Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Hike Cost Of Tickets, Parking (merged)

@DCGoldPants

I have four seats in 449 Row 13. At $690 per ticket I could justify that.

Now to have to pay about $870 per ticket, in essence making the games that count(8) it is over $100 a ticket.

Sorry, I am priced out.

If I want to go to a game I'll hit the scalpers on game day. I bet I wouldn't pay $100 for any ticket to any game.

I'm not mad at the Skins, I really enjoyed my two years as a season ticket holder, but I think they will find the waiting list won't last long at these prices.

The ticket increase kinda blows...but we've all known it was just a matter of time. The parking increase really blows, because I think that's just greed, plain and simple. What sticks in my craw, is everyone want's a piece of the Skins fans...even friggin MBNA!

Included with the invoice, is the option for current Redskins MasterCard cardholders, the "opportunity" to charge your season tickets for a low promotional APR and a Washington Redskins Blanket. The part that sucks, is to be afforded the "opportunity", you have to pay a balance transfer fee of 3%(minimum $10.00,no maximum.) WTF!

I guess we Skins fans have a target, directed squarely at our asses. Needless to say, I slapped it on American Express, called MBNA and closed out my account. **** 'em.

the thing i'm trying to figure out , out of all of this is ,why are the price changes varying so much from the lower level to the very top of the stadium. people in the lower bowl are getting a 30 -40 % increase and the obstructed view seats have been lowered in price . the upper level first 15 rows went from $69 a seat to $87 a seat which is about a 25% increase . why the big Fluxuation here ??? i feel for the lower bowl area.

i know alot of people that have these seats are just like me , middle class , die hard redskins fans, a gradual 10% increase every year would have been better accepted .

the seats i'm in, upper level 50 yard line were $59 and increased only $5 to $64 each, thats a more resaonable 10% increase . i would assume the end zone uppers are a little less . also i don't understand what tax everyone is talking about ? i recieved my invoice yesterday and there was no tax on the invoice. there was the service charge that has increased by $2 every year since i've recieved my tickets in 2002 , but no tax ??

i will be staying where i'm at , this is my only entertainment i get for the year , and one i enjoy to much to let go, especially since my kids have started going with me.

the thing i'm trying to figure out , out of all of this is ,why are the price changes varying so much from the lower level to the very top of the stadium. people in the lower bowl are getting a 30 -40 % increase and the obstructed view seats have been lowered in price . the upper level first 15 rows went from $69 a seat to $87 a seat which is about a 25% increase . why the big Fluxuation here ??? i feel for the lower bowl area.

i know alot of people that have these seats are just like me , middle class , die hard redskins fans, a gradual 10% increase every year would have been better accepted .

the seats i'm in, upper level 50 yard line were $59 and increased only $5 to $64 each, thats a more resaonable 10% increase . i would assume the end zone uppers are a little less . also i don't understand what tax everyone is talking about ? i recieved my invoice yesterday and there was no tax on the invoice. there was the service charge that has increased by $2 every year since i've recieved my tickets in 2002 , but no tax ??

i will be staying where i'm at , this is my only entertainment i get for the year , and one i enjoy to much to let go, especially since my kids have started going with me.

so 50 yard line, rows 16-29 are only $64?????????? I sit 5 yard line, row 13 and my tickets are now $87..... that is ridiculous. I pay 23 dollars more per seat per game than someone that sits 50-yard line only 3 rows higher than I do.... wow, that's depressing. For two seats, that is almost $500 per year. I may look into moving back to rows 16-29 and over toward the 50.....

also i don't understand what tax everyone is talking about ? i recieved my invoice yesterday and there was no tax on the invoice. there was the service charge that has increased by $2 every year since i've recieved my tickets in 2002 , but no tax ??

Mark,

Re-check your invoice near the bottom. If you are not being charged a 10% PG County admissison and amusement tax surcharge, you're the only one.

