Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Are Nats players trump fans? And why people defending them. Athletes aren’t role models. 

In all fairness, some people jus want to enjoy this before reality clicks back in.  Reality doesnt care, they declined the player option on my favorite player a couple hours after the parade.

14 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Total Wireless, so much cheaper and it uses Verizon's towers, so it offers great coverage.

Just a question here because although I build cell towers for a living I'm no expert on the product itself.

Why would Verizon spend all that money on the best antennas and network in the business and then allow another company to piggyback off their towers and offer the same product at a much lower price?

It seems like something they would have zero reason to allow to happen. 

14 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Some people make it virtually impossible to enjoy certain threads. More like one person. Always the same person.

It's not me, is it?

Do I need to post more babes, or stop that altogether....Maybe I should post more articles on electric cars, or research proving housecats are the spawn of Satan....YouTube clips of Banshee?

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Not every can afford a $100 phone bill. 

It's for people that cant or dont want to, so the larger carriers get a cut knowing the smaller carrier will advertise how good the carrier they are running in is.  Pretty much every ad I see for smaller carrier if it is on a Verizon network will brag about it, that helps verizon because that's advertising they dont have to pay then also dont have to prioritize their data needs over their actual customers.

It's a win win for them far as I can tell, getting customers who cant afford their service with little to no effort and keep them from going elsewhere.  

Now how do some small carriers get to use more then one network, that I dont get, feels like collusion.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not every can afford a $100 phone bill. 

It's for people that cant or dont want to, so the larger carriers get a cut knowing the smaller carrier will advertise how good the carrier they are running in is.  Pretty much every ad I see for smaller carrier if it is on a Verizon network will brag about it, that helps verizon because that's advertising they dont have to pay then also dont have to prioritize their data needs over their actual customers.

It's a win win for them far as I can tell, getting customers who cant afford their service with little to no effort and keep them from going elsewhere.  

Now how do some small carriers get to use more then one network, that I dont get, feels like collusion.

I get what your saying but if say for example Verizon offers their product at 100 a month and the other guys offer the exact same product at 50 a month then how does Verizon even have one customer?

I don't care if I could afford a million a month I'd switch. 

If ford sold a lmborzini diablo that was made in the same Italian factory but for 50 grand I wouldn't pay 300 grand just for the hell of it, especially considering having Verizon as a provider isn't exactly a status symbol. 

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Just a question here because although I build cell towers for a living I'm no expert on the product itself.

Why would Verizon spend all that money on the best antennas and network in the business and then allow another company to piggyback off their towers and offer the same product at a much lower price?

Total Wireless is an Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) and those don't have the infrastructure in place, so they buy up minutes/data from the big phone networks (AT&T, Verizon, etc.) which allows their subscribers/users to utilize the networks already in place.  So, basically, they are making money form the MVNOs.   

https://bestmvno.com/mvnos/total-wireless/

51 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I legit lol'd at everyone being floored at Zuk wearing the Magahat. They should've lived where I lived in Germantown, on a street chock full of racist Koreans.

One of the more eye opening experiences of my life. Plenty of those people would be the Wealthy Minority Trumpet material.

My aunt and uncle ADORE trump. But they also love Duterte so they just like fascists. 

15 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Total Wireless, so much cheaper and it uses Verizon's towers, so it offers great coverage.

Need a fact check on this. Cricket does the same with ATT towers. I don't know—maybe the speeds are slower?

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I get what your saying but if say for example Verizon offers their product at 100 a month and the other guys offer the exact same product at 50 a month then how does Verizon even have one customer?

If ford sold a lmborzini diablo that was made in the same Italian factory but for 50 grand I wouldn't pay 300 grand just for the hell of it, especially considering having Verizon as a provider isn't exactly a status symbol. 

I couldn't find anything on how much the MVNO (Total Wireless) pays Verizon for those minutes, but Verizon is getting paid and I'd imagine that wholesale price gets adjusted frequently to compensate for lost customers. 

