Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Thekyle has not seen enough Redskins football to know when its over. Give him another 4 years. The season was over after the Giants game. I'll gladly eat my shoe and post a video of it if the Redskins make the playoffs. But I can remember 90% of the games going back to 2001 and I know a losing Redskins team when I see one. This team is a losing one. We are not winning the Division and we are no way in hell getting a WC over Arizona, San Fran, GB, or Chicago

Thekyle has not seen enough Redskins football to know when its over. Give him another 4 years. The season was over after the Giants game. I'll gladly eat my shoe and post a video of it if the Redskins make the playoffs. But I can remember 90% of the games going back to 2001 and I know a losing Redskins team when I see one. This team is a losing one. We are not winning the Division and we are no way in hell getting a WC over Arizona, San Fran, GB, or Chicago

agree 2012 we played so damn good in the first few even though we were losing. the ATL loss, the bengal loss.  That reason was a magical one and we knew it

Don't get me wrong I die inside everytime the Skins lose and I get so angry that I just start cussing up a storm. Part of me wants them to win games. But the other part of me says that whats the point of winning games if you're not actually getting into the playoffs. I think that if a team that can be 3-13 goes 5-11 or 6-10 they are really shooting themselves in the foot for the future. Yes I know that not all draft picks are locks and I know that you can get HoF players anywhere the the draft but the possibility of being say #3 in the draft instead of #10 or 11 I'd say is pretty substantial especially if you're hoping for us to be able to trade out and get a bounty. Or you know for example If the Redskins did not beat Seattle in 2011 I don't think they would have had to give up all those picks for Rg3. Because we would already be in the spot. The way I see it is yea the players felt good about that Seattle win but it cost the franchise 1st round picks. You already knew that team was not going to the playoffs so what was the point of winning it only hurt us. But I'm always worried about the future. I do that for everything. I'm already trying to look 2 years down the road for us.

Sorry for talking about Football in the RTT

The mistakes that are being made on this team are thousands of miles worse than the mistakes that the 2012 team was making. Even tho we started off really badly at the start we were not playing even close to as badly as the team is now. The mistakes that are being made here are not blown plays and lack of talent, its pure fundamental basic HS level mistakes.

Truth hurts, moco, but you're right

Redskins still have many holes to fill, and with the way other nfc east team's are looking, we aren't going to make any kind of run this year. So winning a few meaningless games and finishing up 5-11 is worse than going 3-13.

While a win against Seattle and their fans would be delicious, if we're not gonna make a run this year, then every game we win from this point on just hurts our draft pick. We looked like idiots last Thursday, and that team on the field against the Giants definitely ain't making a playoff run

I hate saying this because his daddy was a legend here, but I have no confidence in Bruce Allen handling GM duties and I wish Snyder would get a young executive from a successful franchise. Unfortunately, I know that won't happen until 3 years down the line when the fans threaten to protest him still being here or something.

I like Gruden just not the guy picking the tools.

Another thing that really hurt us this year was KC playing. I think most reasonable people looked at KC and thought "Okay is a solid capable back up QB" 

When he came in during 2012 he played amazing but I think a lot of people knew that was not going to be his consistent play, because he played so damn good that the only place for his stock to go was down.

When he played after 2012 I think he was worth a 3rd round pick. And we all know that GMs will overpay if they think a QB is going to be good. The key is that you have to just sprinkle a lil bit of KC onto people and let their imagination do the rest. The more he played the more his stock went down. Now his stock is really really really down. 

Oh and before I forget people you either let KC walk or you trade him. Walking gives you nothing. He is not signing his 1st contract to be a back up thats nonsense. Now we are looking at maybe a 5th round pick if we traded him but now we cant trade him because of Rg3 being hurt all the time so he will end up walking. Just should of got that 3rd round pick when we could

I hate saying this because his daddy was a legend here, but I have no confidence in Bruce Allen handling GM duties and I wish Snyder would get a young executive from a successful franchise. Unfortunately, I know that won't happen until 3 years down the line when the fans threaten to protest him still being here or something.

I like Gruden just not the guy picking the tools.

