Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Hike Cost Of Tickets, Parking (merged)

@DCGoldPants

Not to be greedy but........

I hope the fallout takes place in the 14 rows infront of me. I would LOVE to have 1st row upperdeck. :fingersx:

Well, take a guy who's in the lower level. He paid $79 last year. This year he has to pay $109. OR, he could move upstairs and pay $87. That is a somewhat reasonable price increase of ten percent. If I was a lower level ticket holder on a budget, that's what I'd do.

1997: 5th 52.92

1998: 1st 62.07

1999: 1st 62.07

2000: 1st 81.89

2001: 1st 64.08

2002: 2nd 76.19 Hot dogs jump up :) (parking also)

2003: 2nd 75.33

2004: 2nd 68.12 Hot dogs jump again

2005: 2nd 67.53 Beer#1, Soda#1, Dog#1 prices...

2006: 1st/2nd Parking matching only New England?

QUOTE]

Your list is wrong. The first figure is the average ticket price, and if you look again you'll see the Skins were not 2nd in 2005, they were sixth behind

New England

New York Giants

New York Jets

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

Redskins

For those who think regular season tickets can't be purchased below cost, I bought a pair of tickets for $40 2 separate times last year towards the beginning of the season from a scalper in the parking lot. You just have to wait until about kickoff. There is always the threat of them being counterfeit, but I have never had a problem... <knocks on wood>

1997: 5th 52.92

1998: 1st 62.07

1999: 1st 62.07

2000: 1st 81.89

2001: 1st 64.08

2002: 2nd 76.19 Hot dogs jump up :) (parking also)

2003: 2nd 75.33

2004: 2nd 68.12 Hot dogs jump again

2005: 2nd 67.53 Beer#1, Soda#1, Dog#1 prices...

2006: 1st/2nd Parking matching only New England?

QUOTE]

Your list is wrong. The first figure is the average ticket price, and if you look again you'll see the Skins were not 2nd in 2005, they were sixth behind

New England

New York Giants

New York Jets

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

Redskins

But in 2005, the "average ticket price" included obstructed view seats that were only $49 each, which brought the entire stadium average down. This makes the Redskins average prices seem artificially low. I strongly suspect other teams don't have nearly the number of obstructed seats that Snyder sells.

I can't believe some people support this outrageous ticket increase........ I feel like I got kicked in the nuts with steel shoes.

I don't care how well the team does next year, all of us with tickets can look forward to seeing even more empty seats at games......

Jwebst1, yep gotta agree with that and those seats will be filled......by Giants, Eagles, Cowboys and any other opponent who doesn't mind paying that much for 1 game (where we have to do that for 8 reg. season games and 2 worthless pre-season games). This is my and fellow 403er jwebst1 biggest pet-peeve at FedEx......empty seats!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, to ESers out there this is more bad news.....myself and others gave tickets to fellow ESers for free (I've done it on 4-5 seperate occasions and also invited a ESer to be my guest at a game as well.....again at no charge to them), so that fans who haven't seen the Skins live get to see how great it is seeing the Skins at FedEx with 80-90,000 fellow Skins fans.

Sadly, I will not be doing this anymore......I got bills to pay (one being my season tickets :mad: ).

I thank the Redskins for not rasing prices for 4 years, but when you increase prices by 40% isn't it just 10% a year increase over the past 4 years??

So there's not much for the FO to be bragging about.

And I wonder had it been another 8-8 year or worse would tickets had been increased? One glimmer of hope year with future potential and we get a 40% increase??? Well I'll do what everybody else is, complain on ES and pay the invoice.......I'm not giving up my tickets as long as I can still afford them I suppose.

Sucks to be a Redskins fan and a Wizards fan right now (you 'Zards ticket holders really got screwed as well).

Think Redskins fans got it bad? Check out this little snippet from PFT about the Saints price jump:

Although Saints owner Tom Benson declared not that long ago that the Saints are in New Orleans to stay (at least for the next few years), his brand-new ticket pricing plan for the 2006 season is bound to raise concerns that he's trying to ensure that the Saints fail financially in their return to the Bayou, so that he then can move the club to San Antonio or Los Angeles.

According to The New Orleans Times-Picayune, the Saints have increased prices on some seats from $79 to $150. Others jumped from $130 to $175.

$79 to $150? :yikes:

Here's to Jack Kent Cooke and the good ole' days gone by...

that crazy, i dont think its right for them to do this again and again every year.... the wizards also pumped up there lowers....wizard courtside are 775 dollars per seat per game... season tix on that is like 150k a year...

~jake

I haven't seen it mentioned yet...

But I heard on the radio that these new price hikes were related to the new collective-bargain agreement (CBA) and its associated revenue sharing.

