Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Were Your Thoughts When We Traded For Santana Moss?

GOSKINS_08

I knew he was fast, but was unsure how he would do. I didn't realize that he was so fast it could change a game. No one can catch him. He can break any play wide open. I have been really impressed. I hope we get another productive reciever and that would only help Santana. I think Jimmy Smith would be perfect.

I'll admit it at the time I hated the trade. Figured we were trading a excellent receiver for one that was average at best. In addition we were trading 9 mil in cap space and Moss only had one year left on his contract, so I thought we should get a lot more from the Jets (a 2d rounder maybe even a first in 2006). I still think we could have got a pick from the Jets with better trading prowness.

I was pissed. Not about Santana Moss though. I was pissed at Lav Coles for being such a big baby, crying about catching 90 balls, wanting to leave, and forcing us to take a big cap hit. I was steaming and wished bad things upon Coles, that little ho. I didn't think much about Santana, I was just angry because it seemed Coles had ruined our season before it started.

I'm so glad his new/old team sucked badly and we improved greatly without him. Kharma's a *****.

if I remember .. wasnt Mr 50/50 picked up in the draft right b4 Moss? . I recall wanting Moss over Rod 50/50 .. And as far as LC goes. just a cry baby..like TO .. plus we ate that big cap hit for letting him go.. Moss was great this yr. I hope he can stay healthy

I was pissed. Not about Santana Moss though. I was pissed at Lav Coles for being such a big baby, crying about catching 90 balls, wanting to leave, and forcing us to take a big cap hit. I was steaming and wished bad things upon Coles, that little ho. I didn't think much about Santana, I was just angry because it seemed Coles had ruined our season before it started.

I'm so glad his new/old team sucked badly and we improved greatly without him. Kharma's a *****.

ditto. exactly.

I was glad that we were able to get something from a player we would have most likely released, but to get a player of Moss's calibur in the process was outright robbery. Talent wise I felt we had a clear advantage, I just questioned whether or not he'd be able to play 16 games. To be honest, I still question it.

I thought it was crazy to take the cap hit and was convinced that Moss would be on the injury report by the fifth game.

It's still not clear to me how he saw the action he did and did not get injured once.

could be a lot of factors... change of scenary' date=' our sports medicine people, maybe because he didn't have to return punts/kicks[/b']

It officially went down on the day of the St. Patricks day parade by my house. I remember seeing it on ESPNews just before we were leaving for the bar.

I was not happy about it. I thought it was a bad deal. I was also mad when we didn't draft Mike Williams.

Yet another reason why I watch the games (And the draft) on TV.

I thought it was dumb. I knew we had to get rid of Coles, but I thought he was a tough SOB, but not as fast as advertised (toe problem probably accounted for that). I always thought Moss was a Desmond Howard type (oddly enough I was ecstatic when Howard was drafted) but figured he would never amount to much in the pros.

I will also go on record as saying "Peyton Manning sucks. Ryan Leaf is way better." So basically I am terrible when it comes to knowing what college players are going to do in the pros.

Anyways, I think Moss is pretty awesome, but it helps when the QB wants to throw to one WR all the time. Look at Steve Smith's stats last year and Mushin's the year before that. When you are good and qb feeds you the ball constantly you are going to make plays.

I was happy, not thirlled because of the cap hit, but happy. I thought he would give us more of a down field threat and I was excited about his punt returns(we should have put him back there in the playoffs, look what steve smith did when they coudn't get him the ball on offfense, he took it to the house) I was happier about getting rid of coles, he isnt the same player after that toe injury.

I thought it was a great trade especially since he said when he heard about trade talks he would love to come here. In one of his interviews he was 90 balls is 90 balls any way you look at it. I was happy to get him but I was upset at the fact that marty didn't draft him back in 2001. Instead he wanted a big wideout who is now known as 50/50.

Coles was damaged goods. I was MORE than happy to see him go.

Santana I was iffy on...the biggest concern I had was injuries. Hes fast, hes dangerous, but I had no idea he would work as hard and be as productive as he was. The guy is absolutely unbelievable. I was happy to get anyone for Coles...he will NEVER have as productive of a year as he had with us in his first year (Coles that is). Its all downhill from here for LC.

Archived