Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Colbert Report - trend setter or fake news hack?

webnarc

I think Stephen Colbert isn't getting enough credit for creating news trends. In the short while that the show has been on, he has fathered "truthiness", outlined the administrations exit stratagy for Iraq (if a civil war breaks out the US has to leave), and one of his guests raised the questions "who desided that Jesus was a republican?"

Not that any of these things matter, it's just cool to see how he blurrs the line between fake news real news.

Anyone else learning anything from the show?

I love his show and the Daily show. Those guys are brilliant. Did you watch the episode last night? He had her say in Spanish that she took money from some campaign (or something like that), then he proceeded to ask her why she did it. And the lady was like, "I didn't take any money, you just asked me to say it in Spanish for you!" Colbert, "Just because you said it in Spanish doesn't mean you didn't take money.". It's tough sometimes though, those two shows compete with my Adult Swim time, luckily I've seen most of the Family Guy and Futurama episodes, so it makes my decision a little easier.

That Colbert has a weird right ear.

It's a good show though, but can be a little pedantic and smarmy.

I dont know what pedantic or smarmy means. You New Yorkers and your "vocabulary." :doh:

I think Colbert is one of the funniest people on TV. I have a season pass on my TiVo programmed for it.

His hatred of Bears, The Threatdown, and his Notice Board are all great bits.

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/videos/notice/index.jhtml

I don't know if I'm learning anything, but I think Colbert is hilarious. "The Word" has taken fake news to an entirely different level. I also like how he does sports shows every once in a while. The interviews can be hit or miss, but I'm really amazed at how well the show really works. Between reading the Tailgate, watching the Daily Show, and the Colbert Report, I can stay well-informed about what's going on in the world, and most importantly, what's funny about it.

I used to get to watch the daily show regularly and loved in but the last 3-4 months only seldom see it. love colbert but thought the first couple week 30 mins was too much for him to fill without getting fatiuged. but the last couple weeks i've seen several episodes and uts been imporved. love stewart and corrdry too. and was in love with samantha bee briefly :D

those field "interviews" on the daily show are the best.

remember the one on "cooters" :silly:

I used to get to watch the daily show regularly and loved in but the last 3-4 months only seldom see it. love colbert but thought the first couple week 30 mins was too much for him to fill without getting fatiuged. but the last couple weeks i've seen several episodes and uts been imporved. love stewart and corrdry too. and was in love with samantha bee briefly :D

those field "interviews" on the daily show are the best.

remember the one on "cooters" :silly:

Oh Lord, how I miss Beth Littleford!! That girl was just too fine and funny as hell!

It's great to see humor in politics which is something that has been sorely missing these days. The Daily Show and the Colbert Report combine to make one of the funniest hours on TV.

Did anyone catch Colberts rant about the US baseball team losing to Canada? It was classic!

That Colbert has a weird right ear.

It's a good show though, but can be a little pedantic and smarmy.

hmmmm yes, quite shallow and pedantic :laugh:

(for those of you who don't get it, it's from Family Guy).

It is a pretty funny though and it's a lot better than the Daily Show

Archived