I guess Snyder doesn't remember that he used to be a fan. FedEx will just have more empty seats, and more opponents fans. All of you that have convinced yourselves that this pay increase for Snyder is really just to make sure we have "the greatest coaching staff" in the NFL need to put the burgundy Kool-Aid down. This is just greed, pure and simple.

By the way, remember last week when I said "It's not 'our' money, it's Danny's money."

Well, apparently, "our" money is Danny's money after all.

Just out of curiosity, can someone sell the gameday experience to me at this point? FedEx is difficult to get to, lacks amenities, is too big, and has a lousy audiovisual system. Explain to me why I should spend hundreds of dollars to go there instead of sitting at home and watching the game on a big tv near a fridge filled with Heineken.

I've still yet to receive my invoice! I'm not so sure I want to see it now. If it's due the 31st, they had better get it to me soon.

I haven't received mine either, but is that surprising to you? Last year I think I had 17 seconds from the time I opened the envelope to the time it was due back.....

With my MD tickets I have until June 1...... they gave me 3 months when Danny Boy gives you 3 days.....

It's the little things, ladies and gents.... the little things... like the parking, the stadium ammenities, the BS excuse of "well we didn't put the taxes in last year", the limited payment options, the 2 day window you have to send in your money.....

I've said it before, and the Junkies reiterrated the point yesterday and this morning, Snyder is a jerk and is absolutely taking advantage of his fans loyalty..... shame on him.

By the way' date=' remember last week when I said "It's not 'our' money, it's Danny's money."

Well, apparently, "our" money is Danny's money after all.

Just out of curiosity, can someone sell the gameday experience to me at this point? FedEx is difficult to get to, lacks amenities, is too big, and has a lousy audiovisual system. Explain to me why I should spend hundreds of dollars to go there instead of sitting at home and watching the game on a big tv near a fridge filled with Heineken.[/quote']

The Game day experience is great and terrible all at the same time.....

I love the tailgaiting... in my now $35 lot....

the game is obviously great... nothing better than watching the Skins live, which is why I pay the greedy freak

but it's the little things that rub you the wrong way... the poor quality of the food, no give aways (like the nice Giants calendar AND magnet I got when I went to the Skins-Giants game in NY), the lack of good sound system and jumbo tron, the fact that you have to go to the bathroom during the middle of a quarter, and not half time, unless of course you want to miss the whole 3rd quarter waiting in line, the awfulness getting out of the parking lot.....

and while I'm on this rant, let me tell you about my experience at Giants Stadium:

1. We walked in the gate with 3 sandwiches, 2 bags of chips, sodas, waters, etc. At FedEx my buddy was strip searched for the airplane bag of peanuts he had in his pocket.

2. I went to the bathroom at half time and was back in my seat with 9:00 minutes to go.... in the halftime session......

At FedEx, I have missed 1:00 to 5:00 of the 3rd quarter waiting in lines at the bathroom because there aren't enough... now I find myself going during the game so I don't have to do that... but either way, I'm missing action.

3. When leaving they handed me a nice Giants magnet and calendar.... when has Snyder given us a Skins calendar at a game?

These are only a few of the examples..... every other stadium I've been to seems to have a better game day experience, but I put up with FedEx because of my love for this team.

Just out of curiosity' date=' can someone sell the gameday experience to me at this point? FedEx is difficult to get to, lacks amenities, is too big, and has a lousy audiovisual system. Explain to me why I should spend hundreds of dollars to go there instead of sitting at home and watching the game on a big tv near a fridge filled with Heineken.[/quote']

1) It's not hard to get to. We leave at 7:00 a.m. from Manassas, stop and eat breakfast, and get to the Red Lots before they open. We set up our tailgate and have a great time until about 1 hour before the game. We pack up the tailgate and get to our seats about 20 minutes before kickoff.

2) What amenities does it lack? There is a huge variety of brews and foods. Restrooms are plentiful. Seats are individual chair back, fold up seats. The radio broadcast can be heard in the restrooms and TVs are everywhere the field is not. The replay screens are behind the endzones instead of on top of the stadium. I can hear EVERYTHING the announcer says clearly.

