Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

end of season CBS Power Rankings

thelarkascend1ng

I wouldnt worry too much about the media's perception of the Redskins. CBS also listed the Jags at 5 and the dolphins at 8. How would we slide by improving our coaching staff. I love getting no respect, becuae watching the media eat their words makes me happy

Amen to that!

I was loving the end of the year this season because all these damn sportscasters like Cris Carter where just in awhhhh when we made the playoffs.

The way the media looks at us, I think, actually helps us out. Because instead of being worried about slacking off and getting no respect, we have nothing to lose because we don't get any respect.

The End of the Year Rankings should be directly based off how the post-season ended. If he wants to do rankings based on next season, then he should either wait until after the offseason acquisitions and departures, or just label the power rankings "my 2006/2007 predictions" This just seems like an attempt to get cheap shots in on the teams he didn't personally pick to be good this past season.

Prisco is an idiot. Why even put out his opinion when he has been absolutely 100% incorrect about everything for as long as I can remember.

He picked the Raiders to win the SB last year and Kyle Orton as rookie of the year. Who even thought Orton was going to get playing time at all since they have Grossman? Thats worse than picking Campbell as Rookie of the year.

Who in their right mind would pick a Norv Turner coached team to even make it to the playoffs, much less be the SB winners after going 5-11 and 1-7 in their own division in 2004?

This guy knows absolutely nothing about football and probably doesn't even watch any games. A monkey could make better picks than Prisco.

Go read the post about the bad predictions on nfl.com, I'm speechless ... amazing.

If anyone ever complains about a power poll or a prediction from a media person, I will have to think that YOU ARE THE DUMBEST PERSON ON EARTH! :laugh:

this one is a classic

First runner-up, Paul Zimmerman, Sports Illustrated: After writing a Sports Illustrated cover story predicting Carolina would win the Super Bowl, Zimmerman predicted Carolina would lose to Chicago in the second round of the playoffs.

Sounds like we're back in the 80's-90's. The only Skins teams that got respect going into a season during Gibbs era I were the 1984 (coming off of a Superbowl) and the 1991 teams (I think Dr. Z actually picked that team to win the Superbowl - may be the only time he was ever right). The 1987-1988 team got no respect going into the season. Even after the championship there were snippets written like - "if the strike hadn't happened the Skins probably wouldn't have been there........". I think Gibbs has proven that great coaching, consistency and a focus on fundamentals can overcome perceived lack of talent. I also think he like his teams to be under the radar (helps to motivate). Keep the hate coming..........

May I ask how we have already slid 5 spots despite the fact that we have dramatically improved our offensive coaching. Combined with our championship caliber defense, I would believe that would only move us up, if at all.

This media stuff doesn't bother me, but I just don't get the logic here. Plus the talent issue??? It seemed good enough to get us to the second round of the playoffs last season.

It just amazes me.....

I think CBS was one of the outlets that had us in the bottom 4 of the NFL coming into last season - what more could you expect?

Archived