Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bench Press

the burgundy and gold

make sure to change your routines up because your body will get used to it and then will plateau. Also, rest is important, dont bench every day......

junior year in hs bench max 265

now......250?

What do you mean by mix-up your routines? I got started into lifting weights only about 1 year ago or so, so do not know a lot about it. I know about resting and such, but still a little off in other areas.

Did you ever see that movie Star Wars?

About four times.

People tell me I look like Han Solo.

Really?

What do you bench?

You tell first.

I asked you first.

Same time.

Cool.

Are you ready?

Ready.

One... two... three...

You didn't say anything.

Neither did you.

I can bench about 500 pounds, of course that only happens when the skins lose.

Because then I get angry, and become green.

Sometimes i become red and fart. That's kind of awkward.

I got a bench press 4 years ago. And I lift... well that's for me to know, and people who are *******s to find out :laugh:

Did you ever see that movie Star Wars?

About four times.

People tell me I look like Han Solo.

Really?

What do you bench?

You tell first.

I asked you first.

Same time.

Cool.

Are you ready?

Ready.

One... two... three...

You didn't say anything.

Neither did you.

Boogie Nights! Boogie Nights! What do I win?

What do you mean by mix-up your routines? I got started into lifting weights only about 1 year ago or so, so do not know a lot about it. I know about resting and such, but still a little off in other areas.

for a lot of people, when you have a routine like 4 sets of 10, after a while you get less sore and dont get as much out of it because somehow your body has gotten used to it. that is when you change it up to something like pyramids (10,8,6,4) or something else to gain a little more. There were times in HS where my max wouldnt go up for like 5 months

Got 350 last week but my body feels like its about to fall apart afterwards. Trying to get to the 400 club.
No sweat. do a routine called burning. Put no weights on the bar, lift till you drop. do this for three sets. skip a day or two then go heavy for three sets. you'll need to skip a day or two to let the muscles heal cause your actually tearing the muscle fiber with burns. Increase your red meat intake (witch contains amino acid) which is the protien that repairs torn muscle fiber. It fills in the torn area with new muscle fibers. (hence bigger, stronger muscles) You'll be shocked how fast you reach 400 and beyond.

Get a dip-belt and do weighted Dips. -- As soon as I did this, my press max jumped 50+ lbs. I got to dipping my weight + 90lbs.

Archived