Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar to the Giants???

skull1669

I think everyone understands Santana, and I think many are simply bustin' your chops.

That said, I don't necessarily dislike players when they leave either...see Griffin, Barrow and Armstead(how bout' that...all became Redskins). I do however hate it when players I dislike become Giants...Brian Mitchell. And no, I could never warm-up to TO like the Philly fans did, but they are after all...Philly fans.

No, I hear ya, and agree in part. I wish Lavar well, but my loyalties will always be with the team. I just cant keep rooting for him if he is on a team that I dont like, or if rooting for him conflicts with rooting for the Redskins. I still like Stephen Davis. He may be old, and brittle, and went to another team, but he was at a time one of my favorate Redskins. I still rooted for him to do well with Carolina, but would scream my head off for the Redskins defense to destroy him if we were playing them.

I understand that lol.

Lavar is da man.

Lavar is a monster watch him be unleashed.

Lavar is going to destroy the entire Redskins organization when he plays us.

Lavar is going to kill every QB we have, Sonny won't even broadcast those games out of fear.

I miss Lavar so much.

I hope Lavar has a great career wherever he goes.

I love Lavar Arrington.

Maybe Lavar really paid back 4 mill so he can resign with us and help the teams cap out.

Some of you need to turn in your Redskins fan card and hit the bricks with Lavar. Honestly some of you act as if Lavar was the end all of Redskins players, as if the football Gods broke the mold when they created Lavar.

He's a hint Lavar was overrated and made his name off of one hit that ended old *** Troy Aikman's career. He was a good LB at best but was never regarded as an elite LB, the way some of you wishes he would be. Lavar had problems with D coaches since college and never showed an ability to play with in a certain scheme, unless it involved freelancing.

Now I know some of you are still in morning but Lavar has moved on, so should some of you. If you love and revere Lavar more then Redskins, then go be a Lavar fan but stop with all the "Lavar is going to kill us posts" because he hasn't killed anyone in years.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Love it or leave it, huh? This is great thinking and thank God our country wasn't founded on this ignorance!!! I guess people can't have any opinion that doesn't agree with you and your perceived support the organization. Matter of fact, if you liked Lavar and are just sad to see him go...you must be against the Redskins! LOL, that must make you a Cowboy fan automatic right? I mean come on, up until a day ago he was a Redskin and now every fan out there must turn off their emotions like a light switch. Matter of fact one could say that if you didn't support Lavar before then you are not a TRUE REDSKINS fan because as long as they wear the burgandy & gold you should support them. What? You mean that because I liked and still like Fred Smoot I have to now check in my Redskins card...you mean approximately 30 yrs I have cheered for the 'Skins has come down to me wanting an ex-Redskin to do well? Wait because I or someone else feels that their favorite team let a player go that they wanted to stay...you must check in your fan card and go with them.

Absolutely ridiculous that because one is sad that a player is gone and you still like or support him that you must give up being a fan of your favorite team. That might be one of the more idiotic things I've heard. I hope you see the point of how you come across. Then again, you probably don't... :rolleyes:

I think everyone understands Santana, and I think many are simply bustin' your chops.

That said, I don't necessarily dislike players when they leave either...see Griffin, Barrow and Armstead(how bout' that...all became Redskins). I do however hate it when players I dislike become Giants...Brian Mitchell. And no, I could never warm-up to TO like the Philly fans did, but they are after all...Philly fans.

lol that was funny (about the Philly fans) :laugh: . My friend acts as if TO is the best WR to step on the football field.

']Stew' date='

There is a lot of potential in Arrington. He just seems like he is a selfish player and thinks he knows more than the coaches do. If he decides to play within the system he is in, he could be a great LB. But, that is a big IF. I'm sure if the Giants sign him, it is because they are convinced he will play as a defense and not as an individual. And I think having Pierce there will help a lot too. But I'll wait to look at that after and if the Giants sign him.[/quote']

have fun with LaVar, ill take the cap space and a lot less distractions without him.

I hope he goes to someone we play twice a year that way our staff can exploit his weaknesses that they ALL know so well.

;)

I concur :applause: , however I'm also aware of the phrase "beware of what you wish for".

I'm convinced LA plays on instincts only. He is a physical phenom who is uncoachable, according to his reputation, ...........

I still hope he signs with an NFC East team. We get to see him twice a year and based on his previous tendencies, we may be able to exploit his weakness

to date and use his tendencies against him.

