Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar to the Giants???

skull1669

This is all what people talk about when they talk about LaVar:

a) how he knocked out a 34 year old concussion prone QB in Aikman who shouldn't have even been playing at the time.

B) what number he'll wear

c) what cars he drives

And that's the guy who was supposedly the face of the organization.

It's quite embarrassing really...

yo, first off, I'm a Redskin's fan, if you read any post of mine, it would clearly state that I will like LaVar no matter what

Really, 4th and goal at the 1 Clinton Portis takes the toss and playing OLB for Dallass is Lavar Arrington. Now you can only rout for one which is it? A CP game winning TD or a big time lights out LA hit.

You know it's really sad that someone has to ask a Redskins fan which they would choose. No matter what can comeback to bite you in the ***.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

"You know it's really sad that someone has to ask a Redskins fan which they would choose"

it's even sadder when someone feels compelled to play big brother over something as mundane as rooting for a football team! no it's not sad...it's laughable. bespeaks a certain insecurity to me...or a will to control.......

I'm getting goosebumps thinking of the possibilities with Umeniorya and Strahan at the ends. Antonio Pierce at MLB with Emmons and Arrington on the outsides. Not to mention Sam Madison patrolling one of the CB spots. This to go along with all 11 offensive starters from this past season under contract. Man, I hope this CBA goes through so the Giants have the cap space to do this. And if it doesn't, time to restructure Petitgout.

']I'm getting goosebumps thinking of the possibilities with Umeniorya and Strahan at the ends. Antonio Pierce at MLB with Emmons and Arrington on the outsides. Not to mention Sam Madison patrolling one of the CB spots. This to go along with all 11 offensive starters from this past season under contract. Man' date=' I hope this CBA goes through so the Giants have the cap space to do this. And if it doesn't, time to restructure Petitgout.[/quote']

I know you are a good guy, I just have an honest question. Now be honest, did you like Lavar when he was with us? A lot of people like him now that he is no longer with the Skins, but hated on him when he was in burgundy and gold. Again, this isnt an attacking question like some of the others can do, just curious to hear froma true Giants fan.

Tom, good point re: Petitgout, he's not cuttable and aside from his issues with false starts, I like the guy at LT. That said, he needs to have a guy groomed behind him chop-quick like.

Also, I have high hopes for Torbor to win the SAM spot in camp.

I also like the possibility of going 3-4 (as a special package only) with Strahan, Joseph & Umenyiora on the line and Torbor, Pierce, Emmons, & Lavar at LB. Lavar is a prototypical 3-4 WIL.

That said, if Peterson is healthy, I might like it even better.

Stew,

There is a lot of potential in Arrington. He just seems like he is a selfish player and thinks he knows more than the coaches do. If he decides to play within the system he is in, he could be a great LB. But, that is a big IF. I'm sure if the Giants sign him, it is because they are convinced he will play as a defense and not as an individual. And I think having Pierce there will help a lot too. But I'll wait to look at that after and if the Giants sign him.

Stew, I know you are looking for insights from Tom but I'll add my $.02.

I did not like him because I thought that his talents are better suited to WIL and he seemed to play in spots that didn't cater to his strengths. I'm not sure he'll ever understand that even a playmaker has a "role" in a scheme, but with the Giants depleted LB corp he's certainly a step-up from B. Green if for no other reason, he's healthy. If Lavar cannot grasp his role, Griesen is a better backer(btw, Nick will not be back in Blue, so it's moot).

bespeaks a certain insecurity to me...or a will to control.......

Could be a little bit of both. Why don't you break it down a little further for me all knowing one. I see how you post all the time speaking down to people that question your stance on a subject, so please get off your high horse.

Or let me try, I sense a bitter old man that hates it when young whipper snappers try to debate with a seasoned vet such as yourself. I mean you been routing for the Skins before I was alive so how could I possibly know more then fansince62? You seen it all and done it all, thus you have the ability to always be right and point out others flaws, or in my case my mental inabilities. You generally use someones post count as a barometer for their football knowledge and just don't trust anybody with fewer then 10,000 posts. It's OK old man, the younger guys aren't here to scare you, just talk with you.

Really, 4th and goal at the 1 Clinton Portis takes the toss and playing OLB for Dallass is Lavar Arrington. Now you can only rout for one which is it? A CP game winning TD or a big time lights out LA hit.

You know it's really sad that someone has to ask a Redskins fan which they would choose. No matter what can comeback to bite you in the ***.

what are you talking about?

I don't know about ya'll, I'm just saying in my book, I don't feel it's right to dislike someone because they aren't on the team anymore, I mean LaVar was one of my fav's, so I won't just dislike him now that he's off the team. That's all I was saying. And since the NFL has turned into more of a business than a sport, it relates more to life decisions, and everyone deserves a fresh start, just some of us handle it differently.

I don't know about ya'll, I'm just saying in my book, I don't feel it's right to dislike someone because they aren't on the team anymore, I mean LaVar was one of my fav's, so I won't just dislike him now that he's off the team. That's all I was saying.

No, I hear ya, and agree in part. I wish Lavar well, but my loyalties will always be with the team. I just cant keep rooting for him if he is on a team that I dont like, or if rooting for him conflicts with rooting for the Redskins. I still like Stephen Davis. He may be old, and brittle, and went to another team, but he was at a time one of my favorate Redskins. I still rooted for him to do well with Carolina, but would scream my head off for the Redskins defense to destroy him if we were playing them.

Archived