3) Unless you like the tailgating/stadium/live experience, I can't tell you why. I love the atmosphere but I like watching at home too. If parking wasn't out the butt and I didn't live so far away, I'd be tempted to go tailgate and watch the game on TV in the parking lot. Then I could beat the traffic!

These are only a few of the examples..... every other stadium I've been to seems to have a better game day experience, but I put up with FedEx because of my love for this team.

That is the gist of my problem with all of this. Aside from the inflated payroll - which I don't necessarily think translates into wins - I don't see what the fans get from this.

The Skins, are you say, are a lousy game day experience. If Snyder could somehow connect the ticket hike to a new Jumbotron or a new sound system or better parking lot security or better transportation or even lower hot dog prices....I could see the justification.

Basically, I see it as "Hey, suckers, it's a privilege to sit in traffic for three hours to sit in the upper deck and have no idea what's going on the field...fork over the cash."

1) It's not hard to get to. We leave at 7:00 a.m. from Manassas, stop and eat breakfast, and get to the Red Lots before they open. We set up our tailgate and have a great time until about 1 hour before the game. We pack up the tailgate and get to our seats about 20 minutes before kickoff.

I live fifteen miles from FedEx Field. The fact that I apparently have to get up at 6 AM and arrive four to five hours before kickoff in order to enjoy myself strikes me as a problem. Last year, I went to an Eagles game. The people I went with live 1/2 hour from the stadium. We left at 10:00 AM and were tailgating at 10:45. That strikes me as reasonable.

I don't like leaving my house at 7:00 AM on a weekday for work.

2) What amenities does it lack? There is a huge variety of brews and foods. Restrooms are plentiful. Seats are individual chair back, fold up seats. The radio broadcast can be heard in the restrooms and TVs are everywhere the field is not. The replay screens are behind the endzones instead of on top of the stadium. I can hear EVERYTHING the announcer says clearly.

If you've been to Baltimore, Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, it becomes pretty clear pretty quickly what FedEx is lacking. It was built on the cheap and about six years before most the technological breakthroughs that make modern stadiums worthwhile.

I know that the price went up for the parking pass, but did the cash lot parking go up to $35 as well. If so they better make a bus only lane so we can get out of there faster.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

a bus? yeah right.....

and even if I'm wrong, and there is a bus, you better have your fare money out....

I usually enjoy going to Skins games and here is why: I only go to two each year. With the money I save doing this I get great tickets really close upfront. This past season for example I went to the Chargers game and the Eagles game, and I was in row two, right near the 50 on the Skins sides both times.:) Unless I am tailgating w/ a bunch of friends, I take the metro b/c there is a stop real close to the stadium. I never had a problem w/ restrooms unless going during halftime. Food, beer, etc is overpriced, but that is expected at any stadium. I would love to go to the games all the time, but if the experience did not have any problems and everything was dirt cheap (or in this area even reasonably priced) I'd have to buy tickets now for the 2020 games. I look at it this way, the further away from the field you are, the more friends you need to bring (and maybe the more liquor you need to sneak in your flask)

I look at it this way, the further away from the field you are, the more friends you need to bring (and maybe the more liquor you need to sneak in your flask)

Don't sleep on the upper deck view. I sit on the 50 in row 13. I think its great and would be reluctant to give it up for all but a few lower level locations. Snyders box is directly beneath me, so my view is pretty close to his. I think the best seats in the whole stadium would be club level 50 yard line.

Look again. You must be mistaken, as nobody else has reported a lack of a tax on their invoice. Your invoice should be a total of just over $1400. For two seats for eight regular and two preseason games, this is substantially more than $64 per seat. This is because of the tax, which used to be included in the seat price. It is now added to the seat price. So in reality, the price for your seat is $70.40 per game, whereas last year it was only $59 per game. The price for your seats went up $11.40, not $5. This $11.40 increase is due solely to Snyder's price increase, and has nothing to do with taxes.

And don't forget the service fee.

And don't forget the F U fee of $50 that Snyder charges to all new ticket holders.

Archived