Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Seems like a lot of work:  http://www.masonic-lodge-of-education.com/masonic-investigative-committee.html

Just based on the background check and interview process.  Especially if your petition is relying on people you don't know making judgement on your character based off minimal knowledge/info of you personally and basically second hand.  This looks tougher than a job interview lol

Granted, it sounds cool.  So X, how hard is it really to join?  And if they deny your petition, can you reapply again or do they not believe people can change?  Or would they have different people conduct an interview.  

There is a lodge about 10 mins away down the road from me, never knew it was there.

It's not hard to become one honestly.

If you get denied, yes you can reapply. Some lodges will always deny your first application to see if you are serious enough about it to re-apply.

You get out of it what you put into it honestly.

I have been a Mason for 21 years. I did not fully understand it until about 4 years ago. I don't really want to hijack the thread about it. So if ya want to know more, PM me. There are also a handful more of us on here as well.

Oh I see it now lol

Lol in general, most masons don't openly discuss politics (unless they are politicians) and when they do its low key, and NEVER in the lodge.

They also keep religious talk to a minimum, and don't put down other religions...except the Catholics....for obvious reasons..lol

Why would we get into turf wars? You need to be a mason to be a shriner...

The non shriner masons I bet want to be Shriners. For the cars. And the hats.

Oooooo, what if they also had a monkey on their shoulder and an music box.

Freemasons don't talk politics ;)

Not true.  My dad was a grand poobah.  And a shriner.  And the treasurer for another offshoot of masons (Tall Cedars).

And he talks politics.

Plus he works with a female group of the masons.  Forget the name.

Masons is all about charity, nothing more, nothing less.  Doing good for people.

Archived