Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs/Dan Snyder are 100% Republicans..

Air Force Cane

It's a good thing you're on my (and a bunch of people's) ignore lists, because I have a feeling whatever you said is probably irrelevant, unintelligent, and offensive. Which, you know, is your status quo reaction to someone who didn't even address you, but happens to have different politics.

wow, this is just another reason I love the Washington Redskins.

Some of you lefties might want to go root for the Eagles and Jeffrey Lurie :laugh:

http://www.newsmeat.com/sports_political_donations/

Newsflash, so is every multi millionaire/billionaire. That's who the Republicans represent and seek to help. It has nothing to do with football. If you're are the CEO of a major corporation being a Republican makes sense, that's where the tax breaks REALLY go.

There's an old saying in politics (Thomas Locke I believe, not sure though). It says "you can get the people to vote against their economic interests by appealing to their base moral values". Thus, you have poor people voting for Bush because they don't believe in abortion, gay marriage and believe the Republicans are more "christian". In actuality, they've just been duped into voting against their own economic position.

Coming from a guy incapable of differentiating fact from opinion, I'm sure chopperdave is absolutely crushed.

Actually, incapable of differentiating opinions (yours) from lunacy. That's a fact.

How is it that people who claim to "ignore" me keep responding to threads I start? Just curious.

tax cuts
Probably the reason many vote GOP but I don't think Gibbs votes for tax cuts. I'd guess that he's more likely motivated by issues related to the Christian right. Just a guess though in truth I don't know what his political stances are.

Can you ever start a thread without giving the inherent theme of liberal-bashing? Why does it have to be "maybe some of you liberals should go root for the Eagles?' Why can't it be "look at who these people donated to?" Are you really that shallow and petty? Do you really need to go around attacking liberals to make yourself feel better about your politics?

:cry:

Some things never change.

Coming from a guy incapable of differentiating fact from opinion, I'm sure chopperdave is absolutely crushed.

Don't quote him. Then I have to read his drivel...

Hokie, I fail to see where my being a hippy, which I'm not, who has experimented with drugs, a fact which has no bearing on ANYTHING other than my personal experience, has to do with the situation at hand. I think I hit the nail pretty well on the head when I made a guess as to what your post was.

You see, this has nothing to do with differentiating fact from opinion, with my being a liberal, or with your being a blowhard jerkoff who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the wall. This has to do with the distortion of facts, the ceaseless, unprovoked political attacks by morons who don't know enough about their own politics to do anything but attack their opponents and their beliefs. This has to do with people like you, AFC, nelms, Redskins Diehard, etc., that wouldn't have a foot to stand on in a real political discussion, one not hidden behind the veil of internet anonymity. You attack, and attack, and attack, and when challenged with logic, reason, and the pointing out that you've done nothing to support your beliefs, you attack again. Try once actually debating an issue, try once not starting a topic with an already twisted message, and try once to not be a hack, a joke, a disgrace to those with similar opinions that actually have an iota of class or intelligence. Try any or all of those things, and then maybe you won't be seen as a complete and total fool.

Or don't, and just come back with stupid backhanded remark that makes you think you've saved some face, that keeps your delusion of self-credibility intact. It'd be the status quo.

Why am I not surprised Don King falls on the red side? lol

The real shock is how little Gibbs has given. From what I've heard he was major GOP supporter but $6200 since 1978? Sounds more like he's supported specific people because that's chump change to Gibbs. Looking at the list I'm surprised how low most of those totals are. These guys have a lot of money and most of those totals aren't impressive at all.

But there are some big spenders on that list. Check out the NBA David Stern - $781,780.

The majority of Gibbs' donations probably go to worthwhile charities rather than supporting the greedy, self-serving, political hacks of the present and future. And I'm not just talking about repub's, either.

The majority of Gibbs' donations probably go to worthwhile charities rather than supporting the greedy, self-serving, political hacks of the present and future. And I'm not just talking about repub's, either.

True. I'd like to see where this money actually went as opposed to what side it was on.

Don't quote him. Then I have to read his drivel...

Hokie, I fail to see where my being a hippy, which I'm not, who has experimented with drugs, a fact which has no bearing on ANYTHING other than my personal experience, has to do with the situation at hand. I think I hit the nail pretty well on the head when I made a guess as to what your post was.

You see, this has nothing to do with differentiating fact from opinion, with my being a liberal, or with your being a blowhard jerkoff who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the wall. This has to do with the distortion of facts, the ceaseless, unprovoked political attacks by morons who don't know enough about their own politics to do anything but attack their opponents and their beliefs. This has to do with people like you, AFC, nelms, Redskins Diehard, etc., that wouldn't have a foot to stand on in a real political discussion, one not hidden behind the veil of internet anonymity. You attack, and attack, and attack, and when challenged with logic, reason, and the pointing out that you've done nothing to support your beliefs, you attack again. Try once actually debating an issue, try once not starting a topic with an already twisted message, and try once to not be a hack, a joke, a disgrace to those with similar opinions that actually have an iota of class or intelligence. Try any or all of those things, and then maybe you won't be seen as a complete and total fool.

Or don't, and just come back with stupid backhanded remark that makes you think you've saved some face, that keeps your delusion of self-credibility intact. It'd be the status quo.

Don't let these guys push your buttons so easy. Here's what I "try" to do. Whenever one of the resident right-wing trollboys write something just ask yourself if you would get pissed if a 4 year old retarded kid wrote the same thing. Because there isn't any difference.

Iheart, this thread never had a chance. It being on topic means "bash liberals." The whole premise is biased and twisted.

Not necessarily.

AFC does like to trumpet his party's line. But this thread could have had a chance at discussing whether Gibbs is even Republican--and/or discussing the other people on the list and the donations that they have made and/or whether its even relevant what party Gibbs belongs to, if he even belongs to one.

Everyone needs to mix up their routine when it comes to this stuff and try, however hard it may be, to not give into the impluse to insult and condescend to each other.

This has to do with people like you, AFC, nelms, Redskins Diehard, etc., that wouldn't have a foot to stand on in a real political discussion, one not hidden behind the veil of internet anonymity. You attack, and attack, and attack, and when challenged with logic, reason, and the pointing out that you've done nothing to support your beliefs, you attack again. Try once actually debating an issue, try once not starting a topic with an already twisted message, and try once to not be a hack, a joke, a disgrace to those with similar opinions that actually have an iota of class or intelligence. Try any or all of those things, and then maybe you won't be seen as a complete and total fool.

I'm just honored to have made it into the name calling before the etc...

I tried to minimize the amount of quoted material I used out of respect for any members that might have CD on ignore.

Archived