Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Hike Cost Of Tickets, Parking (merged)

@DCGoldPants

I wish there was something on the website where you could check your current # on the wait list and update your contact info.

I signed up for the wait list several years ago. But I can't even remember what contact info I used at the time. Since then I've moved at least 3X and changed my cell # 3X. After my first move I faxed the ticket office my new contact info but no one responded.

These are my thoughts and why I am seriously considering giving one of the 75,000+ on the WL a shot at my pair of tix...

1. Terrible value for the price I am paying. I am 24 rows up in the corner of the stadium. People 16 rows up at the 50 yard line are at the same price point.

2. Every year I call about upgrading my seat location and they tell me they can upgrade me if I join the tailgate club. Or they tell me to buy club seats.

3. The huge price hike is bad enough, but trying to hide the amount of the price increase by breaking out the tax is indefensible and sneaky.

4. A full 20% of the games are glorified practices (preseason football) - tickets that aren't even easy to give away.

5. If you're unlucky enough to be sitting near a bank of speakers like I am, during the TV timeouts, you are treated to a high-decibal barage of commercials from FedEx, ETrade Bank, etc. Can't we just enjoy a nice day at the stadium without consistantly being sold something? It's bad enough that FedEx looks like a Nascar vehicle with all the signs everywhere - can't we at least give our ears a break?

6. You know, it's ok to show a replay that may not go our way. If it's a call that shows the Redskins may have gotten hosed by the zebras, it's shown over and over during the challenge trying to work the crowd into a frenzy. If it favors the other team, nothing. We're all reasonable people. If there is a challenge, show the damn replay. If it goes against the Skins, we'll deal with it - we just want to see it. Everyone knows when they don't show the replay it probably won't be in the Redskins favor, so you might as well just show it.

7. Even the Nats in ancient RFK have gone Hi-Def - fix the jumbotron!

8. Having to invest 7 hours or more for a 3 hour game including negotiating in and out of the remote PG county location is getting more and more frustrating.

9. Between EBay, Craigslist, and friends/coworkers I bet I can get better seats for the games I want to go to (this won't include preseason) for a lot less than the $1400 I am being billed for.

10. Ever try to watch the last play of the first half, then try to go to the bathroom and grab a beer for the second half? You'll be lucky if you haven't missed three full possessions in the third quarter by the time you get back to your seats.

Try calling the ticket office (probably later this spring would be easier to get through).

They USED to send out post cards every year indicating your spot on the wait list, but with 200,000+ people of the list, I doubt they bother to do so.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/06/AR2006030601535.html

Redskins Hike Cost Of Tickets, Parking

By Thomas Heath

Washington Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, March 7, 2006; E06

The Washington Redskins will raise the price of lower-bowl general-admission seats 39 percent next season, and will increase the cost of parking in the 20,000 parking spaces at FedEx Field from $25 to $35, up 40 percent.

Redskins chief operating officer Mitch Gershman said yesterday that this is the team's first general-admission ticket price increase in four years and puts the franchise more in line with the other teams in the area.

"We were looking at the competitive landscape and the overall demand for season tickets for the Redskins and we felt that moving them in line was the smart thing to do," Gershman said. "Our lower-bowl seats are still priced at the same or below what other teams are charging, and we still think we have the most outstanding value for sports entertainment in the region."

The rest of the article can be view from the link above.

Yeah thanks for telling us....the only complaint I have is they send out the invoices for season tickets and don't give you a heads up that there is an increase. I got my bill and it is $700 more than it was last year. Obviously

I'm pissed, but hopefully they won't go up for another four years. Besides its all for a good cause...it's going to Sean Taylor's new legal team and the Randell El campaign... :laugh:

HTTR!

I'm pissed, but hopefully they won't go up for another four years. Besides its all for a good cause...it's going to Sean Taylor's new legal team and the Randell El campaign... :laugh:

HTTR!

I won't hold my breath waiting for a thank you card from Randle-El for the limo ride, dinner and $2500 courtside seat last night at the Wizards game. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seriously considering this http://www.infocus.com/Products/Projectors/SP5000.aspx and the best package DirecTv has to offer. It will still be cheaper than tickets (no parking pass), 10 hours (round trip) travel, and $7 beers. I want to keep the tickets in my name, but I am afraid I'm going to have to let them go. Does anyone want to buy my two tickets in section 448?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm hoping for a nice upgrade. I'm dreaming of an opportunity for the lower bowl.

