Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar to the Giants???

skull1669

Isifhan.....dcsports56....I happen to be a PSU grad and follow the team closely....Joe Pa doesn't bear the animosity suggested in the post. the implication belittles Joe Pa - not LA - if you htink about it. he has no idea what Joe really htinks and I was calling him out. that's the danger in generalizing from the snippets we all see in the media - the same media we enjoy slamming as "mediots" when we happen to disagree with the message.

"Don't know about you guys, but I'll take that coaching fraternity's work for it."

but should we take your word for it (speaking for them)? NOT.

Lavar's problems with previous coaches are well known. Marvin Lewis is the one who said he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. I'm suprised that on this board, with so many knowledgeable fans, that Lavar's well documented past troubles with coaches would even be questioned. I thought that stuff was common knowledge.

Most people "dog him out" because of his bi-polar attitude towards the team and the media, one minute he'd be talking about how much he loved the fans and wanted to be a Redskin for life, the next minute he'd do something like invite a reporter to his house to discuss his problems with the team the week before the final must-win game of the season. Nobody is walking around saying his talent is overrated and he's a bum, physically he is a monster, but his mindset just didn't gel with Gibbs and the F.O., and at the end of the day who's more important to the Skins: Joe Gibbs or Lavar Arrington?

Well said. I think people have the right to change their loyalty towards Lavar, just as he changed his attitude about the Skins from day to night. From "I want to be a Redskin for Life" to "Hey Dan, here is my 4Mil dollar check of freedom, I'm outtie." Really depresses me. Seriously thinking about burning my Arrington jersey or at very least selling it on Ebay for like fifty cents.

die hard....just checking!....you know how generalizations and un-measured character assassination can get out of control on this board from time to time!

of course Santana deserved the recognition. but I would hazard to guess that it isn't always clear when a player does or doesn't deserve the accolade. my bet would be that LA derserved 1 maybe even 2 of his pro bowls. we all seemed to be pretty satisfied around these parts when they first happened.

Al, I wouldn't take into account what the masses here are "content" with as any kind of legitimacy :laugh: If it were up to them... there's be 22 Redskins in the Pro Bowl every year. :)

I didn't think Chris Samuels deserved to go to the Pro Bowl this year. I think Portis deserved to go.

Marcus Washington, to me, is one of the best linebackers in the NFC. Statictically, he wasn't as good as he was the year before. I think that had more to do with the system and what offenses were doing more than Washington having a down year. So do I think he should've gone? I thought he still deserved serious consideration.

As far as "character assassination"... not sure what exactly you are implying.... the 18-year old comment?

LMAO if he does sign w/ them and takes out our QB like he did to Aikman!!! Touché! :laugh:

Troy Aikman was in bad enough shape at that point in his career that a stiff breeze would have given him another concussion.

I know it's a big play in LaVar's "lore," but it was six years ago and he hasn't come remotely close to being anywhere near as "scary" to any team in the NFL.

as far as pierce and lavar are concerned they are as different as could possibly be..

pierce was healthy and coming off the best year in his career

he is an absolute student of the game

lavar?? we all know the story there. no reason to beat a dead horse, but the giants need to think about what they are buying with lavar... maybe the skins can pick up the fullback finn fromthe giants , every time we saw him, he was running free behind lavar

You mean your 18-year old buddies were concerned about Arrington in our matchups? Dude, you have problems following simple forum rules here. So, excuse me if your football team and player evaluations doesn't hold much weight.

Instead of suggesting that his numbers "had to be good".. why don't you actually look them up and add some substance to your posts.

For instance... here are Arrington's stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187383

The guy never had more than 82 tackles in a season. Counting his first 4 seasons.. his best 4 seasons... he has a total of 22 sacks (average of 5/season) and 3 INT's (1/season). ANd he's had tackle totals of 55,99,92, 88 - almost 25% of his tackles are "assists" which means isn't really isn't the playmaker people are making him out to be.

