Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Simply watching this gets me excited for college football which is like 2 and a half months away. Just bring it back already

YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE AT DOAK CAMPBELL STADIUM IN TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA

I love, love, love that intro music.

Makes me think of getting up on a Saturday morning, super hungover, turning on ESPN and eating breakfast before heading out to Doak Campbell to start tailgating for an FSU game.

The glory years of my life.

Going to a school with a largely boring sports program will always be one of those things I'll kind of regret. No rooting interest on college football Saturday's.

I go to one without one... And I also regret it...

Boston is a Red Sox town. But I agree one of the few cities that follow college hockey somewhat closely.

We are talking about college sports correct? And Boston follows college hockey more than somewhat closely. Take my word for it. BU vs BC is the biggest rivalry in New England. Beanpot still sells out The Garden.

The recent Bruins parade actually had more people than the Red Sox 2004 parade. Largest championship parade in Boston history. Sox are #1. If the Bruins and Celtics were to win championships in the same year, the Bruins would garner more attention easily. Celtics took the #2 spot because they were winning titles in the 80's while the Bruins were on a 39 year drought.

Have you been back to Doak since you graduated

I didn't make any games this past season, since Miami is about 7 to 8 hours from Tallahassee (if you're not stopping at all either), and that was a bit too far for me to handle with school work getting in the way and whatnot.

But I did make it to 3 games in 09, one being the (at the time, at least) infamous FSU loss to USF, and one against N.C. State, in some big time box seating area with my ex-girlfriend's parents and a bunch of mega-rich boosters (plus Lee Corso's son, who looks just like Lee).

That was actually one of the coolest times I've ever had watching a football game- all the Crown and Coke I wanted to drink, for free, A/C while it was like 90 degrees outside, and a great view of the field.

Going to a school with a largely boring sports program will always be one of those things I'll kind of regret. No rooting interest on college football Saturday's.

It definitely makes a big difference within the feel of the campus itself.

I'd say the only downside is that, for the sports programs to really have a major influence on the school atmosphere, the school needs to be out in the middle of ****ing nowhere, making the sports programs the only thing to get heavily invested in year-round. At least that's the case about 9 times out of 10.

I absolutely loved Tallahassee from late August through November while football season was going on, the campus was packed, and everyone was talking about the game on Saturday.

Tallahassee in the summer time, though, like the middle of June, is more boring than you could imagine, because 75% of the student population moved back home to Orlando/Miami/Tampa/Jacksonville until school started back up again.

So the drawback is that unless the sports programs are currently in-season or you're busy on campus with stuff like Greek life, student government, etc., going to a school with a huge sports program can mean a lot of down time.

I imagine that it would also suck if someone went to a school in the middle of nowhere with a notable sports program, but that program just wasn't any good anymore. You'd really have to pay me a lot to go to Notre Dame, for example.

Lol you would be a FSU booster in the future. Good luck

Marlins hired some 80 year old boss to manage the team. Damn...think that is the oldest coach / manager ever in sports.

Edit: JoePa and Bowden have to be up there lol

Yeah, McKeon. He managed their team to the WS in 2003, I believe it was (think they beat the Yanks).

Anyway, its only going to be for the end of the season. Can't do any worse than Rodriguez. But I would have just let the guy that managed them today, take over for the rest of the year. Would have saved them some money. Then went hard after a decent manager in the offseason. Hell, they ought to just give Bobby Valentine a shot.

I said on the other hockey forum I go to that the 2003 team also started poorly and fell behind .500...I said if they managed to win the WS this year it would be the greatest sports story ever :ols:

The word is they are interested in Ozzie guillen.

I said on the other hockey forum I go to that the 2003 team also started poorly and fell behind .500...I said if they managed to win the WS this year it would be the greatest sports story ever :ols:

The word is they are interested in Ozzie guillen.

Ozzie would make some sense, given his background and all. But he's still employed. And if the White Sox go on and win the division, I doubt he is let go, or resigns.

---------- Post added June-19th-2011 at 11:09 PM ----------

Wow, The Yanks are putting a hurtin' on the Cubs late in this game.

Soo... does anyone have any experiences with slightly protruding lumps around the lower ribcage area? :/ It's around where my liver is supposed to be, according to my great-aunt who is a nurse.

I'm going to the doctor about it tomorrow. I noticed it a few weeks ago and kind of brushed it off until this weekend when I told my parents about it. Now I'm starting to worry myself about it.

Soo... does anyone have any experiences with slightly protruding lumps around the lower ribcage area? :/ It's around where my liver is supposed to be, according to my great-aunt who is a nurse.

I'm going to the doctor about it tomorrow. I noticed it a few weeks ago and kind of brushed it off until this weekend when I told my parents about it. Now I'm starting to worry myself about it.

Are there multiple ones or just one? If its just one it's probably a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebaceous_cyst I had a golf ball sized one removed from my shoulder just over a month ago.

Archived