Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Were Your Thoughts When We Traded For Santana Moss?

GOSKINS_08

I knew coles wanted out. And a player who isn;t happy with his team usually doesn;t perform as well. I knew moss would be a good player with speed, but i was very concerned about him staying healthy. Although I was actually happier when we got patten. I thought he would end up being a better pick up.

Honestly, I felt mostly indifferent when the Moss-Coles trade came down. At the time, Coles was the better receiver but I also thought if Moss stood healthy, he could perhaps emerge as a No. 1 receiver.

Well, Santana exceeded my expectations. Like many Redskins fans, I am happy Santana is wearing the burgundy and gold.

I remember the prevailing notion was that he wasn't a "#1 WR". We needed to draft Mike Williams because Santana was not a #1 WR. Some even went so far as to say that Santana Moss was the #3 WR on the Jets, which is ridiculous.

Most people thought Coles was the superior WR, even with the injury.

There was definitely a lot of outrage when Santana got his big contract, and a lot of laughter from the trolls.

There was also talk that Rod Gardner was as good as him because they both had similar numbers at the time.

Personally, I was excited to get Moss and Patten because it gave us the deep threats that we desperately needed. I put up a signature that said Speed Kills with their pictures. I thought Santana could be a good #1 WR and Patten could be a good #2 WR (I still do, if he can stay healthy).

But I had no idea he would be this good. Nobody did. If they did, they never posted it here. Most people were either negative or indifferent.

Yes I know this may be a useless thread,but its just another offseason thread;)..So what were you thoughts?I was glad we got him because I knew he had speed and could be a deep threat...Plus Coles wanted out anyway.

I was pretty excited. I thought that he would be a good addition and a decent enough starter. I thought maybe 7-8 tds and 800 or so yards. I knew that he had the potential to be really good, and spent a lot of time defending him, but even I did not expect him to be in the top three-five receivers of the NFL.

I honestly thought it was a good trade overall cause coles wants out, and we are getting something out, but thaought Coles was slightly better of the two and that it was unfortunate that we were in that position.

Turbs out it was good strait up.

Here were my thoughts from the thread that first announced the rumor of a Coles/Moss trade. I'd say that only 4 or 5 out of the 100+ posts in this thread felt like it would be a good deal.

Guys,

Don't rely on the message board animals over a ganggreen. I live in NJ and see all the Jets games. Simply put, Moss would be a very good fit in our offense. He was miscast in NY in the WCO.

He was hurt his first few seasons in NY and then exploded in year 3. He was mediocre this past season but so was the entire Jets offense. He also had Paul Hackett calling the plays who might be the all time worst OC. He makes Jimmy Raye look like Mike Martz.

I think it would be a pretty fair deal and it could turn out to be a raping should Coles not regain his pre-injury form.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92577&page=5&pp=15&highlight=Dirk+Diggler+Moss+trade

Archived