Another factor to look at is that Total Wireless is the best MVNO out there, so for people that have plans with say AT&T or Sprint, them jumping ship to Total Wireless means more business from Verizon as TW would need to purchase more minutes/data from Verizon.  

Surprisingly so, a lot of people probably haven't heard about MVNOs or like Verizon's plan where you can upgrade after half the phone has been paid off, or like the specials that Sprint runs or AT&T etc.  My father for example, he is a new tech junkie and upgrades his phone for a newer model all the time through the Verizon plan.  It doesn't matter to him that he is basically stuck in lease/rent hell in an endless loop.

He would rather do that and get his new phone with features than have to pay full price for a new phone all at once.  Me, I'd still be rocking my Galaxy S5 if it didn't get ****ed up.  And I want to save money, so when we got our iPhones paid off through Verizon, we immediately jumped ship to Total Wireless.

5 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

My aunt and uncle ADORE trump. But they also love Duterte so they just like fascists. 

Need a fact check on this. Cricket does the same with ATT towers. I don't know—maybe the speeds are slower?

Nope, speeds are the same.  My wife is the one that found out about Total Wireless, so I had her activate her phone first with them while I stayed on Verizon, so we could test it out.  We did speed tests and they were almost identical.  

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Yeah that's me and my wife, constantly stuck in that loop of phone upgrades, but its because of her not me.

If I had my way I'd have an s5 too instead of this s9 and I'd be saving money.

Thanks for the thorough response.

NP man.  If your phone is paid off with Verizon, you can drop your phone off the plan and activate Total Wireless for your phone and save some money.  

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Nope, speeds are the same.  My wife is the one that found out about Total Wireless, so I had her activate her phone first with them while I stayed on Verizon, so we could test it out.  We did speed tests and they were almost identical.  

https://www.toptenreviews.com/cell-phone-providers-cricket-review

Though AT&T supports fast data speeds – our sister site Tom’s Guide tested its average speed across six cities at 25.6Mbps – Cricket Wireless caps its users’ speeds at a measly 8Mbps. If you’re a heavy data user, HD streamer, multitasker or mobile gamer, we recommend steering clear. Though 8Mbps is fast enough for things like browsing socials or checking email, there are other budget plans out there – like MetroPCS – that don’t put caps on data speeds.

11 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

https://www.toptenreviews.com/cell-phone-providers-cricket-review

Though AT&T supports fast data speeds – our sister site Tom’s Guide tested its average speed across six cities at 25.6Mbps – Cricket Wireless caps its users’ speeds at a measly 8Mbps. If you’re a heavy data user, HD streamer, multitasker or mobile gamer, we recommend steering clear. Though 8Mbps is fast enough for things like browsing socials or checking email, there are other budget plans out there – like MetroPCS – that don’t put caps on data speeds.

Well AT&T sucks, I'm only speaking to Total Wireless.

32 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Prepaid plans doesnt allow for spreading the cost of the phone out or upgrade deals the same way major carriers do.  For some people getting with a major carrier is the only way to get a $1000 phone, cricket makes you pay it all in 90 days instead of 2 years like Verizon. Do any MVNO carriers have bogo deals on the latest smart phones like major carriers do, places like Sprint damn near give these phones away when they come out sometimes.

And it's not the exact same service, its jus the same network, the smaller carriers have slower speeds because of not being prioritized.  I think it goes deeper then that, I had a boost mobile phone that couldnt get service in my own apartment in Norfolk, that's different then saying Sprint overadvertises how good its network really is, something is right there.

I just did a speed test on my LTE network and got 17.0 Mbps down and 2.61 Mbps up.  Did a second test and got 16.4 Mbps down and 2.03 Mbps up.  Looked on my speed test app at the results logged and it was like 15 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up back in Jan. 2019.  Again, on the LTE network and not connected to my ISP via Wi-Fi.

Archived