Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

And the 49ers don't???

But why would you want them to even get to the Super Bowl??? You should be rooting for the 49ers to kill them.

I wouldn't mind a Pats/Niners Super Bowl, I mean you have Tom Brady going up against his childhood team, with a chance to break Joe Montana's postseason wins record, against the team that he helped make famous.

Yeah, that's good, buts Giants/Pats makes for more sexy storylines. Greatness was denied in'07... Perfection snatched from the Patriots palm at the very last second, by a seemingly divine play from straight out of a Hollywood movie script. Now is the Pats chance to rectify that travesty, against a QB (now a grown up, grown ass man of a veteran) that outshined him on the biggest stage of them all, and a guy that has the chance to once again get the best of the greatest QB of this century, and for all of the heat he's taken in NY, get the chance to tell his brother (also one of the greatest of all time) how his 2 rings taste...

C'mon MissU, admit it, Tom-Terrific v. Eli sounds a lot better than Tom-Terrific v. ... Alex Smith. It also would delight me to see the rug swept out from under Big Blue, who seem to now think that it is their destiny to win a Super Bowl, and it's annoying as hell.

C'mon MissU, admit it, Tom-Terrific v. Eli sounds a lot better than Tom-Terrific v. ... Alex Smith. It also would delight me to see the rug swept out from under Big Blue, who seem to now think that it is their destiny to win a Super Bowl, and it's annoying as hell.

No, it doesn't. I don't drink the Giants kool-aid. Plus, I have a lot of friends who are Giants fans and I would like nothing more than to see their dreams of a Giants superbowl squashed so they can't talk **** all next year. My boyfriend is a die-hard 49ers fan, and after going to SF last weekend and seeing that game in person...I want nothing more than the 9ers to win.

No, it doesn't. I don't drink the Giants kool-aid. Plus, I have a lot of friends who are Giants fans and I would like nothing more than to see their dreams of a Giants superbowl squashed so they can't talk **** all next year. My boyfriend is a die-hard 49ers fan, and after going to SF last weekend and seeing that game in person...I want nothing more than the 9ers to win.

Either way, I'll be happy, one because I know NY's secondary wouldn't be able to handle the Pats offense, and their D seems to be playing a little bit better now as well, and if NY loses to SF today, I'll be gleeful, for some of the same reasons I mentioned above. I also wouldn't mind the Niners winning the SB if they make it there, and wouldn't have a problem rooting for them, but purely from a fan standpoint, Tom Brady against Eli Manning ll is just more exciting to me.

yes 1 game against a horrible defense.

You quoted my response without reading all of my response. Good job :ols:

He has been making plays throughout the entire season, just not with all eyes on him, which is what you would expect from a Divisional Playoff game. And it's funny that you would even include the Saints defense, when on some of his throws, there isn't a defense in the league that would have stopped those passes, because they were perfect.

They factored into it, yes, but that game was all Alex Smith.

Gross, wth would you want the Giants to win
Exactly. Makes no sense. I'm pulling for the Patriots and Niners, and fully expect each to win their game today. Don't want to see any rematch of any SB.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2012 at 12:48 PM ----------

****ty QB, no passing game, no running game? lol
Do you even watch football?

Exactly. Makes no sense.

It does make sense Bubbles...

See, it's a simple concept. Again, I wouldn't mind a Niners/Pats SB, it's just that a Giants/Pats Super Bowl makes for a more compelling matchup in my opinion, which would in fact mean that I WILL NOT (just wanted to make that clear to everyone who is in doubt) be rooting for the Giants in any way, shape or form, but if they do happen to win, I just think that it would make for a more exciting Super Bowl, a Super Bowl that they would lose

The only team t I couldn't stomach to see playing in a Super Bowl would be the Cowboys, for the simple fact that (in the area that I live) seemingly 1 out of every 8 people is a Cowboys fan that knows nothing about the Cowboys...

It does make sense Bubbles...

See, it's a simple concept. Again, I wouldn't mind a Niners/Pats SB, it's just that a Giants/Pats Super Bowl makes for a more compelling matchup in my opinion, which would in fact mean that I WILL NOT (just wanted to make that clear to everyone who is in doubt) be rooting for the Giants in any way, shape or form, but if they do happen to win, I just think that it would make for a more exciting Super Bowla Super Bowl that they would lose

The only team t I couldn't stomach to see playing in a SUper Bowl would be the Cowboys, for the simple fact that (in the area that I live) seemingly 1 out of every 8 people is a Cowboys fan that knows nothing about the Cowboys...