Love it or leave it, huh? This is great thinking and thank God our country wasn't founded on this ignorance!!! I guess people can't have any opinion that doesn't agree with you and your perceived support the organization. Matter of fact, if you liked Lavar and are just sad to see him go...you must be against the Redskins! LOL, that must make you a Cowboy fan automatic right? I mean come on, up until a day ago he was a Redskin and now every fan out there must turn off their emotions like a light switch. Matter of fact one could say that if you didn't support Lavar before then you are not a TRUE REDSKINS fan because as long as they wear the burgandy & gold you should support them. What? You mean that because I liked and still like Fred Smoot I have to now check in my Redskins card...you mean approximately 30 yrs I have cheered for the 'Skins has come down to me wanting an ex-Redskin to do well? Wait because I or someone else feels that their favorite team let a player go that they wanted to stay...you must check in your fan card and go with them.

Absolutely ridiculous that because one is sad that a player is gone and you still like or support him that you must give up being a fan of your favorite team. That might be one of the more idiotic things I've heard. I hope you see the point of how you come across. Then again, you probably don't... :rolleyes:

Hi there buddy thanks for the insightful post I'll give you a hint %99.9 of the issues debated and argued here are opinions. You and anybody else can like whomever you please and dislike whomever you please.

Your opinion means absolutely nothing to me, so unlike you I'll keep it short and to the point. Tissues are on aisle 56 you may want to get some before they run out.

Check the handle, it's loyal2washington, not LavarManLove56QBKillaHOFEasternsMotors. I will never rout for Lavar Arrington, that is unless he is wearing the B+G.

To make my list complete

F Champ Bailey

F Fred Smoot

F Antonio Pierce

And F any other player not wearing the B+G.

And if you don't like it F you, I could really care less Biz.

Hi there buddy. Give you a hint. Attack the post not the poster. May not agree with the attitude of the post, but you were doing fine up until that point. Try not to let things get too personal. Life's too short. It's also alot more fun around here that way. Just some advice from someone who's hung out here for awhile.

damn Antonio Pierce and LaVar playing together again would be dangerous. Once LaVar plays us, he's going to do some damage, and most of these Redskins fans were doggin him out these last two years, which is stupid. And in some aspects, I hope he gets his revenge too. I mean I'm a true Redskin's fan, but most of these fans who were doggin him out, were the same exact people who were on LaVar's **** before this started happening, and then with having two bad years, they decide to dog him out and not like him anymore....horrible.

You keep saying 'Dog him out?" I am one of those fans I guess but I still don't know what 'dog him out' means. The thing with lavar is I love the guy, but as a player he did not fit our system. Did you see the 1st tampa game? He had a clear shot on Mike Alstott and he left his feet to try to make a "big hit". Well what happened? Mike bounced right off of him and scored (well not really) and we lost the game. That is Lavar in a nutshell. Blache said it best- For every obvious big plays he comes up with there are four plays where he misses asignments, ect. He was not a good player. Great Athlete. Bad player. I hope he goes to the G-men, we will have a field day taking advantage of him.

Hi there buddy thanks for the insightful post I'll give you a hint %99.9 of the issues debated and argued here are opinions. You and anybody else can like whomever you please and dislike whomever you please.

Your opinion means absolutely nothing to me, so unlike you I'll keep it short and to the point. Tissues are on aisle 56 you may want to get some before they run out.

Check the handle, it's loyal2washington, not LavarManLove56QBKillaHOFEasternsMotors. I will never rout for Lavar Arrington, that is unless he is wearing the B+G.

To make my list complete

F Champ Bailey

F Fred Smoot

F Antonio Pierce

And F any other player not wearing the B+G.

There you go! Now you're using your big boy words. Must have gotten to the sixth letter in the alphabet. Good job, nice to know you know how express yourself and use an expanded vocabulary. I mean one would have never guessed that at such a typical response. :applause:

LMAO, we've gone from "Love it or leave it" to "F everyone" that doesn't see it the way I see it!

You keep saying 'Dog him out?" I am one of those fans I guess but I still don't know what 'dog him out' means. The thing with lavar is I love the guy, but as a player he did not fit our system. Did you see the 1st tampa game? He had a clear shot on Mike Alstott and he left his feet to try to make a "big hit". Well what happened? Mike bounced right off of him and scored (well not really) and we lost the game. That is Lavar in a nutshell. Blache said it best- For every obvious big plays he comes up with there are four plays where he misses asignments, ect. He was not a good player. Great Athlete. Bad player. I hope he goes to the G-men, we will have a field day taking advantage of him.

I understand that he had a clear shot on him, but you can't just put the loss on Arrington. We should have played well the whole game as a team, and Greg Williams and Gibbs would have said the same exact thing, you can't just put the whole blame on one player. In other words, we shouldn't have even had a nail-biter 1 point game like that, we should have never been in that position in the first place. If I recall, we provided no pressure at all on Chris Simms, meaning the whole front four, and linebackers, and Joey Galloway punished our secondary, so don't just put all of the blame on Arrington....he wasn't the only one on the field that day who made mistakes.

