Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Honestly, I could probably drag an old guy fresh off of eating his tapeoka dinner out of the nursing home to freestyle better than B Lloyd. :ols:

No skills whatsoever

I remember he also did something about cigars for a magazine. Cigars and maybe whiskey or wine or some kind of drink.

Lloyd was the definition of a "clown." He always had the talent and could turn it on in random moments, but that's all he ever did, just moments every once in a blue moon, because he was busy wasting his talent on nonsense outside of football.

I wouldn't be shocked if Devin Thomas ended up the same way one day.

If ya smellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

What the Rock, Is Cookin'! :ols:

---------- Post added January-3rd-2011 at 10:06 AM ----------

Seattle is 5-3 at home, and it is friggin' loud at Qwest. I think NO will win, but I'm not sure how much of a slaughter it will be...

I'm telling you, it would not surprise me at all if the Seahawks somehow upset the Saints, this is a wacky league man. The Saints have a few injuries also. All it takes is a few turnovers, maybe a special teams TD, and voila!

In what world is a guy who went 6-0 against his own division unemployed

That's right

TOM CABLE

It makes no sense

Considering Raiders were the ***** of the AFC West before sweeping each opponent this year, I'd say this year was a huge improvement. And now he's unemployed? Why?

Raiders are ajoke

:ols:

Anyway, a 7-9 team hosting a game is screwy. And yet it's STILL INFINITELY better than the college football "championship" system.

No it's not.

The Saints ended up 2nd in their division behind the team that won homefield throughout the NFC. And yet they have to go play their first playoff game against a team that had a losing record.

If anything, taken on a specific case basis only, it's an example as to how a simple playoff system doesn't solve everything.

It's like when people suggest how every conference champion should get a shot. Except there's barely any parity in college football so it'd be even sillier.

No it's not.

The Saints ended up 2nd in their division behind the team that won homefield throughout the NFC. And yet they have to go play their first playoff game against a team that had a losing record.

If anything, taken on a specific case basis only, it's an example as to how a simple playoff system doesn't solve everything.

It's like when people suggest how every conference champion should get a shot. Except there's barely any parity in college football so it'd be even sillier.

Yes it is. Home field advantage is overrated, the Seahawks will get obliterated and their fans will be shut up quickly. The simple fact is, both teams have to EARN their way to the next round by winning. No polls, no reputation, nothing. Win, you move on. Far superior.

No worse than Uconn is the Fiesta Bowl. What a joke.

Yes it is. Home field advantage is overrated, the Seahawks will get obliterated and their fans will be shut up quickly. The simple fact is, both teams have to EARN their way to the next round by winning. No polls, no reputation, nothing. Win, you move on. Far superior.

No worse than Uconn is the Fiesta Bowl. What a joke.

UConn shouldn't have been in the Fiesta Bowl, but the Big East gets an automatic bid and because the conference absolutely blew this year, UConn got to go. Seattle shouldn't go, but because the NFC West gets an automatic bid to the NFL playoffs despite the NFC West sucking, they get to go. So both are equally messed up situations.

The idea of a playoff itself is perfectly fine. But teams that make the playoff tournament should also have to prove their worth to be eligible for the tournament, not just get in because they won a crappy conference or division.

A playoff where rankings still mattered would be fine. But as I said, it's absurd that a team like even Tampa Bay, who beat the Rams and destroyed Seattle a couple of weeks ago, and finished with a better record than both teams, is sitting at home while Seattle gets to host a playoff game. That clearly doesn't make any sense.

But that's why I said "a simple playoff system doesn't solve everything." There should still be qualifiers to make a tournament or playoff, not just automatic bids, so stupid things like UConn being in a BCS bowl or Seattle hosting a playoff game to a team like the Saints don't occur. And further more, the NFL at least has some parity to it where random teams can somehow slide in and pull off big upsets on almost any given week. Seattle doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs but playing in that insane stadium and playing on the NFL level, you never know, the Saints could slip up and Seattle could advance to the 2nd round. If you tried to apply that same factor to a D-1A football tournament, you'd have joker teams getting stomped and wasting playoff spots, since the majority of real championship level college talent resides in about 10 or 15 percent of the total teams in D-1A.

My point was that for ACW to say what he did is just him trying to get preachy about about the "BC$" or whatever he always calls it. As a general statement, it wasn't correct. If you want to break it down more specifically though, then yes, obviously a playoff would be more fair.

My point was that for ACW to say what he did is just him trying to get preachy about about the "BC$" or whatever he always calls it. As a general statement, it wasn't correct. If you want to break it down more specifically though, then yes, obviously a playoff would be more fair.

Maybe no divisions and just the top 6 teams in each conference get in?

Archived