Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar to the Giants???

skull1669

Sorry, but that does not sound like a "true" Redskin fan. In my opinion, it sounds like you are a Lavar Arrington fan. As far as "dogging him out", I do not think people saying they are tired of Lavar's me-first attitude is really "dogging him out". Instead, I have always seen people saying he is a gifted athlete, but needs to be more of a team player.

I am a true Redskin's fan, but I have seen people dog him out for no reason at all. When most of us wanted him back on the field, some thought it was good that he stayed benched....all I'm saying is that, if you like LaVar, then why would it change all of a sudden? Would you want your fans to not like you anymore if you switched teams? Some people were saying he was washed up, and ok he may have been washed up, but what reason are you doggin him out, ok, he had two bad years, SO WHAT!....will everyone do that to Portis too if he messes up, or any other Redskin player for that matter? Even though some were doggin him out before he got his 1,500 yards. That's what I call not being a true Redskin's fan. That's like having a girlfriend and you not liking her anymore because she got overweight or something....so you ditch her and talk about her in a second because she turned out to be different in the end. I mean they didn't even give him another year to rebound without starting off the seaon off having an injury, or being benched, so how could you really dog him? I could see if he played the whole season healthy and ended up being washed up, but that still doesn't give them a reason to dog him out. And my screen name says Santana_Fan. So I guess everyone dog's out Doug Williams too now that he's on the staff of the Bucs.

If he wants to stay in the NFC East, I would hope he would go to the Giants. Of the three other teams in the NFC East, I hate the Giants the least. I don't know why, but I do not really hate them that much.

I would much rather see him play for the Steelers though. That was his favorite team growing up and I think it would be a cool "dream come true" situation.

I am a true Redskin's fan, but I have seen people dog him out for no reason at all. When most of us wanted him back on the field, some thought it was good that he stayed benched....all I'm saying is that, if you like LaVar, then why would it change all of a sudden? Would you want your fans to not like you anymore if you switched teams? Some people were saying he was washed up, and ok he may have been washed up, but what reason are you doggin him out, ok, he had two bad years, SO WHAT!....will everyone do that to Portis too if he messes up, or any other Redskin player for that matter? That's what I call not being a true Redskin's fan...I mean they didn't even give him another year to rebound without starting off the seaon off having an injury, or being benched, so how could you really dog him? I could see if he played the whole season healthy and ended up being washed up, but that still doesn't give them a reason to dog him out...

Most people "dog him out" because of his bi-polar attitude towards the team and the media, one minute he'd be talking about how much he loved the fans and wanted to be a Redskin for life, the next minute he'd do something like invite a reporter to his house to discuss his problems with the team the week before the final must-win game of the season. Nobody is walking around saying his talent is overrated and he's a bum, physically he is a monster, but his mindset just didn't gel with Gibbs and the F.O., and at the end of the day who's more important to the Skins: Joe Gibbs or Lavar Arrington?

I just don't understand you fans that discredit what Arrington has done for this team. He will be missed. It is going to be tough to replace Lavar. You all will see how sorry he is when he has on a Giants or Eagles uniform. This was a huge mistake. I really feel sorry for our Quarterbacks. Arrington might just knock them into retirement early. I believe that he was a leader on this team regardless of what anyone esle thinks. It's going to be a sad day to see Arrington dawning another teams uniform. We should have gotten rid of Dale Lindsey instead of Arrington.

When we will people realize that Lavar Arrington has never been a great linebacker? He had a great reputation and put together a string of a few solid seasons but even then he constantly outrunned plays and tried repeatedly to bull rush much bigger tackles to get 0 pass rush. He was a great person and icon for the fans... when I guess when you look at it from the coaches point of view.. you probably can get the same production for about 40 million less. Paterno has even been qouted as saying that Lavar wasnt even the best linebacker at his own college. The plays he makes are highlite plays... so that makes him popular. Gregg Williams can probably do better with a steady player who doesnt feel insulted that he has specific assignments. For all of the people putting this on the coaching staff, stop it please. Marcus Washington is in the same system and he is developing into one of the best outside linebackers in the game.

Who cares where he goes. Let him continue to over run plays and get his pass rush voided by tackles somewhere else. Gibbs hasnt made a bad move yet, so I'm not going to question this one either. Gibbs doesnt have time for a bi-polar 9 year old.

I hear this. It had not occured to me until the numbers started showing up here how bad his last three seasons were. I think it is clear that his best years are behind him and doubtful he will ever see a pro bowl again. Couple that with the fact that he was offered a deal that would keep him in Washington and compensate him accordingly I say ADIOS!

Thanks for the good times.

:2cents:

I really don't see him with the Giants.. I was talking to my cousin up in Pittsburgh he said that the fans just the fans are saying that they want to see him in a Steeler uniform... Think about it though he's an Pittsburgh native.

