Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best time of day to work out?

LeesburgSkinFan

Exercising in the morning is better for the metabolism. It allows you to burn more calories over the duration of the remainder of the day.

also you burn more fat b/c you were fasting when you were sleeping overnight. unless you eat while you sleep. they say for an added burn drink some coffee or something with caffiene b4 your workout.

The best time to workout is when you know your going to get it done. If your not a morning person do it mid day or in the evening and vice versa. Its true that morning workouts seem to better because you do burn more calories and fat due to the fast your body goes through during sleep.

I could handle running in the morning, but no lifting. Number one, you're probably somewhat dehydrated. Number two, unless you're waking up early enough to pound a high-calorie protein shake and then wait 30 minutes, what's the point of lifting? Your body won't have the essential tools for muscle growth.

First off, you should do it whenever you have the time to do it regularly. Better to do it than not do it, ya know?

I prefer cardio in the morning. Just sets your whole day up. I breath better and am more alert throughout the day. Also increases my metablolism and carries it through the day. Furthermore there is evidence to suggest that you burn more fat in the morning, especially on an empty stomach.

I think that morning is better, but I'd agree with what most are saying. Find a time that you know you can maintain for more than a month or so.

I find that when I try to be a hero and get up early to run, I don't stick to it because it's not a time of the day that I like.

I've been able to stick to an afternoon/early evening jog for several years. It's better to do something consistently than it is to do something inconsistently even if the inconsistent act is slightly more beneficial to you.

The morning people are right.... it stokes your metabolism and allows you to burn more calories and fat throughout the day due to the increased metabolism. Also, don't eat for 45 minutes after a cardio working out... because that's when your body is burning almost all fat. When lifting weights... try to no more than 30 mintues after you eat... feed the muscles they protein they now crave.

Archived