Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Hillary: Don't run.

hokie4redskins

Democrats are wising up, in Florida of all places.

http://www.tbo.com/news/opinion/editorials/MGBHY2DC3KE.html

Dear Hillary:

We'd like to welcome you to Tampa for your fundraiser today, and thank you for your long service to our country and your party.

We expect that after your re-election this fall as junior senator from New York, you will dedicate yourself to seeking a higher office. But you're a pragmatist, Hillary, so we urge you to be satisfied with the Senate.........

You know what people beefs about hillary running. They think that Clinton is going to influence her decisions. I do not think that is true, I think she will make a good President.

I hope Clinton does influence her. He can't give worst advice than Bush Sr. Who do you think is influencing Bush...maybe he's just under the influence all together. :cheers:

I'm half expecting you to fill up this thread with pictures of you and said candidates from when you hung out with them a few weeks ago :silly:

Oh, yeah! I forgot to post the pics of me hanging out with Condi at the Super Bowl. Did you know she's dating Gene Washington, director of operations with the NFL? He's the one who reads all the names on the second day of the draft when Tagiabue doesn't do it anymore.

In 2008, we'll have spent 28 years with just two lineages of president.

Regan, His vice, his vice's son.

Clinton.

So, if Clinton's wife wins then it will be 32 years with only two lineages of president. This seems wrong to me. But I don't care, I probably won't vote, and I'll probably hate whoever's in office.

I hope Clinton does influence her. He can't give worst advice than Bush Sr. Who do you think is influencing Bush...maybe he's just under the influence all together. :cheers:

Honestly if Bush Sr was advising his son, we wouldn't have invaded Iraq. Bush Sr. knew what would happen, he released a memo about it when he was Pres.

As for Hillary, no, she doesn't need to run, in fact I hope she loses NY altogether. She has done NOTHING for us here, and only shows her ugly mug when she ABSOLUTELY has to, when her numbers start falling.

The article makes a good point about a crippled democratic party leaving the repubs complacent. But man, the dems are on the verge of extinction. That may be too hard to resist.

As a lifelong Republican, I tell you with a straight face that it's not a good thing for the Republican party not to be challenged by a competitive Democrat party. The tension/competition between the two parties is what provides stability, not the success of one and the failure of the other.

The other thing to remember is that the Republicans looked as disorganized and lost as anyone in 1992, and turned it around big time. I wouldn't start carving grave stones just yet.

God, this country cant produce ONE leader that actually inspires people? Every 4 years we all just have to decide who is the lesser of 2 evils.

Eh, I tried out cynicism for awhile. It doesn't work for me. :)

The beauty of this country is that it doesn't rely on great, inspirational leaders to function properly. Great men (and women) who arrive at the right place and right time are very rare in any society. The US is capable weathering these leadership gaps better than any nation in the history of the world.

I vote in every election. Even if the guy I voted for turns out to be a dud, at least he should know that I (and my fellow citizens) won't be voting for him again in a few years if he doesn't do his job.

Eh, I tried out cynicism for awhile. It doesn't work for me. :)

The beauty of this country is that it doesn't rely on great, inspirational leaders to function properly. Great men (and women) who arrive at the right place and right time are very rare in any society. The US is capable weathering these leadership gaps better than any nation in the history of the world.

I vote in every election. Even if the guy I voted for turns out to be a dud, at least he should know that I (and my fellow citizens) won't be voting for him again in a few years if he doesn't do his job.

I agree. If you want a "great leader" find a dictatorship to root for. The "gridlock" that everyone laments in this country is actually stability that comes from no one party having all the power. It's a healthy thing.

And better yet, in times of crisis we do seem to find the best people to lead us. Washington, Lincoln, Roosevelt, etc. It's happened too many times to be coincidence.

As a lifelong Republican, I tell you with a straight face that it's not a good thing for the Republican party not to be challenged by a competitive Democrat party. The tension/competition between the two parties is what provides stability, not the success of one and the failure of the other.

The other thing to remember is that the Republicans looked as disorganized and lost as anyone in 1992, and turned it around big time. I wouldn't start carving grave stones just yet.

Exactly right. All the people cheering the supposed self-destruction of the Democratic party are being extremely short-sighted. Only a fool would want one dominant party to run unchallenged, no matter what their stated policy is.

As long as we live in a democratic society there will always be conservatives and liberals. And they should both have a voice.

Archived