I understand that he had a clear shot on him, but you can't just put the loss on Arrington. We should have played well the whole game as a team, and Greg Williams and Gibbs would have said the same exact thing, you can't just put the whole blame on one player. In other words, we shouldn't have even had a nail-biter 1 point game like that, we should have never been in that position in the first place. If I recall, we provided no pressure at all on Chris Simms, meaning the whole front four, and linebackers, and Joey Galloway punished our secondary, so don't just put all of the blame on Arrington....he wasn't the only one on the field that day who made mistakes.

Every word you said here is completly true. No Defense all day. Pass rush and pass coverage was aweful and we still had a chance to win and we did not come through. That game put me in the worst mood. I am not blaming the loss on him. However, looking at that play. For me, it sums up his career in a nut shell.

Another note about lavar. He is supposed to be this amazing pass rusher and be a third down threat. To me it looked like he would give up once he got blocked. I never saw him continue to go after the QB once he was blocked. He would have 5 more sacks a year if he would not give up on plays.

Every word you said here is completly true. No Defense all day. Pass rush and pass coverage was aweful and we still had a chance to win and we did not come through. That game put me in the worst mood. I am not blaming the loss on him. However, looking at that play. For me, it sums up his career in a nut shell.

Another note about lavar. He is supposed to be this amazing pass rusher and be a third down threat. To me it looked like he would give up once he got blocked. I never saw him continue to go after the QB once he was blocked. He would have 5 more sacks a year if he would not give up on plays.

yea that's true, but I honestly think that it was his knee injury not being 100% for him to be able to apply pressure, and get the angle and push. I think it was applying to much pressure on his knee to push 300+ pounders back. That's just my opinion. But I wish that we could have kept him for an extra year to see how he played with an all healthy season.

Walt Harris blowing the coverage on two TD's in the second half had soooooooo much more to do with that loss than any missed tackle. Walt Harris got burned (30 yd TD catch - E. Sheppard) and completely left his man completely wide open in the endzone (4 yd TD catch - I. Hilliard).

That was one long drive home after that game. :doh:

yea that's true, but I honestly think that it was his knee injury not being 100% for him to be able to apply pressure, and get the angle and push. I think it was applying to much pressure on his knee to push 300+ pounders back. That's just my opinion. But I wish that we could have kept him for an extra year to see how he played with an all healthy season.

Its hard not to think about the What if's when you have such a gifted athlete like Lavar is. And he is a beast of a football player. My beef with lavar is that he does not fit in well with Williams's D scheme. I think its a plus that he is gone, and somebody who is really smart can come in and play middle linebacker while putting Marshall to the outside. I think even if we did not save the :2cents: on cap space, this is a better fit for the redskins. I just wish we would have signed Champ Bailey to a long year extension and traded Lavar sooner.

You do realize a few yrs back, Lavar did lead the league in sacks for LB'ers. Just thought it needed to be pointed out...

LMAO, we've gone from "Love it or leave it" to "F everyone" that doesn't see it the way I see it!

Now you understand. I don't care if you like what I have to say, if you agree or disagree is totally irrelevant to me. You on the other hand started the whole war of words because you disagreed with my first post in this thread, remember your little rendition of War and Peace. I don't care what some yahoo on a message board thinks, you apparently do. If you disagreed with a post then stat your disagreement(s) and be done with it. Don't throw your little jabs at me in your posts, then take my rebuttal personally, that's a punk move. If your going to dish it, take it Biz.

Its hard not to think about the What if's when you have such a gifted athlete like Lavar is. And he is a beast of a football player. My beef with lavar is that he does not fit in well with Williams's D scheme. I think its a plus that he is gone, and somebody who is really smart can come in and play middle linebacker while putting Marshall to the outside. I think even if we did not save the :2cents: on cap space, this is a better fit for the redskins. I just wish we would have signed Champ Bailey to a long year extension and traded Lavar sooner.

The thing that I hate about him now is that he lied, saying that he'd retire before he plays on another team, but obviously that was a lie. So who would you like to fill in his spot? I like Julian Peterson.

He had a good year in 2002 under Shott. I know he did, but Im talking recently. It looked like once he got blocked he would stop rushing. Maybe that was his injury, I don't know. He did only have .5 a sack this last year and he played half the season.

The thing that I hate about him now is that he lied, saying that he'd retire before he plays on another team, but obviously that was a lie. So who would you like to fill in his spot? I like Julian Peterson.

I like Peterson. I would rather sign a MLB though and move Marshall back on the outside. Do you think McCune is ready to play? He is old but its only his second year but I hear the guy is a monster athlete. I don't know, it really all depends on our cap situation. And we will find out how that goes in the next day or two.

Archived