROY WILLIAMS!!!:laugh:

Archived