Dude, that's a drop in the bucket of problems. It doesn't matter who snyder gets and frankly the pool he has to choose from is shrinking. The best we could convince to coach here is Gruden? The writing is one the wall and the NFL is a closed-society. Everyone talks and everyone knows worse than what is out in the public about this team. 

Why are you all so negative

Allen is a good man, do you remember the days of Cerrato

We at least have a GM instead of Cerrato...and don't say he's as bad as Cerrato because we actually have a competent FO now 

"But RG3 trade" 

That trade though controversial got us a franchise QB, and even if you count that out, he's done a decent job with drafts finding Alfred Morris, Jordan Reed, et cetera 

Another thing that really hurt us this year was KC playing. I think most reasonable people looked at KC and thought "Okay is a solid capable back up QB" 

When he came in during 2012 he played amazing but I think a lot of people knew that was not going to be his consistent play, because he played so damn good that the only place for his stock to go was down.

When he played after 2012 I think he was worth a 3rd round pick. And we all know that GMs will overpay if they think a QB is going to be good. The key is that you have to just sprinkle a lil bit of KC onto people and let their imagination do the rest. The more he played the more his stock went down. Now his stock is really really really down. 

Oh and before I forget people you either let KC walk or you trade him. Walking gives you nothing. He is not signing his 1st contract to be a back up thats nonsense. Now we are looking at maybe a 5th round pick if we traded him but now we cant trade him because of Rg3 being hurt all the time so he will end up walking. Just should of got that 3rd round pick when we could

I love Kirk, but lets be realistic, he came in against the Falcons and we lost.  He came in against the Ravens, led a TD drive and 2pt conversion, huge!  But then he beat up on the Browns who fielded the #23 defense that year.  

And you forget, they wanted a 2nd round pick for him last year (dont recall any offers during the 2013 off-season) and the only rumor out there was a 4th, which is where we drafted him in the first place.

We ain't getting **** for Kirk and someone will sign him in FA most likely when it's all said and done.  

agree 2012 we played so damn good in the first few even though we were losing. the ATL loss, the bengal loss. That reason was a magical one and we knew it

This is such BS. Nobody and I mean nobody would have looked at the Redskins after the panthers game and said "this is a playoff team". Nobody. If Kirk plays like he did against the Jags and Iggles we certainly have a chance. Just can't have any major injuries.

This was never going to be a good season for the Redskins.

If you believe otherwise then you are going against history. The best the Redskins have ever done with a rookie head coach since Snyder has owned the team is 8-8. One of them was Zorn. The ceiling that this team can hit this season is 8-8. In reality it's going to be much worse. No reason to get emotional about it, it's ststistics. You can't fight math.

This is such BS. Nobody and I mean nobody would have looked at the Redskins after the panthers game and said "this is a playoff team". Nobody. If Kirk plays like he did against the Jags and Iggles we certainly have a chance. Just can't have any major injuries.

Kirk won't play better than what our defense is giving up. Especially without D Hall and Orakpo playing like absolute garbage.

Kirk won't play better than what our defense is giving up. Especially without D Hall and Orakpo playing like absolute garbage.

Our defense is not horrible. It's much better than last year. I think if Rak and Hatcher get healthy we have a chance in every game. As long as Kirk plays semi respectively and the special teams don't lose us the game.

I actually did.  look at my posts in the stadium. I said we would win 6 out of 7 down the stretch and we won 7.  

Our defense had 10 sacks. Before you say it's Jacksonville they played just as well against the Texans...the same Texans that are 3-2. 

We had a few bad NFC East games but we should hopefully heal up and be somewhat competitive Monday. 

Kornheiser says all the time we have to play Seattle and then go to Arizona. His threats about this team going 1-5 were true if Arizona didn't get blown out by Denver today

Arizona is good but we can remain competitive in that game. Stanton isn't that good anyway 

Our defense is not horrible. It's much better than last year. I think if Rak and Hatcher get healthy we have a chance in every game. As long as Kirk plays semi respectively and the special teams don't lose us the game.

It's our secondary, it always has been. Amerson is a good young CB but he's not ready to be a #1 yet. Teams with decent receivers are going to torch us every game. It's impossible for our d line to generate enough pressure to cover for our secondary. It's what everyone was hoping. Haven't seen it happen yet.

Archived