Extremeskins

All time overrated thread.

Spaceman Spiff

On "top?"

The top isn't very high for WVU then :laugh:

I will stop now before every WVU fan on this site flames me

Top 5 in Football

Top 20 in Basketball.

2 other schools in the nation can claim that. Two.

And BTW. Football and Mens basketball programs dont COST schools money, they MAKE them money.

name a general quality
what i meant was more along the lines of to be overrated, you have to be rated. not many people run around talking about the great institution that is wvu.

matter of fact, with 25 rhodes scholars (i searched jmu and couldn't find any, not sure why), i'd say it's underrated. at just over 4k for in-state, and under 13k for out of state, it's reasonably priced. and no wvu grad i know has ever had trouble finding a job, so don't try the high and mighty jmu superiority just because it costs more.

the pe dept. is generally recognized as one of the top 5 in the east, w/ vtech up there as well.

Overrated, good but overrated. What do you guys drink there, its isn't always about quantity, quality matters too, just a bit less. From the way WVU students speak of their drinking you would think beer was invented at WVU.

well, i'm sure there are more than one umbrella drink drinkers in morgantown, so you'd have company.

no one said beer was invented in morgantown. we didn't invent tailgating either, we just mastered it.

Hopefully not, I would rather my school spend money on the school.

Now thats ignorance.

Big time D1 schools have athletic programs bring in a ton of money that is in turn spent on the school.

even more ignorant when you know the facts....like WVU is one of the very few athletic departments in the country that is self sufficient.

well, i'm sure there are more than one umbrella drink drinkers in morgantown, so you'd have company.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

no one said beer was invented in morgantown. we didn't invent tailgating either, we just mastered it.

:notworthy

what i meant was more along the lines of to be overrated, you have to be rated. not many people run around talking about the great institution that is wvu.

matter of fact, with 25 rhodes scholars (i searched jmu and couldn't find any, not sure why), i'd say it's underrated. at just over 4k for in-state, and under 13k for out of state, it's reasonably priced. and no wvu grad i know has ever had trouble finding a job, so don't try the high and mighty jmu superiority just because it costs more.

the pe dept. is generally recognized as one of the top 5 in the east, w/ vtech up there as well.

Now you brought up Rhodes scholars with the implication of academic superiority. I don't believe that is anything but an individual accomplishment for the students if you want to give the credit to WVU fine, but there are much better ways to judge the quality of an education that a student will receive. But I think I should atleast address that point. First of all, JMU has only been coed since 1966 and the Rhodes Scholarship is much more frequently given to males even when females first were able to be eligible for the scholarship. (by your logic this means that women are less academically capable, but I don't want to go there). The school is still around 60-70% female. And I don't know whether you knew this or not, but Rhodes Scholarships have been granted to women only since 1977, but I won't hold that against you. Also, the Rhodes scholarship is greatly biased in favor of athletes, especially athletes of the more popular sports and sports are obviously a bigger deal at WVU than they are at JMU.

even more ignorant when you know the facts....like WVU is one of the very few athletic departments in the country that is self sufficient.

How is it ignorant on my part? If WVU academic department is one of the "few" that are self sufficient than the vast majority aren't correct? If the vast majority aren't self sufficient than it isn't wrong to say I would rather my school spend less money on athletics than academics and become a big time athletic school.

Now you brought up Rhodes scholars with the implication of academic superiority....blah, blah, blah

i brought up rhodes scholars not to demonstrate academic superiority. i did to say that WVU may be underrated in the academic category.

you said it is overrated, and you still haven't answered how. who rates WVU so high, and what do they rate them high in, other than the national polls for the two major sports?

How is it ignorant on my part? If WVU academic department is one of the "few" that are self sufficient than the vast majority aren't correct? If the vast majority aren't self sufficient than it isn't wrong to say I would rather my school spend less money on athletics than academics and become a big time athletic school.

:doh:

read spaceman spiff's post.

and also, don't act like you saying that wasn't a backhanded dig at wvu that ended up being way off base.

Overrated - Lifting weights

Underrated - cardio

I wouldn't have shot at using my weight lifting power against him in a street fight because he could out run me :rolleyes:

I get your point....it's just funny that a guy made it.....

Cardio is underrated, chugging protein powders without knowing the first thing about them is overrated

I wouldn't have shot at using my weight lifting power against him in a street fight because he could out run me :rolleyes:

I get your point....it's just funny that a guy made it.....

Cardio is underrated, chugging protein powders without knowing the first thing about them is overrated

Cause man in High school and college I treated cardio as the enemy.....now what good is lefting weight if the gas tank is low in the 4th quarter....whole bunch of muscle standing still.

Cause man in High school and college I treated cardio as the enemy.....now what good is lefting weight if the gas tank is low in the 4th quarter....whole bunch of muscle standing still.

Lefting weights, is this when I just lift with the left all the time. J/K

Overrated: South Park, that joint is corny.

Underrated: The Boondocks, somebody said it is a black South Park.

Archived