Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Redskins Eyeing 49ers' Lloyd

Isifhan

Maybe Ramsey, Betts, and next year's 2nd rounder

Please tell me this is a joke. How much do you want to give up for one player who isn't even that great of a player. If he was putting up 1500 yards and 10tds a year then yes, but this offer is straight stupid. A second rounder alone is enough to get LLoyd, hopefully, not a former 1st rounder, and former 2nd rounder and a future 2nd rounder. Come on

Kevin Curtis is a restricted free agent and can be had for a similar price. IMO, he is a more consistent receiver and has had the experience of playing in a system (Mike Martz's) that Al Saunders once coached under.

can't give up another first round pick.. we need to explore these needs thru free agency. we have been dead on with our 1st round picks. lets keep em, or offer san fran someother type of compensation

Thanks Mr. Gibbs. I don't have an issue with the Skins going after Lloyd. Gibbs, Saunders & Co. obviously wouldn't pursue him if they didn't feel he was a good fit. Gibbs won three SuperBowls by adeptly adding free agents even if it meant scarificing draft picks. Many people thought the Coles for Moss deal was a bad one for the Skins when it was announced - we all know how that worked out.

In Gibbs I trust!

Thanks Mr. Gibbs. I don't have an issue with the Skins going after Lloyd. Gibbs, Saunders & Co. obviously wouldn't pursue him if they didn't feel he was a good fit. Gibbs won three SuperBowls by adeptly adding free agents even if it meant scarificing draft picks. Many people thought the Coles for Moss deal was a bad one for the Skins when it was announced - we all know how that worked out.

In Gibbs I trust!

u know we gotta bulid through the draft, and our 1st round picks have been solid. i thikn that abraham is worth the 1st round pick because there are many wrs that we like on the free agent market.

If he's so bad, why the 49ers demanding a first round pick for him? They could've easily just give him a contract that required a lower draft pick or even no draft pick at all, just so it'd be easier to leave. If they were running him out of town, why make it hard for him to leave?

I say no to giving up first round picks.

And before people scoff that we wont get as good a value with a first round pick, where was Lloyd drafted by the 9ers?

And while we may have our QB of the future with Campbell I'm am intrigued with who would ve been available to draft with our former first round pick next month.

No to Llyod at 1st or 2nd round comp. Double Yes to Andre Carter.

Don't know how you folks are missing this - Andre Carter is a perfect fit as a rotational end with Daniels. Smaller but faster, and still disciplined enough to be a good run defender. Super high character player with a non-stop motor. I was hoping he would fall to us in 2001 but he was drafted in the top 10. Why isn't SF keeping him? Because he doesn't fit the 3-4.

Carter will be on of the the first free agents we sign - book it.

Yeah I dont understand all this talk about Lloyd.

Andre Carter would be a good addition, especially if he can get back to where he was a few years ago, with 12.5 sacks. He's still young too. Carter hit some unknown incentive in his contract that voided the 2006 season, so nows he a UFA.

I hope the Skins get that 6-5, 350 lb brick wall named Kemoetu from the Ravens too. :laugh:

No No Randel El he will comand big money comming of Superbowl face time. Givens and Lloyd are better recievers than him. He was a #3 reciever untill last year and he didn't exactly blow the #2 spot out of the water last year.

Not that I disagree, I'm against going after El also, but just to play devil's advocate Steelers #2 doesn't usually get much production. I hardly think that Burress blew the #2 spot out of the water in Pit but he blew up the #1 spot big time in NY. Not saying Randle El is the same but who knows.

Andre Carter would be a good addition, especially if he can get back to where he was a few years ago, with 12.5 sacks. He's still young too. Carter hit some unknown incentive in his contract that voided the 2006 season, so nows he a UFA.

I hope the Skins get that 6-5, 350 lb brick wall named Kemoetu from the Ravens too. :laugh:

Really, he's an UFA? Vet min plus incentives....j/k but he would certainly be worth a long look. He played as an 3-4 outside backer last year but I believe he was a 4-3 DE before that. If I remember correctly he's got the size to hold up in the 4-3.

I guarantee that if Carter stays healthy, he gets double digit sacks here next year.

Llyod has some promise for sure but you just dont hand over a 1st or 2nd rounder in hopes that he matures. We shouldn't be buying green bananas. At least Carter has proven that he can produce the big season. The only reason Llyod is tendered as a 1st rounder is because SF has the cap room and he's the ONLY receiving threat currently on the roster. They simply can't afford to lose him.

My "out there" idea.

LLoyd and 49ers 1st pick

for

Betts and Samuels.

Fills 2 big 49er needs. Gets WR and possibly Duke Davis for Skins, frees up cap space. Easy sell to fans for both teams.

Trade a pro bowl left tackle who is in his prime for a receiver and a tight end?

Uh......No!

I have to wonder if this rumor didn't come from Lloyd's agent, trying to drum up interest/dollars for his player. How many times have agents told reporters that the Redskins (big bucks Snyder) are interested in their player? Too many times.

I have to wonder if this rumor didn't come from Lloyd's agent, trying to drum up interest/dollars for his player. How many times have agents told reporters that the Redskins (big bucks Snyder) are interested in their player? Too many times.

His agent didnt start this rumor. And it was published in the Post as being confirmed by 2 sources. I view this as being legit. I definately like him over randel el, and he should be much cheaper. He's worth giving up a 2nd round pick, maybe even a 2nd rounder and a player, like betts. We'll see.

As a Skins fan living in CA / 49er country....I've seen plenty of games to pass judgement on Brandon Lloyd. The guy is a legit #1 receiver IMO, and he might come at a #2 price right now. If the Skins get this guy opposite Moss...well...you'll see a reincarnation of 2/3 of the 'Posse'. :)

If Lloyd has a QB who can actually throw within a 6ft. box of his presence...he'll come down with the ball. I've been reading post on this thread claiming that he takes plays off, doesn't catch the ball well with two hands, etc... That's hogwash. He's been the lone offensive bright spot on a team / organization that has gone through the shts recently. If he's put on a contender, I believe you'll see the same response as any player out there would have.....he'll step it up a notch.

If we do get this guy, he gives us a bonafide 'stud' next to Moss. A guy that can stretch the defense vertically, runs great routes, catches most anything thrown his way. Doesn't anyone remember what this guy has done when he's played us the last two years? He's been the only receiver that consistently got seperation, irregardless of who's been covering him. The Skins obviously have seen him on film a ton the last 2 years. Great evaluation tool. Al Saunders offense hasn't had the weapons he's going to have this year, since his stint with the Rams in '99.

:cheers:

Brandon Lloyd? Nuh uh, no way. Once he quits trying to make SportsCenter every time the ball is thrown to him, then maybe.

So slam the guy for making ridiculous, mind-boggling catches that end up on Sports Center? Since when is that a bad thing?

Archived