Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Redskins Eyeing 49ers' Lloyd

Isifhan

he is a RFA and they tenderd him with the 2nd highest thing. and since he was drafted in the 3rd round we would have to give a 3rd round pick to the 49ers to aquire him.
Hey if we can give up a 3rd for Lloyd I would be all for it. Just nothing higher. man that would be one sweet package deal.
I really like Loyds toughness and third rounder would be a no brainer if you ask me.

this would be a steal if we gave up our 3nd. if we could address our issues with the d-line, maybe we get maurice stovall in the 2nd round. Lloyd, moss, patten and stovall would be a lethal 4some.

We should offer whatever we get for Ramsey as compensation to the 9ers. I don't see this guy as that great.

However, I'm beginning to think that it's going to be either Randle El or A. Bryant. I like Joe J., but he is not a long term solution.

A guy like Carter would not necesarily be a direct replacement for Arrington. They are also looking at nose tackle types like Kemoeatu from the Ravens, so the possibility of running 3-4 at times is there. Carter would be an ideal fit as a 3-4 outside LB and also as a 4-3 rush end for passing situations. Think about the possiblities. We would still need a more conventional LB though. Maybe Thomas Howard of UTEP?

Are you sure Lloyd was tendered with the second highest? Because thats a 1st round pick for compensation. There are 3 levels of tenders, the bottom tender they get compensation equal to the round he was drafted.

i wasnt sure but i know that it is 3rd round pick cause i seen it on ESPN

found this awsome video highlight for brandon lloyd.....see if it changes any minds.......

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6920312372504230735&q=brandon+lloyd

DUDE THIS VIDEO IS F**KIN SWEET! IT HAS LIKE 5 ONE-HANDED CATCHES IN IT! I WANT THIS GUY!

D@mn some of those Catches were off da chain....but I only saw like 4 spectacular catches, and then they repeated over and over again.

Lloyd was tendered with the second highest offer which is a first round pick. However, the skins would not be signing him to an offer sheet, they would be trading with the 49ers.

They could trade a conditional 7th round and a bag of doritoes and get Lloyd if the 49ers would take it. They only have to give up a first if they sign him to an offer sheet and the 49ers don't match.

In other words, they would not be signing a free agent, they would be trading for a player.

If a guy like Brandon Llyod has truly caught Gibbs's eye, it's because he displays some of the same ball skills that make Moss so incredible. BL plays taller than he is because he has nice leaping ability and long arms: he's just a magnet for the ball. The drops are a concern, but you'd have to think some of that is a function of concentration (which can be improved) and the fact that his team never had a chance in many of their games the past 2 years. He seems to remind me a bit of Antonio Bryant with the hot dog, non-challant routine.

I think he's a bit of gamble as a straight-up free agent but to give a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him + decent money is puzzling. If this 2nd WR position has to be addressed with a RFA, I'd rather have Curtis or Burleson.

Archived