Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Hike Cost Of Tickets, Parking (merged)

@DCGoldPants

ill still pay for the tickets, i may end up being a bitter, old man and never get married, but I will still have my redskins season tickets :laugh:

still did not recieve my invoice today, i guess it will be tmrw or end of the week, anybody else in the same boat?

psu.....I haven't got mine for my upper bowl tickets yet.

I think the lower bowl folks have gotten theirs first.

That may be true in gross sales, but what is the net? Just imagine the expense of operating FedEx Field for 10 games. Things like electricity,

workers, security, maintenance, and etc.

I didn't let the increase in gas prices stop me from going ( 3 hr drive one-way), so this won't stop me either.

The thing is, the Redskins were making money before the price increase. Therefore, the price increase (up to 40% on almost half the seats), for the most part, goes straight to the bottom line.

Regarding gas prices, did you notice last month that Exxon Corporation posted the largest quarterly profits of any corporation in US history? But that's okay right? Hey, inflation. Katrina. It's not their fault. Demand is there, right? Let them charge whatever they want. It's just business. They should charge $5 a gallon. Demand is there. So that makes it okay. Right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/30/business/30cnd-exxon.html?ex=1296277200&en=8cc83a774025962b&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

I will not move......so if the Skins said "sorry an upper bowl patron wants your seats, we'll move you back to row 27 and put you in the endzone instead of the 20, for the same affordable price you are paying" that would be it for me as well.

I'm here to stay in 403!!!!!!!

That won't happen. I just got my invoice today, (section 431 same seats).

The invoice states something to the affect that the ticket office will work with the ticket-holders as best they can, (I don't have the invoice in front of me)

They're probably figuring that some folks won't, or can't, renew. They'll probably upgrade present lower bowl folks into better seats than they currently have. Then they fill those up with a few lucky upper-bowl ticket holders :rolleyes: .

After that, then they look to upgrade current ticket holders in the upper-bowl. After that's done, they fill in what's left with with people off of the waiting list.

The above scenario is just an "educated" guess...please take it for what it's worth, (which probably ain't much)

The thing is, the Redskins were making money before the price increase. Therefore, the price increase (up to 40% on almost half the seats), for the most part, goes straight to the bottom line.

Regarding gas prices, did you notice last month that Exxon Corporation posted the largest quarterly profits of any corporation in US history? But that's okay right? Hey, inflation. Katrina. It's not their fault. Demand is there, right? Let them charge whatever they want. It's just business. They should charge $5 a gallon. Demand is there. So that makes it okay. Right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/30/business/30cnd-exxon.html?ex=1296277200&en=8cc83a774025962b&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

:doh:

Now you're just being asinine. Since you seem to have all the answers as to how to run a multi-billion dollar business, why don't you explain to the rest of the class how we can solve our fluxuating ( & often rising) gas prices AS WELL AS the ticket prices at FedEx Field.

Wonder if people would be as upset if the Skins had just decided to raise prices by $5 per year instead of in one fell swoop. To go from $79 to $109 (for the lower bowl seats) in one year does raise eyebrows, although I think going to the Skins is still a relative bargain compared to some other sports. I do hope the raised parking fee will prompt more people to consider taking Metro.

I never noticed but do they let somebody drop somebody off. I never noticed it before.

Either last year or the year before someone tried to drop 2 of their 4 seats and the Skins took all 4 seats from them. Last I heard they were working with the Team to try and get some tickets back. (probably in the End Zone/Upper Deck/last row)

still did not recieve my invoice today, i guess it will be tmrw or end of the week, anybody else in the same boat?

Sec.425 - Haven't got mine yet either. I sent a letter in January asking for an upgrade. I think that's going under the heading, "Be careful what you ask for". :rolleyes:

I AM SO PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE A REDSKINS TATTOO!! I HAVE A ROOM FULL OF REDSKINS FRAMED PICTURES, MAGAZINES, FOOTBALLS, ETC. I HAVE A SORE THROAT PRACTICALLY EVERY MONDAY AFTER A GAME. ASK ANYBODY THAT KNOWS ME WHAT MY PASSION IS AND THEY'LL TELL YOU IT'S THE REDSKINS.

but......

I think Danny Boy has finally pushed me out. I am a die hard fan but I'm not an f'ing sucker.

How can a middle class family afford this?

I've got three kids and live in a nice house in one of the richest counties in the country but enough's enough. I've have been lucky enough to have 5th row lower bowl end zone seats that I started paying for years ago that I inherited from my old man who had had them since 1969.

