Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Communists

36SKINS56

I absolutely agree. Its a lot easier to mock, slam, etc...than to take someone under your wing. Nice sentiment King.

You know as well as I do that there are plenty of good people on this board because we have actually met them in person. I don't want the reputation as a bunch of high falutin pansies and our tailgates indicate we're anything but that. Right "Bruce"? :D

Post #'s do not equal more leeway.

Do something moronic - get punished. More so on a board than in real life.

I know its hard to do, but check the first page or two before you start a new thread. That's the best advice I could give ya'.

And don't be so flippant to the Mods - this place is like crack to most of us - having it being taken away from you blows.

Look - its true of anything you do in life - get used to it. Its not the post count that buys you any 'privilege', its that you've demonstrated you understand the community here, what the boards about, have shown you intend to at least try to follow some basic guidelines, and have something to say. Its not a conspiracy - its just common sense that folks with a proven track record are going to tend to get more of a benefit of the doubt than new arrivals. We basically hold folks to the same standards for the most part. And in some cases, particularly when we think veterans have gone overboard in the Tailgate forum, we have been pretty harsh. Ask around.

But is it fair that some people get away with more..Or maybe get away with isn't the right word..Maybe thats to harsh but..

It seems simple..From what I have seen.The people that have more posts and have been on here longer get more privliges..When im here for 3 years or get 40,000 posts lets see if I get any privleges.;):)

nope you were black balled at our secret super cool preferred members meeting

:)

Actually, you dope, it was closed because YOU wrote the following:

We told you it was already here and shut it down, by YOUR request. And we're to blame because you're an idiot?

so after all of that...it was actually him who said to close it?!?! lol...........:laugh:

Look - its true of anything you do in life - get used to it. Its not the post count that buys you any 'privilege', its that you've demonstrated you understand the community here, what the boards about, have shown you intend to at least try to follow some basic guidelines, and have something to say. Its not a conspiracy - its just common sense that folks with a proven track record are going to tend to get more of a benefit of the doubt than new arrivals. We basically hold folks to the same standards for the most part. And in some cases, particularly when we think veterans have gone overboard in the Tailgate forum, we have been pretty harsh. Ask around.

Yep. When I first signed up here I tip toed into posting. I actually tried to learn the tendacies of certain posters.

Now it seems we have alot of people signing up and their first post is

Look at me fools!! I'm right, you're wrong.

Yep. When I first signed up here I tip toed into posting. I actually tried to learn the tendacies of certain posters.

Now it seems we have alot of people signing up and their first post is

Look at me fools!! I'm right, you're wrong.

Sorry to chime in but that was funny.

As an Eagles fan, I must admit that this site is one of if not the best sites for football talk online. I am a proud member of it and I will only add this to the topic,

Maybe when a person first signs up to be a member, they should receive a PM not only welcoming them to the site, but giving them a run down on the dos and don'ts as being a member. Have it set as a read-receipt so that way the member has acknowledged that they read it. If they send the receipt back, but doesn't honor the rules, then the Big Guys take action....

Just an idea, but that's what helped me as a mod on my hip hop forum 6 months ago......

To the starter of the thread,

when there is a big topic of discussion, on occasion multiple threads occur as ESers try to be first to break the news.......Mods on occasion MERGE these threads but as of late just close the threads to save time.

It can be annoying (especially if you feel that your topic is different from other similar threads or has something that many posters need to see), but if you asked for the thread to be closed, you got what you wanted.....so I don't get why you are so upset.

Now as for the Mods closing items......they are people too and if they feel that a topic is false, misleading, speculation, offensive, then they (the powers that be) feel that this is needed, then so be it.

I haven't always agreed by all the posts/moves/statements made by some Mods/Admins on this board......but I do feel that they are looking out for the board, its members and to prevent heated blow ups by various posters. They may have closed the thread for the main purpose of 1) other threads about said topic already exists 2) Posters were attacking you instead of your topic/issue.....by putting an end to the thread, end of potential nastiness on ES and 3) closed by your request.

If you're really offended by what a Mod is doing/did (and need clarification) PM that Mod. Or if you feel that the Mod is being unreasonable, PM OM or Die Hard or Blade and let them help......hopefully this will help frustrated posters in future matters.

Just an idea, but that's what helped me as a mod on my hip hop forum 6 months ago......

DO you still run this forum? If so you should provide a link. I am a big Hip-Hop fan.
It is actually a little known fact that this board isn't run by the mods. In actuality the mods just carry out Fidel Castro's commands.
Somehow, I knew it had to be Castro's fault.

Sorry to chime in but that was funny.

As an Eagles fan, I must admit that this site is one of if not the best sites for football talk online. I am a proud member of it and I will only add this to the topic,

Maybe when a person first signs up to be a member, they should receive a PM not only welcoming them to the site, but giving them a run down on the dos and don'ts as being a member. Have it set as a read-receipt so that way the member has acknowledged that they read it. If they send the receipt back, but doesn't honor the rules, then the Big Guys take action....

They send you an email when you sign up suggesting you to read the rules and follow them.

if that first part of your post is true, then you have every right to say "booya". but, can you honestly blame the mods? we get tons of incredibally useless threads a day, and they didn't stop to take a look at yours. i mean, i bet they wish they owuld have let your thread open, but its just one incident. you could have handled it in a more mature, 21-year old fashion by PMing a mod and discussing, but this is no way to handle.

But is it fair that some people get away with more..Or maybe get away with isn't the right word..Maybe thats to harsh but..

All I can tell you is that we never intentionally show favor one way or the other. There are different staff members, and just like you guys, we all have individual personalities....if theres a disparity, it may be nothing more than that. We try very very hard to consistently use the forum rules/guidelines in everything we do.

And the one thing most people don't know is that the perfect world for a staff member would be to sit back and watch the board go forward like a fine engine with no need to be tuned, kicked, or overhauled by any of us.

read the rules, you'll know why it was closed

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted. If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few hours old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. Multiple topics will be closed or merged. This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, if the news is older than a few hours, the information has already posted and is subject of active debate. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in the existing thread.

It was the first one...becuase it got 10 posts in the matter of a minute...none of them saying it had already been posted. Maybe I am B****ing, but there is definately favoritsm...I posted the thread when I heard it...about 4 hours before it broke. But as long as your post that had nothing to do with the Skins was up, people will kiss your *** becuase you were an original member

You know as well as I do that there are plenty of good people on this board because we have actually met them in person. I don't want the reputation as a bunch of high falutin pansies and our tailgates indicate we're anything but that. Right "Bruce"? :D

:allhail:

DO you still run this forum? If so you should provide a link. I am a big Hip-Hop fan.

Sorry bro.....it got closed down.....but if you like text battles and general hip hop.....try this site...

http://www.rapn4fx.com

My name is "Calvin Spencer".

Check it out though......

And King.....I forgot about that...it was so long ago, but thanks!

While I have never run into this problem I did have a real big problem with how the lords of Extremeskins.com acted after the Tampa Bay victory at Redskins Park. It is really sad that when you take a picture of your stupid ES banner you didn't include anyone that wasn't part of ES. Skins fans were trying to get in the picture and were told that you aren't part of ES so get out of our picture.

I was at the park that night. I wasn't with the banner the whole night, but I know I took some pics that had people in them that were not members of the site. I even had some business cards with the URL on them to give out to people who asked about Extremeskins.

Who told you "you aren't part of ES so get out of our picture." And where were you at in the park when the told you?

Archived