Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Legalizing Prostitution

smashmowf

The average time between infection and the development of detectable antibodies is 25 days.

http://www.thebody.com/cdc/rapidfaq.html

And can take as long as 6 months. The average for the standard test is 3 months.

Point being. Even with daily testing there are going to be a minimum of 25 days worth of "clients" that were exposed and a potential for 3-6 months worth.

No argument that it would be safer than unregulated, but I don't think it would be "safe".

And can take as long as 6 months. The average for the standard test is 3 months.

Point being. Even with daily testing there are going to be a minimum of 25 days worth of "clients" that were exposed and a potential for 3-6 months worth.

No argument that it would be safer than unregulated, but I don't think it would be "safe".

I'm not a physician, so I don't really know, but I'm guessing its probably not very easy to pass along HIV before its detectable in your blood stream. Europe seems to be doing pretty well with regulated prostitution.

Talk about something that would change society in a very bad way, this would do it.

Diseases would probably shoot up.

Marriages, and familys would shrink some.

Divorce would go up.

Prostitution would be common amoung misfit teenage girls who don't believe in themselves.

Even strong women would do it if the money was right.

- if you don't use protection, which is your own damn fault if you "forget"

-why? because it's true that what one woman won't another one will?

-Divorces are already up, and you're going to cheat on your spouse maybe they shouldn't have gotten married in the first place

-Either A: they don't respect themselves, or B: they messed up and got pregnant and now have a kid(s) to feed. Neither of these can be blamed on anyone but the teenage girls going out to be prostitutes. And legal or not, it's still happening.

- Truth be told, ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

All the scenarios you put out are understandable, but you have to admit, they are avoidable. People are going to make bad choices, so no matter the law, no matter the rules, karma will come back to get them. It always does, whether it be jail time or whatever, Karma comes back.

I'm not a physician, so I don't really know, but I'm guessing its probably not very easy to pass along HIV before its detectable in your blood stream. Europe seems to be doing pretty well with regulated prostitution.

Actually it is never HIV itself that is detectable in your bloodstream...it is the antibodies that your body produces to fight the virus. Your body may not realize it even has been infected, but that doesn't mean it hasn't. And I recognize that this is really a pretty minor point in the wole debate

In Turkey they had a compound: kinda like a giant strip mall with glass windows in a giant walled square with guards with uzi's....

There was the 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b with c's maybe also..??? It was like window shopping.. We got our taxi cab driver laid and he drove us around for the next 10 hours + 30 bucks...

Crimes wouldnt go down as assault is power based not sex based.

It would be cleaner and easier to get too...

They would complain about the womens feelings in the 5c window of ugliness though.

her feelings might be hurt.

See, there is where you're wrong. Most guys who rape do so out of a desire to have sex. The instinct to reproduce is one of our strongest, and we wouldn't be here without it.
What are you basing this off of? The accepted theory is that rape is NOT about the desire to have sex, that it is in fact about power.

Yeah........god forbid we actually live in a world where people have to think for themselves and are responsible for their own actions rather than having someone else tell you how to live your life..............

But this only works if the right to association is respected. Remember the thread about association? People who consider themselves on the right joined forces with others on the left. If I chose not to associate with you because of some actions you chose (like engaging in prostitution), are you going to scream to the government that I should be forced to associate with you?

What are you basing this off of? The accepted theory is that rape is NOT about the desire to have sex, that it is in fact about power.

I think what he is saying is even though we are a "civilized" creatures....it is still an animalistic instinct to have sex and reproduce.....look aninmals in the wild, the male often chases the female around tell her tongue is hanging out......I watched two pea****s at the zoo this weekend I'm tellin you after watching the male pea**** chase the female around and around for about 20 min...I GOT tired and left...

I am in NO WAY condoning any actions taken by any rapist at any time. I am just referencing animalistic behavior.

I think what he is saying is even though we are a "civilized" creatures....it is still an animalistic instinct to have sex and reproduce.....look aninmals in the wild, the male often chases the female around tell her tongue is hanging out......I watched two pea****s at the zoo this weekend I'm tellin you after watching the male pea**** chase the female around and around for about 20 min...I GOT tired and left...

I am in NO WAY condoning any actions taken by any rapist at any time. I am just referencing animalistic behavior.

That logic is solid - if we were trying to stop sexual assault among animals. Humans are not animals. If we were slaves to every biological urge this world would look very different. Humans beings are more at the mercy of their mind, particularly damaged minds, and social constructs then they are their primal instincts. This is why the majority of people aren't rapists or killers. Instincts are something we all share - deep seething hatred of women, is less common.

That logic is solid - if we were trying to stop sexual assault among animals. Humans are not animals. If we were slaves to every biological urge this world would look very different. Humans beings are more at the mercy of their mind, particularly damaged minds, then they are their primal instincts. This is why the majority of people aren't rapists or killers. Instincts are something we all share - deep seething hatred of women, is less common.

Human are not animals?.....oooo-kaaaaay........thats new news to me.

I think in some cases an individuals inability to control the animal instincts can lead to assault.....which leads back to if its available in a controled environment what are the possible outcomes.

That logic is solid - if we were trying to stop sexual assault among animals. Humans are not animals. If we were slaves to every biological urge this world would look very different. Humans beings are more at the mercy of their mind, particularly damaged minds, and social constructs then they are their primal instincts. This is why the majority of people aren't rapists or killers. Instincts are something we all share - deep seething hatred of women, is less common.

HAve you considered that perhaps empathy is a also an instinct come about through evolution and natural selection?

I don't buy that theory for a second. I know there are those who claim it to be true in the media, but I know its not accepted accross the board. There are a million other ways you can dominate someone. If sex isn't a compenent of rape then why does rape result in forced sex? Why not some other type of domination? To suggest that rape is absent of a sexual component is absurd.

See legalizing had such an earth shattering effect in Canada that Diehard didn't even know it was legal. It doesn't sound like its had a huge negative effect in canada.

I think back to my youth now... and all I can think about are missed opportunities :)

Archived