Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All time overrated thread.

Spaceman Spiff

I love Airplane. Blazing Saddles, Hot Shots, the Naked Gun....that style of film has always been one of my favorites. There's a solid laugh every 5 seconds.

Too bad the more recent "Date Movie" types have practically destroyed that genre. It's disgusting.

Overrated : Adam Sandler (as I'm sure someone just said earlier) Really can't think of a single movie outside of Waterboy that I liked of his., Just not very funny, and his most recent stuff is God-awful.

Good God Waterboy is awful. Happy Gilmore is his best.

---------- Post added September-21st-2012 at 01:25 PM ----------

Absolutely.

I think Animal House is one of the most overrated movies of all time. So phooey.

If you cannot appreciate how funny Animal House is, you're a lost cause it would seem. :)

Do you mind, if we dance, wif yo dates?

I mean Belushi makes you laugh without saying a word. Ferrell has to act like a jackass.

If you cannot appreciate how funny Animal House is, you're a lost cause it would seem. :)

Do you mind, if we dance, wif yo dates?

I mean Belushi makes you laugh without saying a word. Ferrell has to act like a jackass.

Animal House is one of those things that everybody on Earth loves except me.

My taste in raunchy slapstick is very distinguished.

I love Airplane. Blazing Saddles, Hot Shots, the Naked Gun....that style of film has always been one of my favorites. There's a solid laugh every 5 seconds.

Agreed. :)

But I feel I have been OT...so back on the "over-rated" theme---

Harleys.

There are all kinds of motorcycles and riding. And many types of each I admire/like. And I have spent my share of time aorund such, including the genre I'm about to viciously malign. :D

But with a few exceptions, buying a Harley is always one of the most stupid decisions made, performance wise, and usually for very stupid reasons.

Yes, within the "Harley universe" there are many sub-cultures and "types" of groups and riders. But no matter what type (again with a few exceptions), if you scratch enough and you will find some kind of idiot, *******, or worse.

They even ****ing patented the idiot noise they make for cripes sake so iggys can have their vrroom vrroom sound-o-power (the "adult" equivalent of putting spokes in your bicycle wheel). :evilg:

One of my Dark Side comments is to say I wish I had a button where if I pushed it, all Harleys would explode into dust wherever they are. Sure, we'd lose some innocent people but think how better off the gene pool overall might be, or at least, how much more enjoyable summer vacations and events and random taverns off the highway would be. :ols:

The only thing that sucks about Animal House is when you get to modern college, you realize it's nothing like 1962 must've been.

I'll add a one Kobe Bryant to the list and Michael Jordan. Kobe because he actually is overrated and is one-dimensional, MJ only because the idea that nobody else can be the best ever has gotten out of hand although I do think he is the best ever, lol.

I don't consider Old School a classic and in 2030 I highly doubti t'll be remembered as much as Animal House for example still is today.

Anchorman though, just so damn good.

So I take it back only Anchorman will stand the test of time.

In 2030, college kids will still be screaming "We're going streaking!"

---------- Post added September-21st-2012 at 01:44 PM ----------

Animal House is kind of like Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Many, many great comedy bits stuffed in there, but the whole package is not tied together as a movie very well.

The ending didn't flow... but I think the point was that the story didn't matter, it was all about crude and hysterical jokes.

Animal House is kind of like Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Many, many great comedy bits stuffed in there, but the whole package is not tied together as a movie very well.

Filmmaking wise it's subpar but if that's your biggest concern in a raunchy college comedy, you are going to be disappointed every time you leave a theater.

---------- Post added September-21st-2012 at 01:52 PM ----------

In 2030, college kids will still be screaming "We're going streaking!"

---------- Post added September-21st-2012 at 01:44 PM ----------

The ending didn't flow... but I think the point was that the story didn't matter, it was all about crude and hysterical jokes.

I haven't heard that once in my four years. No lie. I have heard the toga chant many a time though. And seen many kids with the COLLEGE shirt and poster.

Archived