Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Gibran Hamden is better than Jason Campbell
Yup, its Hamden is on Buffalo. Ramsey coming in for Tennessee soon too. haha.

I just checked him out and he does look sharp.

However, if he was better than JC, he should have been able to beat out Trent Edwards.

DC United is getting owned by that team from Madrid.

At least it's not the Skins getting beat down at FedEX this time :)

I was at the game and United played very well in the 1st half.

Real Madrid is like the Yankees of European soccer. They pay big money for some of the world's top players (Casillas, Kaka, Ronaldo, etc) and they have the most championships in the history of La Liga. So if anyone is suprised that Madrid beat an MLS team, then they obviously know nothing about soccer. I'm pissed at United's play in the 2nd half, but how mad can I really be when I just got to go to a soccer game in DC with more than 70,000 other soccer fans????

There is no denying that European soccer > American soccer, and as a whole it will be that way for a while. However, this summer has been absolutely awesome for soccer in the US. Between World Cup qualifying, Confederations Cup (not in the US, but perhaps you guys heard we beat Spain in that one?), the World Football Challenge, Gold Cup, and MLS/European club friendlies, US soccer fans have been in heaven the last few months. And I can't ****ing wait until South Africa 2010!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're town is experiencing a drought, invite the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series to town, and your problem will be solved.

The rains that hit Watkins Glen came through here a short time ago. Wicked stuff.

Watkins Glen is getting hammered again as I type this and those storms will be here in a few hours. Kaboomie!

On NBC, right? I only caught the end of it :(

Yep. Some interesting stories to say the least. One of my ex employers was there and his stories pretty much go along with what they showed. One crazy,but good time.

Driving home on a "back country road"-a couple 10-12 yr old boys riding bikes and one is sportin a Riggins Jersey.

For us folks few and far between other Skins fans- it's always way cool to see one. Most people will say something (I have a Redskins Key lanyard-stickers on truck) and if I see someone representing, I will go talk to them. I see a lot of fans from various teams around here, I've often wondered how it would be to live in a place where nearly everyone is a Redskins fan. You guys who do, are lucky.

Archived