Most people "dog him out" because of his bi-polar attitude towards the team and the media, one minute he'd be talking about how much he loved the fans and wanted to be a Redskin for life, the next minute he'd do something like invite a reporter to his house to discuss his problems with the team the week before the final must-win game of the season. Nobody is walking around saying his talent is overrated and he's a bum, physically he is a monster, but his mindset just didn't gel with Gibbs and the F.O., and at the end of the day who's more important to the Skins: Joe Gibbs or Lavar Arrington?

yea that's true.

I was hoping PR can leave for greener pasture, but now, LA is going to knock MB into retirement. For our sake, lets keep PR.

How many QB's did Lavar knock into retirement last year?

For that matter, how many QB's did Lavar sack last year?

I just don't understand you fans that discredit what Arrington has done for this team. He will be missed. It is going to be tough to replace Lavar. You all will see how sorry he is when he has on a Giants or Eagles uniform. This was a huge mistake. I really feel sorry for our Quarterbacks. Arrington might just knock them into retirement early. I believe that he was a leader on this team regardless of what anyone esle thinks. It's going to be a sad day to see Arrington dawning another teams uniform. We should have gotten rid of Dale Lindsey instead of Arrington.

my point exactly, he was the face of the team for a longgggggggg time, and people are trying to avoid or deny the fact that it'll hurt not to see him in a Redskin's uniform anymore. And if he gets any better with another team, then some of them will eat their words and want him back. The same way some people were with wanting to sign Stephen Davis back since he got released from the Panthers, some even wanted Smoot back, and I have no problem with that, but they were also talking trash about how sorry Davis was, but now they want him back....(weird). I just think, when it comes to us releasing players, we don't make wise decisions, just look at the longggggg list of "GREAT" players that we have had and are now gone.

Arrington will have to sign for "bargin" $$. He has very little leverage due to his lack of production (injuries and attitude aside) and is in many ways a huge question mark.

I think that an ideal situation for him is WIL in a 3-4. He spent way too many seasons playing at the wrong position in DC. He's not a SAM or a MIKE and needs to be coming off of the edge on a regular basis. It keeps him from dealing with the TE unless the TE stays in to block.

Bottom line is, he's not been productive. Many here like him because he's an ESPN type of guy. Big hits, but they have always been few and far between. He'll sack the QB on 1st down only to give-up a 12 hitch to a TE for a 1st down on 3rd. He's always been overrated...always!

Those that like "Jacked-up" will naturally like Lavar. Keep in mind that "Jacked-up" was created for those that know little about the game and need to see the NFL's version of a slam-dunk in order to get excited.

But like I said, the coaches he's had never put him in the best spots to succeed.

my point exactly, he was the face of the team for a longgggggggg time, and people are trying to avoid or deny the fact that it'll hurt not to see him in a Redskin's uniform anymore.

He was the face of a losing team who suddenly got upset because the focus was no longer on him upon Coach Gibbs' arrival.

Two years ago, LaVar said Coach Gibbs had to "show him something."

The guy has three SB trophies and a bust in Canton. The closest LaVar has come to greatness is wearing LT's number.

I think I'll get over losing that.

I liked (and still like) Lavar.

I think it's a little odd that he's so preoccupied with revenge that his first instict is to stay in the NFC East. To me, that's a spiteful thing. His perogative, but it just seems odd to me.

As for the "true fan" discussions, Lavar did some great things here. He also made some bad decisions and put himself ahead of the team a few times over the past couple years. That's, unfortunately, what I'll remember more.

I hope he does fine elsewhere but I do not in any way want him to get one shred of "revenge" against this franchise that treated him just fine.

He was the face of a losing team who suddenly got upset because the focus was no longer on him upon Coach Gibbs' arrival.

Two years ago, LaVar said Coach Gibbs had to "show him something."

The guy has three SB trophies and a bust in Canton. The closest LaVar has come to greatness is wearing LT's number.

I think I'll get over losing that.

so I guess three Pro Bowls don't mean anything....that shows that you were one of the best in your position, and the elite. And I bet each and everyone agreed with the decision of him being in the Pro Bowls. Why do you think that most of our players were so "suprised" about it? they've said it themselves, "LaVar is a huge loss" and of all players and "Coaches", we were never the kind of team to have to lie for the media, so they all know that LaVar leaving is going to hurt us. Marcus was looking forward to playing by him, hell most of the defense was. And speaking of showing Gibbs something, what could he show him that would have been an major difference? Maybe he would have shown him something more if he got more playing time, and wasn't benched for half of the damn season. But it's ok, another team will give him the playing time, and trust me, he's gonna take it and use it dangerously.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2274129#post2274129

Not that this carries any weight, but a friend of mine in N.Y. told me tonight that Pierce is lobbying the Giants hard to bring Lavar on board. Could make some sense.

Posted this yesterday and it looks like my friend was correct.

If Lavar lands with the Giants I wonder if they'll let him wear #56.

so I guess three Pro Bowls don't mean anything....

How many has Champ Bailey been in? The last two years aren't exactly his shining moments and he made it on both. Jeremiah Trotter played what... six games in '04 and got in?

Pro Bowl is about popularity, much like LaVar.

Archived