The Redskins have apparently made the decision to support the new CBA, which means they will be giving up millions in local revenue to other teams in smaller markets. Thus, these price hikes are intended to help offset that lost revenue, allowing Snyder to support the new CBA without hurting our ability to sign players.

I'm actually with you. I'd rather spend the money on home entertainment which I can use 365 days a year versus tickets' date=' which I can use 8 times.[/quote']

Yeah, as much fun as going to the games is, its only 8 a year, and for that type of money, I just don't think its worth it. Invest in your own home theatre. You can use that all year long. Movies, sports, dvd's, whatever, all at your fingertips.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/06/AR2006030601535.html

Redskins Hike Cost Of Tickets, Parking

By Thomas Heath

Washington Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, March 7, 2006; E06

The Washington Redskins will raise the price of lower-bowl general-admission seats 39 percent next season, and will increase the cost of parking in the 20,000 parking spaces at FedEx Field from $25 to $35, up 40 percent.

Redskins chief operating officer Mitch Gershman said yesterday that this is the team's first general-admission ticket price increase in four years and puts the franchise more in line with the other teams in the area.

"We were looking at the competitive landscape and the overall demand for season tickets for the Redskins and we felt that moving them in line was the smart thing to do," Gershman said. "Our lower-bowl seats are still priced at the same or below what other teams are charging, and we still think we have the most outstanding value for sports entertainment in the region."

The rest of the article can be view from the link above.

Shocker...man, I hate parking there.

Yeah, as much fun as going to the games is, its only 8 a year, and for that type of money, I just don't think its worth it. Invest in your own home theatre. You can use that all year long. Movies, sports, dvd's, whatever, all at your fingertips.

wow. i just opened my invoice. i dont know if i can justify spending this much for 8 games.

In this current environment' date=' it makes perfect business sense.

What I don't understand is why this environment exists still. I mostly stopped going to the movies because I get a better experience at home watching DVDs. I've been to FedEx Field and found it be a painful experience. I have more fun watching on a big screen from a comfortable chair with cheaper, better food.

I wonder if other fans aren't getting closer to my mindset.[/quote']

Exactly. I don't live in the area, but I have been to numerous games and all I can say is that I'm not paying $100 a ticket to see ANYBODY.

Home theater and tivo are the ONLY way to go.

Your inside, the weather is beautiful, the food is better and the beer is cheaper, you've got the best seat in the house and you can take a restroom break and not be gone for 30 minutes. And the best part is you can drink like a fish and not have to worry about driving home.:cheers:

Hail!:point2sky

I'd stay home too if I lived in Iowa

Exactly. I don't live in the area, but I have been to numerous games and all I can say is that I'm not paying $100 a ticket to see ANYBODY.

Your inside, the weather is beautiful, the food is better and the beer is cheaper, you've got the best seat in the house and you can take a restroom break and not be gone for 30 minutes. And the best part is you can drink like a fish and not have to worry about driving home.:cheers:

you get to a certain point in your life and treat yourself to season tickets but i dont know...

bad enough i had to join the tailgate club to avoid a 20 year wait.

i will sleep on this decision until the deadline but if i had to choose today, thanks for the memories, 2006 was a great experience.

True, but you miss somethings.....the fans, the tailgating (if you do that), the band, the cheerleaders, the lack of annoying game announcers (Most of the tv game announcers get annoying and WJFK is usually out of sync with the tv), shouting down opposing team fans (2005 was great alone for seeing the NFCE opponents stand there, arms folded and dead-silent).

The trip there and back for me is a pain (2.5 hours each way) and I'd probably could find better things to do with my Sundays, but right now I enjoy it a great deal and will continue to do so until I grow weary of it.

Oh yeah.......by being there, you are a real part of being the 12th Man.....it does feel that you help by yelling at the game, instead of yelling at the TV at the refs or telling Madden to shut up about kissing Favre or the Cowboys butts every play.

The Bears and even the Seahawks games, we the fans DID impact the results of the game thanks to crowd noise......so that's why I go, to be a part of that 12th man atmosphere as well.

you get to a certain point in your life and treat yourself to season tickets but i dont know...

bad enough i had to join the tailgate club to avoid a 20 year wait.

i will sleep on this decision until the deadline but if i had to choose today, thanks for the memories, 2006 was a great experience.

I can see what your saying with having to pay the tailgate club plus the lower level increase. I'm lucky, I'm on the 50 yard line upper deck down pretty low. So I will be sending mine in promptly. Should be a little over 1700.00 for 2 seats. I still feel thats not outragous for the fun i have at the games. Like you said its my yearly treat.

Just wish I could get my hands on a green parking pass. If any of you guys find it to much to pay this year let me know. I'll take them off your hands. I'll even pay 450.00 for a season green.

Archived