Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

No drinking

Just my thoughts on fairness within sports, is all

After all, parity and fairness make the NFL one of the best leagues in the US (and I don't want to hear about how gambling makes it the most popular, it's also the parity)

UConn were like the Yankees of women's college basketball. A lot of people dislike the Yankees, but when I call out UConn for their streak ending I get what appears to be a lot of dislike and angst. I'm happy because a team that dominated sports lost. Just like you all are happy when the Lakers lose or the Celtics or the Yankees. Same thing.

I don't know why you all are so angry at me lol

Alright

"Final Burn"

UConn losing was like the Yankees, Patriots, or the Lakers losing, to many people. It was the end of a streak by a dynasty. That's why everyone is ecstatic. Because Daniel LaRusso just crane kicked Cobra Kai.

It's natural for us to garner hate against winners. USC, the Lakers, the Patriots, and the Yankees receive a ton of hate from the general sports fanbase because of frequent winning. In fact, there is a thread in ATN about the Patriots "still cheating"; that's how angry people hate winners. The Patriots, Steelers, people don't like them a lot.

When I publicly questioned why everyone hated the Yankees in the MLB thread, one guy gave a succinct and proper response. Because they win. We hate winners that aren't from our own cities. We want to see the underdog Made-for-Hollywood story, the Miracle on Ice, the kid who came from nowhere to topple a karate dynasty, the walk-on who made it onto Notre Dame.

We hate winners. UConn was a winner, and they lost last night.

Period.

---------- Post added December-31st-2010 at 08:19 AM ----------

Happy New Years Eve to all clones

Stay safe and don't do anything foolish regarding alcohol

I don't really know anyone that was ecstatic that UConn lost. It was more like a "meh" moment for me.

I even have a friend that was a Women's Basketball Manager at Tennessee and he wasn't even as excited about them losing as you are.

Do we hate winners? I don't know. I don't like the Yankees, mostly because they are in the same division as the Orioles, but I have no problem with the Lakers or Patriots. I guess I enjoy watching greatness and to be able to say I saw a team win 90 games in a row or I saw a team finish the regular season undefeated or I saw the greatest player to play since MJ (I'm talking about Kobe).

I get frustrated when the Yankees or Duke win, but it doesn't ruin my day and it certainly isn't "the best day of my life" when they lose.

I don't really know anyone that was ecstatic that UConn lost. It was more like a "meh" moment for me.

I even have a friend that was a Women's Basketball Manager at Tennessee and he wasn't even as excited about them losing as you are.

Do we hate winners? I don't know. I don't like the Yankees, mostly because they are in the same division as the Orioles, but I have no problem with the Lakers or Patriots. I guess I enjoy watching greatness and to be able to say I saw a team win 90 games in a row or I saw a team finish the regular season undefeated or I saw the greatest player to play since MJ (I'm talking about Kobe).

I get frustrated when the Yankees or Duke win, but it doesn't ruin my day and it certainly isn't "the best day of my life" when they lose.

All the proof you need to see is in the Patriots still cheating thread

Conspiracies already afoot as to how the Patriots "continue" to cheat even though they were busted once and the NFL was watching them like a hawk, they still made it to the Super Bowl :ols:

"But they cheated"

People hate winners like the Steelers too, Steelers consistently make playoffs and people fabricate hate such as how they always hold

It's a large jealousy hate fest towards successful franchises and UConn was no different

Oh...further proof we as sports fans hate winners, Duke basketball hasn't lost in forever and is continuing to gather hate

"Refs"

In fact Duke basketball is so hated the Indianapolis Star rolled with a "Why Duke is the Devil" before redacting the story and getting Coach K's attention

g0a0000000000000000f94bc3e80147c391da6e8a3e1705e8338d50c767.jpg

I really need to start learning what I can mix and not mix while drinking. I've done it enough by now.

My rule of thumb is that if you are drinking dark liquors (bourbon, scotch), stay with that the whole night...dont mix dark and light liquors. I did that one time and I had a horrible headache...never again :ols:

I know one that would be perfect for you...I'm not sure if you've heard of it or not, but it's called a 'Shirley Temple'...the bartender should know what that is, so just tell them that and be prepared to be amazed.

Youre welcome.

I plan on downing at least 9 kamikazes tonight.

I could go from kamikzaes tonight

To enjoy your New Years with a Shirley Temple?

Shirley Temple seems a little too girlie for me

Im sorry but who the **** decides to move on New Years eve? I knew my best friend was moving today but he decides to call me around 630? Sorry dude but I have plans.

ROFL.

You best have told him no

I wasn't going to get drunk but Canada losing a heartbreaker in shootouts means alcohol consumption

Archived