Throw out the 2 preseason games because let's me honest, they're a joke. (they used to be an option to purchase)

Divide the total ticket cost + parking between the remaining 8 games and I'm looking at over $300.00 per game for the pair at FACE VALUE!!! Throw in gas, tailgate expenses and/or food in the stadium and it's a $400.00 day for two.

And say I DO decide to keep the tickets, I'll certainly need to sell off a number of games to be able to make it work. Which games fetch the highest price? hmmm. Nobody can sit here and tell me this isn't hurting the stadium experience because it just is. Have fun sitting next to bunch of chowder heads that don't know squat about the Skins or opposing team fans that pony up for one game a year. Too many people now only go to games when they are GIVEN tickets from a friend of a friend who's company owns seats. The whole friggin lower bowl will now be one big "club level".

I wanted to be able to take my kids to games as they grow older but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

PM me if you can write me a check for $2500 and some change (due in full by the end of the month) for the tickets and parking (face value)and I'll consider a deal.

Daniel has gone crazy.

This is bs im not paying any more for him.

he already makes the most in the league. Enough is enough. Im gonna watch at home. Free food.Bathroom.No need to sit in traffic for hours. No need to hear drunks and stupid fights. Ive had enough.

I bought season tix last year. Im done. THis is absurd.

BOYCOTT. lol

I never noticed but do they let somebody drop somebody off. I never noticed it before.

I had 6 tickets spurrier's last year here and shared them w/ a friend. The following year they did not want them. I was eventually able to drop 4 of them after a few calls to the ticket office.

Fox 5 news at ten noted the increase in the lower bowl and parking.

Also noted the drop in obstructed view seats.

No mention of increases in the upper bowl however.......I'm starting to think the upper bowl will be increased more so b/c of a tax increase (this is why the Skins are showing the tax in the invoice this time) and not by the Redskins themselves........

Your thoughts (on the upper bowl only)?

Okay, some hard facts from the Upper Bowl.

The invoice for a seat in the first 15 rows (and, of course, I am in row 15!) is for $790 per seat, per season, now *before* tax. That is $10 more per seat per game. Tax is now an additional item of $79 per seat, per season, or $7.90 per game.

So, a $69 ticket has gone up to $86.90 per game, for an increase of $17.90, or 26%. :yikes:

Parking in the Red lot has increased $10 per game, or $100 per season, per pass.

For those of you who are curious, the total bill for 4 seats and 2 parking passes: $4,190, or $419 per game, or $104.75 per seat per game. :ahhhhh:

As I said, this is going to take some thought. And the invoice is due March 31!

What really irritates me about this, is the fact that the Redskins are doing this (in their words) to be competitive.......wha!!!!

Just b/c the Wizards raise tickets, does that mean you do the same.

Walmart cuts prices......when the Skins go 6-10 should we then get our ticket prices cut b/c the Skins failed to produce??????

C'Mon!!!!!!

My list isnt wrong.. the column you chose was different than the column i chose... that is all...

Mine included tickets for four a couple beers/program/parking tickets/etc...

The other was just a ticket... When was the last time someone (just bought a single ticket and magically appeared at the game well fed and drunk with a hat and a program from home ;) )

Well, that pretty much describes me. I buy nothing at the stadium. I tailgate before and after the game eating and drinking much better food and drink at MUCH lower prices.

If food/drink prices go up also, a lot more people will just stop buying. After all, fans go for the game (although a few on here seem to pay more attention to the mini-tron and music than the game).

Sorry, I had to comment on this. The reason that the oil companies are making money is due to the unrest in many of the oil producing countries. The price is driven higher due to the OPEC nations not supplying enough oil for the world to consume. The Exxons of the world are tapping deeper and deeper into their global resources due to the low supply created from many of the OPEC countries. Not to mention the options are trading at record highs due to the unrest in Venezuala and Iraq. If it weren't for Exxon and some other companies, we might not have enough gas to go around. Think about that. Do you want to wait in lines like the seventies again. Not me. Let them make their billions. It is mostly at the expense of other oil companies that regulate the supply.

As far as ticket prices, it sucks. I am going to consider purchasing a suite at the new Cowboy stadium when it is complete, but I know it may give me and my small business sticker shock. I don't know where the survey got the price for parking at texas stadium, but it is $400/year for a blue parking pass.

:doh:

Now you're just being asinine. Since you seem to have all the answers as to how to run a multi-billion dollar business, why don't you explain to the rest of the class how we can solve our fluxuating ( & often rising) gas prices AS WELL AS the ticket prices at FedEx Field.

If you want to respond, why not attack the specifics of my post? Why do you have to attack me personally?

Archived