Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much would you spend for an engagement ring?

gortiz

I'm just curious, of course if your rich a 10k ring will not be as big as deal as it would be to the average joe, but it is still a lot in anyone's book for a ring.

Is it me, or do people go crazy when it comes to wedding rings? Or am I the one that is crazy. I've been married 7 years, and I spent a grand total of 400 bucks on my wifes and my ring. :silly:

Also, would it bug you if your finance knew exaclty what kind of ring she wanted? And then told you . . . How about if she wanted to go shopping for it with you? :doh: Your thoughts. I work with a lot of women and their views/attitudes/expectations of wedding rings is quite disturbing. I never really got the other side of it. . .

$3,000@the most. 1500-2000 preferred. i don't think it should be cheap but nothing so expensive you will cry when you lose it.

yeah, that sounds almost right, god, that still sounds like alot. I would rather get a jacuzzi, jet ski, motor cycle, or trip to australia for that . . .

. . .your last sentenced was very funny by the way.

I'm just curious, of course if your rich a 10k ring will not be as big as deal as it would be to the average joe, but it is still a lot in anyone's book for a ring.

Is it me, or do people go crazy when it comes to wedding rings? Or am I the one that is crazy. I've been married 7 years, and I spent a grand total of 400 bucks on my wifes and my ring. :silly:

Also, would it bug you if your finance knew exaclty what kind of ring she wanted? And then told you . . . How about if she wanted to go shopping for it with you? :doh: Your thoughts. I work with a lot of women and their views/attitudes/expectations of wedding rings is quite disturbing. I never really got the other side of it. . .

Right there with ya...spent 500 bucks on rings. (Pretty poor at the time) I wouldnt change it thought. It seems a lot of women forget what the rings represent and are more about showing it off to their friends. Kinda the female equivalent of "my **** is bigger than yours"!

Not so much that puts you in a bad financial position. Starting a marriage by going into a negative cash position is probably a bad idea. Also it would be better to have enough to survive the loss of employment or buy a house then buy a bigger rock.

Other then that - whatever you feel is the right amount.

How much does an onion ring from Burger King cost?

Kidding aside, when you propose it is going to be one of the most important moments in your life and undoubtedly a moment she has dreamed about all of her life. Therefore you got to lay down the money and get a nice ring. I'd say at least one paychecks worth - probably two.

i thought the rule of thumb is one month worth of your salary? :whoknows: that seems pricey though

The jewelry store commercials are now pushing 2 months :doh:

My wifes engagement rings isn't large by anyones standard. I asked her if she wanted an upgrade now, she said no. Any upgrade wouldn't be the ring I bought to show my love for her.

I think if a woman thinks the ring isn't large enough, she's not worth marrying.

I don't know why, but I have seen some of my buddies spend ten grand on a ring and people still ask their fiancee if their ring is real. :doh:

I've seen alot of gaudy two and three carat rings in my days.

But, to answer your question my wife and I went shopping at numerous jewelry stores and she would give me a list of her favorite rings and rate them on a scale of 1-5. If you can afford it this makes it must easier.

My wife surprised me by picking out a $2500.00 ring when I expected her to go much more expensive. I learned alot about her that day.

I've seen alot of gaudy two and three carat rings in my days.

That's why you should really put the money into the quality of the stone, not the size. While a really nice 1.2 carat ring may not immediately have the visual appeal as some huge North Jersey housewife ring, it'll be a much, much prettier stone.

I would spend about $8,000 to $9,000 for a good A/B clarity 1-1.5 carats...

if the gal is worth marrying, she is worth a nice diamond. it is not like it loses its value :cool:

and I hate it when women shop for the engagement ring. it is supposed to be a SURPRISE.

hopefully you will know each other well enough that you know the type she wants. then just take another of her rings to get the sizing.

its weird man, I just dont' think it should be a big deal. I think people put more time into thinking about a ring and not enough time thinking about what will this guy/gal be like in 10 years? Or does he/she want kids? Or what kind of mother/father they will be. If you ask me a costly diamond ring is the epidimity of materialism.

Also, I'm sure not many people think about this, and I'm sure even more people don't care, but you ever wonder where diamonds come from? Its pretty sad. Do a little research on the trade and the atrocities linked to "conflict diamonds." The miners are usually children and are treated worse than animals.

Archived