Nah, it still doesn't make sense. You might not think the Giants would have a shot against the Patriots, but they definitely would. Hell, they've already beaten them in Foxboro this season. They would most definitely have a shot. But I don't want to see them even get there. Hopefully the Niners will put an end to their run today. And it's not like there wouldn't be compelling storylines if the Niners and Pats got there. Some of the ones you mentioned, and I'm sure there are a lot of others. Plus it would be a matchup of one of the best defenses in football vs one of the best offenses. You'd have a former #1 pick, turned bust, that is now playing like a #1 pick, vs a QB that's always played like a top pick should, yet drafted in the 6th round. And, with a win, could possibly cement himself as the greatest QB ever (he'd definitely be in the conversation).

I'm just of the opinion if you're a Redskins fan, you NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, root for the Giants unless it in someway benefits the Redskins. While they aren't generally considered all that hated by most Redskins fans, compared to the Eagles and Cowboys, they are still a division rival. I never want to see a division rival get to a SB, much less win one. Another Giants SB win vaults them ahead of the Redskins, by the way.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/161146693398708225

THOUGHT WE WERE DRAFTING RG3 MAN

WHAT HAPPENED

would we even start RG3 right away if we got him? If not, do we plan to start Rex all season long? Personally, I wouldn't mind signing Peyton to a 1-year deal (as long as we don't go all Haynesworth on him) and let him play while RG3 develops. I'd rather him develop under Manning than Rex, even though their play style is very different.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2012 at 10:06 AM ----------

I'm just of the opinion if you're a Redskins fan, you NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, root for the Giants unless it in someway benefits the Redskins. While they aren't generally considered all that hated by most Redskins fans, compared to the Eagles and Cowboys, they are still a division rival. I never want to see a division rival get to a SB, much less win one. Another Giants SB win vaults them ahead of the Redskins, by the way.

The worst Superbowl matchup would be Giants/Ravens. Barf.

Anyone else feel that Jim Harbaugh has been coaching longer than this year? I mean, I just find it incredible what he's done with that team, and mostly with Alex Smith. It's mind-boggling to think that a rookie head coach can have such an impact on a team/player like that. If Andrew Luck didn't have another solid season this year I'd think that his success was mainly because of Harbaugh. Remarkable coaching job. And he seems like a player's coach, too. But also one that has full control over his team. Good for him.

Most of you might not recall, but he was one dropped Hail Mary away from the SB. He came VERY close to leading the Colts to a SB.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2012 at 01:14 PM ----------

Why won't you get twitter
I might one day. I don't even have a smartphone yet, man. Lol...I'm usually a few years behind on technology stuff. However, I was one of the first ones I know that bought a HD set/receiver. When it comes to watching my sports, I got to have the best.:)

Nah, it still doesn't make sense. You might not think the Giants would have a shot against the Patriots, but they definitely would.

Of course they would/could, but I hope they don't.

I'm just of the opinion if you're a Redskins fan, you NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, root for the Giants unless it in someway benefits the Redskins.

Damn, how many times do I have to say this for you all to understand. I'm not rooting for the Giants. :ols:

While they aren't generally considered all that hated by most Redskins fans, compared to the Eagles and Cowboys, they are still a division rival. I never want to see a division rival get to a SB, much less win one. Another Giants SB win vaults them ahead of the Redskins, by the way

I don't include the Eagles, because as long as Mike Vick is their QB, they will never get to a SB to actually have an opportunity to win one. The Giants have already gotten to, and won a SB, so the sting from that has gone away, but I definitely don't want to see them win another one.

I however would not even tolerate a Cowboys Super Bow... wouldn't even watch that **** (unless they were like 14 pt underdogs, which in this day and age almost guarantees that they'll win).

I don't even have a smartphone and I have twitter. It's the way to get news now in the 21st century

I just get my news via my CNN breaking news app on my phone....and that tweet you just posted was talked about on ESPN 5 minutes before you posted it (sitting here watching ESPN)

Anyway, I'm out. Gotta make a run for some grub. Which reminds me, Sin. I tried to get one of those pastrami melts from Subway yesterday that you were raving about. When I went to order one, the girl at the counter looked at me like I was talking another language. I don't think she even knew that they were just advertising them on tv lately. I guess this particular Subway wasn't ever offering them. Don't even think I saw any pastrami anywhere. Had to order my usual go-to, the steak and cheese. I really wanted to try the pastrami melt though.:(

Archived