Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Maybe no divisions and just the top 6 teams in each conference get in?

People need to stop with the ****ing and moaning about Seattle. Its the first time its ever happened. And it likely could be another 20 years before you see a team with a losing record get in. That's why I'm in favor of leaving everything as is.

Btw, to the one's defending Tampa. They didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. I think their win over the Saints on Sunday was the first team they had beat all year with a winning record. And, needless to say, the Saints didn't even go all out to win the game. So basically the Bucs beat no one all year. Screw 'em.

I don't really put a whole lot of stock into the " They never beat anyone all year" debate when it comes to some teams.8 of the Saints 11 wins have come against teams with losing records. A win is a win. The Saints played terrible on Sunday. Maybe they mailed it in, maybe they didn't.

All I know is that's not the way you want to go into the postseason. They have a few injuries too. Like I've said before, I would not be shocked if SEA pulls the upset. Although it is highly unlikely, it is the playoffs, and since Tampa is apparently a bunch of frauds, then NO had better watch out for the NFC West champs. ;)

I don't really put a whole lot of stock into the " They never beat anyone all year" debate when it comes to some teams.8 of the Saints 11 wins have come against teams with losing records. A win is a win. The Saints played terrible on Sunday. Maybe they mailed it in, maybe they didn't.

All I know is that's not the way you want to go into the postseason. They have a few injuries too. Like I've said before, I would not be shocked if SEA pulls the upset. Although it is highly unlikely, it is the playoffs, and since Tampa is apparently a bunch of frauds, then NO had better watch out for the NFC West champs. ;)

Tampa finished 3rd in their division. They beat no one all year. Why are they deserving? They likely wouldn't win a game in the playoffs, just as the Seahawks probably won't.

I never called them frauds though. Just think bringing them into this is ridiculous. And like I said, the NFL should just leave well enough alone. A team winning their division with a losing record has never happened in the history of the league. And its likely to never happen for another 20 years. No reason for a knee-jerk reaction to change the playoff structure. It works the way it is. Besides, remember everyone complaining about Arizona a few years ago? Yeah, they nearly won the SB that year.

Lol if Seattle nearly wins the Super Bowl

:ols: Hell, if Seattle even makes the SB, then I'm done, absolutely finished with the NFL. The Cardinals always had talent, they were just wildly inconsistent. The Seahawks can't even hold a candle to the '08 Cardinals. The most i could see them doing is upsetting the Saints in a close game, and getting blasted the next week when they have to go on the road.

Seattle may be 7-9, but they're also 5-3 at home.

lol

You've never been to Qwest in January, have you?

Did you watch the Caps playoffs this past April? Bell Centre was shutdown within 15 minutes in Games 3 and 4. Quick scores kill a crowd. And the Canadiens love hockey more than we love football, bank on that.

Did you watch the Caps playoffs this past April? Bell Centre was shutdown within 15 minutes in Games 3 and 4. Quick scores kill a crowd. And the Canadiens love hockey more than we love football, bank on that.

Of course, but if NO struggles out of the gate, and the Seahawks score quickly on some fluke play, either by offensive touchdown, defensively, or by way of special teams, the Saints are going to be in a dog fight. Homefield advantage isn't as important as it once was, I'll give you that, but that just doesn't apply to Qwest Field.

It's hard to even hear yourself think there. The Hawks have to stay in the game though. Brees has shown throughout this season that he's liable to turn the ball over, combine that with the fact that they have to battle the pumped in crowd noise, and you have a recipe for an upset.

Of course, but if NO struggles out of the gate, and the Seahawks score quickly on some fluke play, either by offensive touchdown, defensively, or by way of special teams, the Saints are going to be in a dog fight. Homefield advantage isn't as important as it once was, I'll give you that, but that just doesn't apply to Qwest Field.

It's hard to even hear yourself think there. The Hawks have to stay in the game though. Brees has shown throughout this season that he's liable to turn the ball over, combine that with the fact that they have to battle the pumped in crowd noise, and you have a recipe for an upset.

Well, of course, as I said, if New Orleans strikes quick. If they struggle or dare I say get behind, well, then we have a ball game.

You think the BCS is BETTER than the NFL playoff system? :insane:

No. Which isn't what I said.

What I'm saying is, to simply point at a team with a losing record hosting a playoff game against a team with a winning record who only finished second in their division to the overall conference favorites, and use that as your specific example of "this is better than college football's system!" isn't really on point.

Got all four widsdom teeth out today. Not as bad as expected but I'm just praying no dry socket.

If you get a dry socket, godspeed man, seriously. When I had my first two removed the days following were some of the most painful moments of my life, and I've had my leg broken, endured a full body cramp due to severe dehydration, and had a nail driven into the back of my foot, needing numerous sutures. I didn't load up on meds because they made me feel funny, I don't like the feeling you get from being completely numb. The tase of the gause ( or however you spell it) were terrible after awhile also. Worst week of my life.

Enjoy the drugs.
Vicodin (hydrocodone) is what they gave me but it's not as potent as the Percocet (oxycodone) I had after my spinal surgery a few years ago. But it's a godsend.

Percocet is so money.

They gave me Percocet for my shoulder surgery, then a month later I got it for my wisdom teeth as well. I got some good sleep on those.

The anesthesia was a trip too. I had it for both my shoulder and wisdom teeth. Unbelievable how quickly that stuff knocks you out.

Apparently, according to my wife- I am a whack-job.

I had no idea! I guess after graduating high school from a mental institution, taking medication for the last twenty five years and being so paranoid that I can no longer work, I just still could not see this. :(

Maybe I can get a job as a pan-handler or a male prostitute. :pfft:

Or better yet I can make a living doing studies for John Hopkins Hospital! :beavisnbutthead:

Being out of my mind is not so bad after all! Thanks sweety! Thanks for having faith! :point2sky

Archived