Dream on, I think all the seats that come open in the lower bowl are packaged as tailgate club tickets and sold that way. In the time I've been on this site I've not heard of 1 upgrade to the lower bowl to unobstructed seats.

In the time I've been on this site I've not heard of 1 upgrade to the lower bowl to unobstructed seats.

I know of one person who made the move, assuming he would be stuck with obstructed view seats, and wound up with with good lower bowl seats. He must have been very lucky.

I know of one person who made the move, assuming he would be stuck with obstructed view seats, and wound up with with good lower bowl seats. He must have been very lucky.

If he did it the first year they offered the obstructed view seats you were allowed to upgrade out of those. Now when you buy the obstructed it is said upfront that you cannot upgrade in the lower bowl from those seats.

The only way I know of now to get into the lower bowl is the tailgate club.

Most of them only go to a game if tickets are given to them. Sometimes, even then, they are not interested. They have other things they'd rather do. And these people are supposedly Redskins fans.

Aside from cheap tickets to baseball games (which are still the best bargain in sports), I have not paid face value for any tickets to any sporting events in ten years. And I've been to pro football games in five stadiums - including seats in a luxury box. I've been to NCAA tourney games. I've been to hockey games and pro basketball games. I've been comped to tickets behind home plate at Fenway Park. I've been to a bunch of college football games.

I'm pretty sure I will be in Philly for TO's return.

Paying face value for sporting event tickets is absolute madness. Maybe I've been lucky. Still, I'm not exactly a star in the corporate world and I've had no problem getting to any event I wanted to attend at a fraction of the cost...if any cost at all.

honestly i dont care. I'm not saying i have money to blow, but to me its still very much worth. I guess i can consider it my contribution towards having better players, coaches, and facilities

Ihear you and agree. I'm lucky that I, most importantly have a wife, that supports my choice of spending my own money on season tickets. Some folks can afford it but the wifey wont let them. But yeah I hear you because there is a choice between the Excalade 07 and Redskin tickets.

And my season tickets win out every year....the chance to see , in person, a Redskin during pre game warm up for 10 games a year is priceless-- literally priceless. I mean hitting the lottery for 340 million dollars could never take the place of my season tickets. Uh, uh I'll sit behind this comfy desk and monitor, from 7am-3pm, for the next 30 years retire and then die taking my grand children to Redskin games. But 340 mil naaahh... Keep it!

Dream on, I think all the seats that come open in the lower bowl are packaged as tailgate club tickets and sold that way. In the time I've been on this site I've not heard of 1 upgrade to the lower bowl to unobstructed seats.

Thats how my friend Brien got season tickets .... Put his name on the waiting list ... then signed up for the tailgate club, paid the initiation fee, blah blah blah ... and tickets magially appeared for him.

He's is section 109 (I think) ... right by the Redskins tunnel.

Well, I just got back from the stadium, and the damn line goes from the pay window, across the foyer to the far wall, then does a U turn and comes back towards the door, then heads out the door and goes half way to the curb outside. I got back in my car and went home. I'll pay them next week.

I'd much rather watch the majority of games on TV and then find some tickets to go to a game or two a year.

I do both, I record them and watch em when I get home :)

To me its a cost thing. If I had to buy dream seats to go I would probably watch at home, a bit out of my budget, club seats would make it a tough decision, regular seats, its a no brainer for me anyway. Its well worth that price for the good times I have.

Well, I just got back from the stadium, and the damn line goes from the pay window, across the foyer to the far wall, then does a U turn and comes back towards the door, then heads out the door and goes half way to the curb outside. I got back in my car and went home. I'll pay them next week.

Hi Mark.....aren't you afraid that you'll lose your tickets? :(

Hi Mark.....aren't you afraid that you'll lose your tickets? :(

Hi, I've paid late in the past. One year I didn't pay until June, although I wouldn't recommend waiting that long. The Redskins called me several times. Also, I own a small business, and 20-25% of my customers pay late. That's probably about accurate everywhere, except for credit cards and mortgages.

Anyway, I'll drive out there again on Tuesday and pay both my accounts in full.

Archived