Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar to the Giants???

skull1669

Well i read a artcile sometime around the end of 2005 that if he wasn't a Redskin anymore that he would retire, that he didnt wanna play for anyone other the redskins!!

I have read it and am looking for it as we speak!!!!

The thing that I hate about him now is that he lied, saying that he'd retire before he plays on another team, but obviously that was a lie. So who would you like to fill in his spot? I like Julian Peterson.

You don't have the cap space for Peterson. If you were somehow able to create the space, you'd once again be strapped next season or beyond and have to cut Taylor, Portis whomever.

Regarding the "lie". C'mon, damn near every guy in a bind or trade situation says the same thing. Very few players are straight with fans. The only Giants I've ever felt were straight with the fans are Simms, LT and Barber.

Besides, he was nearly pushed out the door.

You do realize a few yrs back, Lavar did lead the league in sacks for LB'ers. Just thought it needed to be pointed out...

It also needs to be pointed out, that then D-Coordinator Marvin Lewis played Lavar at DE, more then normal, as he didn't trust Lavar as a LBer. Which was the main problem between scheme oriented Marvin Lewis and freelance Lavar. Sounds very similar to the problems with this staff doesn't it. :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Now you understand. I don't care if you like what I have to say, if you agree or disagree is totally irrelevant to me. You on the other hand started the whole war of words because you disagreed with my first post in this thread, remember your little rendition of War and Peace. I don't care what some yahoo on a message board thinks, you apparently do. If you disagreed with a post then stat your disagreement(s) and be done with it. Don't throw your little jabs at me in your posts, then take my rebuttal personally, that's a punk move. If your going to dish it, take it Biz.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

LOL, I haven't taken anything personally (don't know where you got that idea) and am far from it. When you have to use curse words to make your point, then your point carries no weight. I've been laughing literally at it all and how extreme you take it. That is what my point was all about in regarding your post(s). LOL @ that you don't care what others think or say on a message board..if that was true you wouldn't be posting or trying to share your opinion, you would just be lurking (reading). I'm not dishing anything, not trying to "punk" you either. It's about how if a person doesn't agree with your point of view they need turn in their Redskins fan card, go somewhere else, or just blank off (trying to be polite). That's all...bud. Nothing else!

I like Peterson. I would rather sign a MLB though and move Marshall back on the outside. Do you think McCune is ready to play? He is old but its only his second year but I hear the guy is a monster athlete. I don't know, it really all depends on our cap situation. And we will find out how that goes in the next day or two.

yes, I think McCune is ready, I'm ready to see how he'd step up for the team, and what kind of player he'd be classified as.

You don't have the cap space for Peterson. If you were somehow able to create the space, you'd once again be strapped next season or beyond and have to cut Taylor, Portis whomever.

Regarding the "lie". C'mon, damn near every guy in a bind or trade situation says the same thing. Very few players are straight with fans. The only Giants I've ever felt were straight with the fans are Simms, LT and Barber.

Besides, he was nearly pushed out the door.

If we have a CBA we will have room... but I don't know if we want to use that room to spend it on a LB. We have so many more needs and it would be better to promote from within (McCune?)

I don't know. He was given an option to stay with the team but restructure his contract. I think if he restructured it would of gone a long way to mend the ties between him and the front office/coaching staff. Hey, but this whole thing is a job for most players, and if you got offered a promotion from your job and you and the Boss had been fighting recently I think most people would take it.

McCune would be a MLB but nobody knows how good he is because he has not played. He was good at Louisville but he was a project. He fell to Round 5 because nobody wanted to draft a project who was 26 years old. He didn't go to school right away so he could join the military and serve our country. He also used to enter strong man competitions and if I am not mistaken can outbench anybody on our team.

LOL, I haven't taken anything personally (don't know where you got that idea) and am far from it. When you have to use curse words to make your point, then your point carries no weight. I've been laughing literally at it all and how extreme you take it. That is what my point was all about in regarding your post(s). LOL @ that you don't care what others think or say on a message board..if that was true you wouldn't be posting or trying to share your opinion, you would just be lurking (reading). I'm not dishing anything, not trying to "punk" you either. It's about how if a person doesn't agree with your point of view they need turn in their Redskins fan card, go somewhere else, or just blank off (trying to be polite). That's all...bud. Nothing else!

You're missing the point Biz, agree or disagree all you want with my POV, just don't take personal jabs and I wouldn't have told you, BLANK you. If your intial post would have been, your post sucks, your ideas suck, then we wouldn't have had a problem. You take personal jab, I'm going to talk back. Oh well PM me if you need to say anything else, we need to keep this smack off this board.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I know he is going to stay in the East just to be a thorn in our side. I think he would really rather play for NY or Phully, but out of all the three, I guess I hate NYG less, if that's possible. But I really want him to play for an AFC West team, since we just finished playing their division we won't see them for a while, unless in the SB. He should be a Charger.:logo:

Didn't Lavar once say, that if he left the Skins, he would retire? Now he's saying this...