How do I have problems following forum rules....I'm doing what any other person on this website is doing (speaking my opinion)!. And I'm not going to say much more if it bothers you....I'll just leave it at, wait till he play's us, and you'll see what we lost. Then you'll fit in with the rest that always wants to resign a former Redskin, when we should have kept him all along. And I did look his stats up, so before assuming something you should ask first....we've released David Akers, Trent Green etc., everyone we released gets revenge, the very year after releasing Rod Gardner, he fried our seconday. Another stupid release, now we're in the boat of needing a second WR. Look what Chad Morton did against us in the first game....Antonion Pierce too. And you want to talk about stats, who knows what he could have done if he wasn't benched or injured in the past two years (think). Your caught all up in the hype (think), with this LB core, matter a fact, wth our whole defense being as good as it is, would you really expect someone to get 82 tackles? It would be spread all over the defense. I mean you have Marcus Washington, LeMar Marshall, Sean Taylor, Springs, Griffin, Daniels etc. You have to think man. Think of it this way....if you were in a room with a bunch of food, and 10 other starving people, would you expect to get the bulk of it, or be smart enough to know that when someone else is hungry they would get some too (same sense as Arrington), we have 10 other "great" players on defense, I hope you don't expect him to rack up that many tackles, when you have names like ours on defense. And what about me being 18? And if your making a comment about anyone being wrong because their 18, than you must be childish yourself.

Well said. I think people have the right to change their loyalty towards Lavar, just as he changed his attitude about the Skins from day to night. From "I want to be a Redskin for Life" to "Hey Dan, here is my 4Mil dollar check of freedom, I'm outtie." Really depresses me. Seriously thinking about burning my Arrington jersey or at very least selling it on Ebay for like fifty cents.

Exactly. He dissed the team and embarrassed the Redskins in the media, told everyone he wanted to be a Redskin for life, then when offered a contract renegotiation that would have guaranteed and moved up even more money he chose to abandon ship. Good riddance. I'm not saying this is all Lavar's fault. For one thing, Synder made a bad decision by giving such a big contract in the first place. Not because of Lavar but because no LB is worth that kind of money. That's WR, CB, QB, LT money. LB are much, much easier to find than those positions. Danny handicapped himself with a contract that was excessive and forced us to either renegotiate or deal with huge cap numbers every year. Also, the coaching changes were rough but that doesn't really hold water because Samuels and Jansen are doing just fine.

Basically, between the comments made by Lindsey and GW, the ridiculous things Lavar has said in the media and the past comments we've all heard I have a hard time believing it's all coincidence or that the world is out to ruin Lavar's reputation. After a while, when we keep hearing the same things, you have to think the trend is more than a trend.

1) Still injuried during the season.

2) 1/2 time was riding the bench, especially passing downs. Thus, few chances to bring the wood.

3) Next year, Revenge factor.

Not looking to see LA on other side of the ball.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. Can you imagine his over-pursuit and freelancing when he's all fired up to play us again? It's gonna be GREAT. Saunders will befuddle that poor boy.

How do I have problems following forum rules....I'm doing what any other person on this website is doing (speaking my opinion)!. And I'm not going to say much more if it bothers you....I'll just leave it at, wait till he play's us, and you'll see what we lost. Then you'll fit in with the rest that always wants to resign a former Redskin, when we should have kept him all along. And I did look his stats up, so before assuming something you should ask first....we've released David Akers, Trent Green etc., everyone we released gets revenge, the very year after relaesing Rod Gardner, he fried our seconday. Another stupid release, now we're in the boat of needing a second WR. Look what Chad Morton did against us in the first game....Antonion Pierce too. And you want to talk about stats, who knows what he could have done if he wasn't benched or injured in the past two years (think). Your caught all up in the hype (think), with this LB core, matter a fact, wth our whole defense being as good as it is, would you really expect someone to get 82 tackles? It would be spread all over the defense to at least add up somewhat equally. I mean you have Marcus Washington, LeMar Marshall, Sean Taylor, Springs Griffin, Daniels etc. You have to think man. Think of it this way....if you were in a room with a bunch of food, and 10 other starving people, would you expect to get the bulk of it, or be smart enough to know that when someone else is hungry they would get some too (same sense as Arrington), we have 10 other "great" players on defense, I hope you don't expect him to rack up that many tackles, when you have names like ours on defense.

