Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar to the Giants???

skull1669

Yes, he said Gardner fried our secondary in the pre-season game. Hence, it was a bad move to cut him.

Gardner was subsequently released by the Panthers and signed with the Packers for the last few games of the year.

I always find it funny when former players have a single "good" play in a game.. and people say "see, we should have kept him" :laugh:

I didn't ever say I wanted him back. There's a difference between saying that it was a bad move in the beginning and wanting him back. I said I didn't want him to leave to begin with, so NO, it WASNT just because of a good play in a game.

This right here tells you all you need to know about Lavar.

The NBC 4 girl said to him, "There have been reports that you and LaVar weren't always on the same page, what are your comments about that?"

And Lindsey replied "He wasn't on the same page. We did have 11 other guys who were on the same page on both sides of the ball. They know it's not about PR or personalities or anything else but winning as a team. There is no "I" in team, and we've got some exceptionally good ball players who are willing to sacrifice money and pride for the sake of the team."

Troy Aikman was in bad enough shape at that point in his career that a stiff breeze would have given him another concussion.

I know it's a big play in LaVar's "lore," but it was six years ago and he hasn't come remotely close to being anywhere near as "scary" to any team in the NFL.

You don't have to like Lavar, but that hit was hard and fast. Granted Aikman was fragile, but Lavar also hit Kordel Stewart that year and knocked him out the game too. Same thing where Kordel was near the sideline and Lavar launched himself and took Stewart off his feet and landed hard. One thing Lavar has always done at PSU and in WAS was hit hard. He launches himself and because of his speed...can make serious impact. Like him or not, if you disagree with that basic part (we're not talking about if he freelances or not) then you're blinded by your distain for Lavar rather than being objective.

Exactly. That keeps getting dragged out more than Michael Jackson's "I never had a childhood" argument. One hit. So what.

I guess every player that moves on was not that good really, right?

I find it so funny how players are GREAT when they wear our colors, but once they are out of here...they are a bum. He did more than the one hit, but in a time when we couldn't beat the Cowboys, all we had was that Lavar took out their QB. Every 'Skins fan hitched their ride to it because that is all we had vs. our arch rival.

How easy we forget and are ungrateful. :doh:

I guess every player that moves on was not that good really, right?

I find it so funny how players are GREAT when they wear our colors, but once they are out of here...they are a bum. He did more than the one hit, but in a time when we couldn't beat the Cowboys, all we had was that Lavar took out their QB. Every 'Skins fan hitched their ride to it because that is all we had vs. our arch rival.

You have been here almost 3.5 years.

Do you honestly expect anyone to believe this is the first that anyone has ever criticized LaVar?

I know. Anybody whose rationale is that every time we cut a player they excel... doesn't earn any respect for intelligence in my book.

was you just calling me stupid? :laugh: For one, I never said that every time we cut a player they "excel" (read carfeully), however I did say that Rod Gardner fried us, along with Antonio and Chad. If your an honest person, you would admit to the fact that Chad didn't do any of what he did last year, while he was on our team. Whether you think so or not, vets have said themselves that there's nothing more a player wants to do than to make a big impact on his former team. Some people will excel and some wont. I never said anything about a player "excelling" after we cut them, but it can happen. With that being said, it is very POSSIBLE for a player to excel though if you think about it, it's called getting a "fresh start", and wanting to make a bigger impact along with your fresh start.

You have been here almost 3.5 years.

Do you honestly expect anyone to believe this is the first that anyone has ever criticized LaVar?

No, but to play it out as though the player never did a thing or is horrible is ridiculous. Player all have good points AND bad points. That is all that I'm getting at.

I loved the guy ... even through all the histrionics and lack of judgment from time to time. My son is bummed that he's gone. So am I. Just not for the same reasons.

I hate that LA didn't work out here. I hate that his injuries the last 2 years limited him so much that we never got to see if he could REALLY overcome his liabilities in terms of working within gameplana, as we've been told was a problem by high-reputation coaches since he first came into the league.