LaVar Arrington, who bought his way out of his Washington Redskins contract, told reporters he wants to stay in the NFC East and play for the Eagles or the New York Giants.

-- Delaware County Times

So much for Lavar being the "loyal" and "B&G" player that everyone made him out to be.

Goodbye & good riddance. Hopefully, he does play for division foe. They'll get a taste of what he's done here the past two years...............NOTHING. He's a player that has about 1 play every game. But, for every one play he makes, there's 5 blown coverages or missed tackles.

"Goodbye & good riddance. Hopefully, he does play for division foe. They'll get a taste of what he's done here the past two years...............NOTHING. He's a player that has about 1 play every game. But, for every one play he makes, there's 5 blown coverages or missed tackles."

guess we'll find out whether he stinks or not...won't we? especially if he is healthy and not the idiot strawman you are pushing

"Goodbye & good riddance. Hopefully, he does play for division foe. They'll get a taste of what he's done here the past two years...............NOTHING. He's a player that has about 1 play every game. But, for every one play he makes, there's 5 blown coverages or missed tackles."

guess we'll find out whether he stinks or not...won't we? especially if he is healthy and not the idiot strawman you are pushing

Fansince62, When you're referring to Lavar's formidible years with the Redskins from '01-'03, his Pro-Bowl years; the years when he was "healthy" and "not an idiot strawman", just keep in mind your Pro Bowl LB never made over 100 tackles in any of those years. Most Pro-Bowl LB's average, oh about 125 tackles a season. Lavar? He had 99, 92, 88 tackles respectively, for each of those years. Let's also point out the steady decline. If you want to take a step further, let's compare that to a LB chosen in the same draft, who's made quite a few Pro-Bowls. Brian Urlacher. Within the same period from '01-'03, he averaged 127 tackles in that period.

Everyone needs to stop idolizing Lavar like he was the second coming of LT. Just because he was the second overall pick doesn't make him a superstar. When you compare him to any other LB that we've had prior to him, of course he looks like like a Stud because we haven't had any 2nd Pick LB's.

Skins had a top ranked defense without him the past 2 years. Everyone needs to get off their knees and realize Lavar leaving is the best thing for this team...

I agree it is best for both sides, but it is a blower IMO. I liked the guy, and had greed not consumed him I think he would have played his career here. Unfortunately, I think his agents ruined him, and his pride prevented him from reconciling the situation. Its a shame, he could have been something special here. The whole Lavar VS. the front office thing was a locker room distraction though, it had to be on some levels.

Also, I think there was more going on between him and the coaching staff than we know. He's a great player that it seemed to me last year was not given a chance. I think it was someone in the coaching staff and the fact that he has had 5 defensive coordinators that drove him away.

gangars......you are...of course entitled to your opinion....

stats are nice...but they aren't everything. LA did win games and make pivotal plays. if he makes one tackle but an INT that sets up a win - good enough for me. winning is all that counts. same sort of thinking applies to defense ranking - while being at the bottom means you truly are bad, being at the top is a guarantee of nothing.. that top five defense...we can all be so proud of the 5-11 record it helped cement. kinda like a QB going on a tear, setting all kinds of league and personal records....but losing in the first round of the play-offs (ring a bell?).

we will never see this in the same light. I saw someone with real physical presence at the point of attack that none of our other LBs have. in fact, that no one other than ST has. I saw someone who did get tangled up when pass-rushing (as have others) who did over-run on blitzes (as have others), who did not alwys cover space well in pass defense (as have others), but who did make big plays, who who did have dominating games (like the SF game this past season), who did make key INTs, who did make many more tackles per effort then failures, who had a non-stop motor sideline-to-sideline..........the picture some are painting cuz of what went on in the press is s one-sided as to be gross.

bottom line for me is that Joe went to his house and put quite a bit on the table to keep him here - that can only point to the value they STILL held him in. now....LA was already too far gone in his emotions, speculating, to roll back (supposing his statement about the CBA matter being the sticking point for him to be more PR than anything else) ihs decision. no one is saying he is without fault in all of this. but the bashing has been, quite frnakly, embarrassing. not only that - but it serves as a harbinger to quality FAs thinking of coming here of what may come to pass should things not go as planned. It really makes the fans look bad if you want to know the truth. If you can't stand the guy the best approach is "Thanks for the years you served. Good luck wherever you go. Bye." That's what gets done in the business world when folks are *hit-canned.

Also, I think there was more going on between him and the coaching staff than we know. He's a great player that it seemed to me last year was not given a chance. I think it was someone in the coaching staff and the fact that he has had 5 defensive coordinators that drove him away.

:point2sky

Archived