This guy just said getting rid of Rod Gardner was a bad move. Nuff said.

****ing 50/50, lol

I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. Can you imagine his over-pursuit and freelancing when he's all fired up to play us again? It's gonna be GREAT. Saunders will befuddle that poor boy.

I know, opposing coaches have loved playing Lavar for years because they all knew they could bank on Lavar being out of place against misdirection and play action. I'm looking forward to watching him abandon his coverage on Cooley on a play action and getting torched for a 30 yard gain. It'll be nice to see that happen for us instead of against us.

Troy Aikman was in bad enough shape at that point in his career that a stiff breeze would have given him another concussion.

I know it's a big play in LaVar's "lore," but it was six years ago and he hasn't come remotely close to being anywhere near as "scary" to any team in the NFL.

Exactly. That keeps getting dragged out more than Michael Jackson's "I never had a childhood" argument. One hit. So what.

****ing 50/50, lol

I know. Anybody whose rationale is that every time we cut a player they excel... doesn't earn any respect for intelligence in my book.

Where's Derrius Thompson right now? Stephen Davis has had 1 decent season since he's left (the Panthers Super Bowl year)? People said we'd regret cutting Michael Westbrook. Fred Smoot? Skip Hicks? Stephen Alexander? Kenard Lang? How'd it work out with Darryl Gardener? It never ends.

How did our defense fare without Arrington that past 2 years? Without Trotter? How did the team fare without Antonio Pierce and Fred Smoot last year? Just curious.

****ing 50/50, lol

Yes, he said Gardner fried our secondary in the pre-season game. Hence, it was a bad move to cut him.

Gardner was subsequently released by the Panthers and signed with the Packers for the last few games of the year.

I always find it funny when former players have a single "good" play in a game.. and people say "see, we should have kept him" :laugh:

I know. Anybody whose rationale is that every time we cut a player they excel... doesn't earn any respect for intelligence in my book.

Where's Derrius Thompson right now? Stephen Davis has had 1 decent season since he's left (the Panthers Super Bowl year)? People said we'd regret cutting Michael Westbrook. Fred Smoot? Skip Hicks? Stephen Alexander? Kenard Lang? How'd it work out with Darryl Gardener? It never ends.

How did our defense fare without Arrington that past 2 years? Without Trotter? How did the team fare without Antonio Pierce and Fred Smoot last year? Just curious.

Ok, if it's like that then why has there been threads saying things like this "who thinks we should sign Stephen Davis?" "Who thinks we should sign Kenard Lang?" "Hummmm, who thinks we should sign Fred Smoot back?" it seems clear to me that they want them back for a reason don't you think?

Yes, he said Gardner fried our secondary in the pre-season game. Hence, it was a bad move to cut him.

Gardner was subsequently released by the Panthers and signed with the Packers for the last few games of the year.

I always find it funny when former players have a single "good" play in a game.. and people say "see, we should have kept him" :laugh:

Yeah, I hear you, it's craziness. Regardless of how much talent Gardner does or doesn't have (I'm leaning towards doesn't on this one) his attitude wasn't right. That's what people don't realize. JOE GIBBS TAKES CHARACTER OVER TALENT EVERDAY OF THE WEEK! We weren't the most talented team in the 80s, we were the smartest, hardest working, mentally toughest team and that's how we won. People who don't remember his first term can only identify with the player first era we just left. Arrington's gone and he wanted out therefore he's dead to me. I only worry about the Skins who will still be putting that uniform on.

Ok, if it's like that then why has there been threads saying things like this "who thinks we should sign Stephen Davis?" "Who thinks we should sign Kenard Lang?" "Hummmm, who thinks we should sign Fred Smoot back?" it seems clear to me that they want them back for a reason don't you think?

its called that they are enamored with a player and not looking at what impact he can still have on the team or if he can still play at a higher level in the NFL.

Simple as that. If you think differently, youre wrong :D

Archived