I hate we'll not seem him ever become the defining Redskin his physical talent promised he might have been. And I hate that you made a bed with the Postons. Probably didn't help much.

You'll be missed, LA, but probably less for what you might have brought from here on out as for what so many of us THOUGHT we might be getting when you first held up that jersey on draft day.

That said ...

I'd dearly love to be a fly on the wall the first time Al Saunders and Joe Gibbs game-plan for a game with LA on the other side. No one knows LA's strengths and weaknesses at this point better than our own coaching staff. And if it's TRUE what we've heard all these years, and LaVar really and truly does struggle to stay within a scheme and not run himself out of position, there will be no more ruthless a tandem than Saunders and Gibbs to take advantage of it. I keep having flashbacks to Gruden running bootleg after bootleg, and LA failing to adjust time after time. Think Gibbs and Saunders won't test him early and often?

Going to be interesting.

That seems to happen alot when it comes to ex-Redskins.

No, it doesn't. You must remember that once they take off our colors or it even becomes evident that they will no long wear our jersey they all the sudden become overrated pieces of crap that weren't worth anything to begin with.

The title ExtremeSkins fits this place so well, because there are 2 extremes. The first one is the old school heads that think this organization can do no wrong and the second one is the guys who make players like Lavar out like he is Lawrence Taylor and the Skins are idiots for not doing whatever it took to keep him.

I would prefer that LaVar went to a team out west in the AFC so we dont see him that much but if he stays in the East so be it. I liked LA and I will follow how he does in the future. If he does stay in the East, the highest possiblity is NY IMO.

I just dont want Lavar to knock out or end Jason Campbells career.

What is it with you people and this "hes going to kill one of our qbs careers" BS?

Dude, he ended one fragile qbs career a LONG TIME AGO and that was it.

I like Lavar and am sad to see him go, but c'mon atleast try to be realistic.

When we will people realize that Lavar Arrington has never been a great linebacker? He had a great reputation and put together a string of a few solid seasons but even then he constantly outrunned plays and tried repeatedly to bull rush much bigger tackles to get 0 pass rush.

THANK YOU for saying that! I give you credit. Lavar is/was a fan favorite, and I've always said that he's lived here in D.C.--and in the eyes of the league--on POTENTIAL. He never reached it. I like him and I wish him well, but he wasn't one of the better LBs we've had in D.C. by a long shot.

Lavar is da man.

Lavar is a monster watch him be unleashed.

Lavar is going to destroy the entire Redskins organization when he plays us.

Lavar is going to kill every QB we have, Sonny won't even broadcast those games out of fear.

I miss Lavar so much.

I hope Lavar has a great career wherever he goes.

I love Lavar Arrington.

Maybe Lavar really paid back 4 mill so he can resign with us and help the teams cap out.

Some of you need to turn in your Redskins fan card and hit the bricks with Lavar. Honestly some of you act as if Lavar was the end all of Redskins players, as if the football Gods broke the mold when they created Lavar.

He's a hint Lavar was overrated and made his name off of one hit that ended old *** Troy Aikman's career. He was a good LB at best but was never regarded as an elite LB, the way some of you wishes he would be. Lavar had problems with D coaches since college and never showed an ability to play with in a certain scheme, unless it involved freelancing.

Now I know some of you are still in morning but Lavar has moved on, so should some of you. If you love and revere Lavar more then Redskins, then go be a Lavar fan but stop with all the "Lavar is going to kill us posts" because he hasn't killed anyone in years.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

The worst thing I can think of about losing Lavar is figuring out how we're going to keep our steady flow of Lombardi's coming to town. Oh, that's right he's only been hyped up to be Lawrence Taylor or Ray Lewis in his prime and never actually carried us to the promise land. I love Lavar, but come on folks we didn't win a damn thing with him so we are sweating losing him so much? I don't get it?! We aren't the Pats losing Tom Brady here. He's a good player but I think he's been built up way beyond his production. It's time to sit the jug of Lavar Cool Aide down and say enough is enough.

Archived