Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gillette Fusion

TheREALJBird

I'll admit that those commercials had me curious about Gillette's new razor, but the idea of 5 blades also had me a bit worried :laugh: . I went ahead and took the bait though and bought the razor, and I must say it's the most comfortable shave i've ever had out of all razors. Best shave too might I add, so if you haven't already went out and purchased it here's someone saying that you should, it's definetly worth it

Where will they go from 5 blades? They've gone from 1 to 2 to 3 to 5... now what? 9 blades?

That said, it looks like a pretty nice razor. I'm like Bufford though I've got a lot of Mach 3's laying around. Did you get the battery powered one? Does that ultrasonic thing work?

Pretty funny...I think every guy looks at those commercials and goes...."Five razors!! what the hell do I need that for? My Mach 3 is enough." but secretly we say to ourselves, "Wow, that looks cool, I know it might just be a marketing gimmick, but I have to try it." I know that was my reaction. I'll probably end up caving in and trying it out when I run out of Mach 3's.

Where will they go from 5 blades? They've gone from 1 to 2 to 3 to 5... now what? 9 blades?

That said, it looks like a pretty nice razor. I'm like Bufford though I've got a lot of Mach 3's laying around. Did you get the battery powered one? Does that ultrasonic thing work?

Do not waste your money on the Mach 3 Power. It's a peice of ****.

Pretty funny...I think every guy looks at those commercials and goes...."Five razors!! what the hell do I need that for? My Mach 3 is enough." but secretly we say to ourselves, "Wow, that looks cool, I know it might just be a marketing gimmick, but I have to try it." I know that was my reaction. I'll probably end up caving in and trying it out when I run out of Mach 3's.

You couldn't have hit the nail more squarley on the head Spiff. When I saw that first commercial where they never told you what it was I guessed it was a 5 blade system since that little logo had 5 lines in it, and I remember just going off on what a dumb idea it was. Then after hearing these "testimonials" by users, it makes you think about it. maybe i'll try it when i run out of Mach 3's

but 5 blades, i draw the line after that (did i say that at 3?)

Do not waste your money on the Mach 3 Power. It's a peice of ****.

well that answers that. :)

Anyone ever notice how they price razors? I know what will happen... I'll be at Target buying replacement cartridges for my Mach 3 and it will be like $9.99 for 5. I'll pull them off the peg-hook, at which point I'll notice they have the Gillette Fusion with 4 blades free priced for the same.

So I'll put the Mach 3 stuff back and buy the Fusion razor.

Then next time I'm at Target, I'll find out the Fusion replacement blades are $29.99 for 5 pieces and the $9.99 deal I got doesn't exist anymore. :cuss:

I too have to wait for my M3 Power blades to run out. I haven't tried the fusion, but every razor they put out has been better than the previous one. I hate to say it, but it's true. You know what that precision blade is for? Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that the Mach 3 misses a little bit of hair underneath your nose at the top of the mustache?

Bufford, I love the new sig. Great skit!

I have the Mach power razor and actually love it. I really like the vibrating stuff that goes on (insert locker room joke here). Gillette sent me the Fusion for free and it's a pretty good shave. I have about a million razors left on my Mach though because I bought the big package at Cosco.

The bottom line is price.

The Mach 3's were averaging over $2 per razor in a package.

If this Fusion averages more than that, then forget it - it most certainly IS a marketing gimmick. I dont care HOW close the shave is. It's not worth it.

It's just so typical of our society, that we're never satisfied with what we have. And in this case, we wont be satisfied until each strand of hair has been cut down to an inch BELOW the skin surface.

In the year 2010

"This just in from Gillette. The HACKSAW. It cuts the hair, all the way down to your skull, and to the edge of your brain !"

Consumer Review by Spaceman Spiff :

"At first I thought they were crazy with the Gillette Hacksaw. But I jut HAD to try it. It does leave a few scrapes on your skull, but other than that it's a REALLY close shave. And WELL WORTH the $50 per blade."

In the year 2010

"This just in from Gillette. The HACKSAW. It cuts the hair, all the way down to your skull, and to the edge of your brain !"

Consumer Review by Spaceman Spiff :

"At first I thought they were crazy with the Gillette Hacksaw. But I jut HAD to try it. It does leave a few scrapes on your skull, but other than that it's a REALLY close shave. And WELL WORTH the $50 per blade."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey man, Scott Stapp uses the Gillette Fusion ;)

Archived