Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Were Your Thoughts When We Traded For Santana Moss?

GOSKINS_08

I thought it was a good trade, but I thought that we gave up too much for what we got in return from a perception standpoint. We may have thought that Moss was better than Coles, but everyone else thought that Coles was better. I thought we should have went after more compensation...like a 5th or 6th pick.

Yes I know this may be a useless thread,but its just another offseason thread;)..So what were you thoughts?I was glad we got him because I knew he had speed and could be a deep threat...Plus Coles wanted out anyway.

Truthfully, i thought trading for Santana Moss then hearing what he could do was a great trade for us. I also thought it would make us Super Bowl Contendars or atleast get us in the playoffs. Which that trade did.

In spite of all the criticism that Coles receives on this website- I always admired the way he plays the game. He played tough and was happy to go over the middle. Even though he had a toe injury- the guy still caught 90 balls on an anemic offense. I also knew that Santana was misused in NY because he had sort of a "breakout" year a few years a go and then they stopped giving him the ball......

Overall, I felt like we got the short end of the deal- but since I knew that Coles wanted out of D.C. I figured that getting Moss was better than not getting anyhting at all.....

We all know how that trade shook out!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if it is realistic to expect that Moss will duplkicate what he did this past year- but at least he is a very dangerous deep threat and he can make things happen in space. If we could only complement him with a capable possessiojn receiver (like Coles) we'd be in great shape....

My initial thought was negative due to the hit we were going to take for Coles.

As far as the trade went, I thought it was a good one. Coles seemed to be damaged goods and we needed a deep threat.

I never thought Moss would have the year he did, but I did think that he'd have more success than he experienced in New York.

I thought the deal was a disaster. I mean we took a HUGE cap hit just to let Coles out of here and Moss was not the player Coles was. Thankfully we found out different.

It's funny...last year I thought our offseason was terrible and wouldn't you know it, it lead to our best season in 7 years. Especially ironic when you think of all those "off season championships" we won in that that 7 year time span.

Lesson learned? NO MORE FANTASY FOOTBALL. :logo:

I thought it was going to be a horrible trade too. I thought that the cap hit was too much from releasing Coles, and I didn't think that Santana Moss would be a good WR. I thought that in his previous season with the Jets he really didn't do much. He didn't have good stat, and I suppose that I really didn't watch him except when the Jets made the playoffs. But I figured that since the Jets were so deep in the playoffs that he should have done a lot more on their team.

All that said, I'm very thankful that it worked out. Santana clearly showed that he is deserving of the Pro-Bowl vote that he got. He played exceptionally well and beyond all my expectations - and the organizations too I think.

Lavernues didn't want to be a Redskin anymore. Obviously this team needs players that want to be here. I'm not sure how Santana felt about it, but a trade was necessary. It certainly provided him a great opportunity to show off his skills in DC. It was a bit of a gamble but we all know it payed off-HUGE!!

Yes I know this may be a useless thread,but its just another offseason thread;)..So what were you thoughts?I was glad we got him because I knew he had speed and could be a deep threat...Plus Coles wanted out anyway.

I was sort of shocked at first, but I trust Gibbs whole heartedly and I know he knows what he's doing. Trust me......never doubt him.

Nobody's perfect, but Gibbs is a coaching God, and I would never ever doubt him, no matter what I may think.

Hail!:point2sky

lordoftherings.JPG

I wasn't surprised that Coles was sent packing, given his refusal to deal with his nagging toe injury and his disatisfaction with the team. Even so, I thought that trading him for Moss would be a step down.

Boy was I wrong. I still like Coles, but Moss has given the team far more overall production than Coles could have. 90 catches is nothing to sneeze at, but Coles wasn't making the kind of plays that Moss did this year.

I agreed with Snyder, that if someone doesn't want to be here, get rid of them. I thought the trade was good because Moss wanted to be here and he would make a few more big plays, but not catch as many balls. But I certainly didn't anticipate Moss to be this good. He had an amazing year and showed more toughness and strength than anyone knew he had.

Archived