Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Communists

36SKINS56

Suspend my account if you want...but I am tired of my threads being closed. I started a thread earlier today when I heard about Portis restructuring and my thread was closed becuase everyone said it wasnt happening, yet stupid threads started by people with thousands of posts (bubbas dumb thread about chicken little) remains open. I hate to say this...well actually I dont...TOLD YOU SO. This is moronic. I tried to break the story and the thread was closed after 10 posts. I love ES and visit at least 25 times a day, and love everyones threads and posts that add valid input to the greatest team of all time, but the heads of this site need to realize that you dont need 20,000 posts to have a valid topic. My thread was dismissed quickly even though I had heard from sources that the Portis restructuring was already happening. Now suddenly its the hot topic on the site. Well apparently I will have to hang out in tailgate after my account comes back from suspension, so I can submit thousands of nonsensicle comments until my posts are high enough for people to take me seriously. One more time. TOLD YOU SO :mad:

But as for Portis restructuring. God I love this team. Gibbs is really restoring a great attitude to our franchise,...I wish the same attitude was shared by the people at ES

Suspend my account if you want...but I am tired of my threads being closed. I started a thread earlier today when I heard about Portis restructuring and my thread was closed becuase everyone said it wasnt happening, yet stupid threads started by people with thousands of posts (bubbas dumb thread about chicken little) remains open. I hate to say this...well actually I dont...TOLD YOU SO. This is moronic. I tried to break the story and the thread was closed after 10 posts. I love ES and visit at least 25 times a day, and love everyones threads and posts that add valid input to the greatest team of all time, but the heads of this site need to realize that you dont need 20,000 posts to have a valid topic. My thread was dismissed quickly even though I had heard from sources that the Portis restructuring was already happening. Now suddenly its the hot topic on the site. Well apparently I will have to hang out in tailgate after my account comes back from suspension, so I can submit thousands of nonsensicle comments until my posts are high enough for people to take me seriously. One more time. TOLD YOU SO :mad:

But as for Portis restructuring. God I love this team. Gibbs is really restoring a great attitude to our franchise,...I wish the same attitude was shared by the people at ES

how old r u dude? seriously grow up? maybe the reason ur thread is being closed, because it is getting merged or u dont provide the link and resource where u got it from. Gotcha. WE are serious about redskins news here and dont like to be **** with.

I understand your frustrations 3656, but it's the society we live in. :)

The veterans on this board as well as any other message board tend to get respect because they've earned it.

Just bite your tongue and don't worry about tooting your own horn. Grow with the board.

Guest ComebackKing

I don't start threads anymore actually because I know they already are posted. These boards have so many people it's just crazy.

That doesn't sound like Communism to me. Communism is a theory about wealth distribution. If anything, the distribution of power by seniority (post count) around here is almost capitalistic.

You could maybe make the case that Extremeskins is totalitarian because the mods have total control. Or perhaps its an oligarchy (rule by a select few).

While I have never run into this problem I did have a real big problem with how the lords of Extremeskins.com acted after the Tampa Bay victory at Redskins Park. It is really sad that when you take a picture of your stupid ES banner you didn't include anyone that wasn't part of ES. Skins fans were trying to get in the picture and were told that you aren't part of ES so get out of our picture.

I'm not sure what occured in your particular situation, but are you sure your threads were actually 'closed'....a lot of times (particularly when we're in full rabid-mode here, such as at the present time) repetitive or redundant threads get merged into larger ones.

Not saying thats what happened here, but many times it does and folks assume their threads were deleted (which we never do) or closed. If, in fact, your thread was new, contained breaking news, and turned out to be factual, and someone closed it anyway, we probably owe you an apology. Whatever was done though, I doubt seriously it was intended as a personal slam.

Calm down. When you post items like that, they are looking for sources, links. Saying I heard something, happens all the time. Mods are just trying to trim down the amount of crap posts and sometimes, even though they are valid, are trimmed down also.

The offseason is prime time on the forums. So, instead of getting heated just try to look at it from a mods point of view. Just remember to post a link in your topics for breaking news.

read the rules, you'll know why it was closed

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted. If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few hours old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. Multiple topics will be closed or merged. This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, if the news is older than a few hours, the information has already posted and is subject of active debate. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in the existing thread.

Actually, you dope, it was closed because YOU wrote the following:

I couldnt find a thread already started on this, but I'm sure there has to be one by now...if so, please direct me to it, and you can shut this one down. Thanks

We told you it was already here and shut it down, by YOUR request. And we're to blame because you're an idiot?

I think we need to give constructive critcism to the newcomers instead of the constant posting of the :doh: :finger: :cry: etc. If nothing else guide them to the rules section.

I absolutely agree. Its a lot easier to mock, slam, etc...than to take someone under your wing. Nice sentiment King.

That doesn't sound like Communism to me. Communism is a theory about wealth distribution. If anything, the distribution of power by seniority (post count) around here is almost capitalistic.

You could maybe make the case that Extremeskins is totalitarian because the mods have total control. Or perhaps its an oligarchy (rule by a select few).

Well stated...:applause:

It seems simple..From what I have seen.The people that have more posts and have been on here longer get more privliges..When im here for 3 years or get 40,000 posts lets see if I get any privleges.;):)

Look - its true of anything you do in life - get used to it. Its not the post count that buys you any 'privilege', its that you've demonstrated you understand the community here, what the boards about, have shown you intend to at least try to follow some basic guidelines, and have something to say. Its not a conspiracy - its just common sense that folks with a proven track record are going to tend to get more of a benefit of the doubt than new arrivals. We basically hold folks to the same standards for the most part. And in some cases, particularly when we think veterans have gone overboard in the Tailgate forum, we have been pretty harsh. Ask around.

Archived