Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

These pics say it all about how the Muslim world sees the West and freedom....

TC4

Do us all a favor and try not to lump the entire middle east with these protesters/extremist. While both the muslims and the danish paper is at fault here for what they are printing/displaying, it doesn't help to just hate everybody middle eastern for what a handful of people have done.

It's okay, fellas. Iran's emergence of a perfect human being [the 12th Imam], who is heir to all prophets is imminent.

It's just the 12th Imam, guys.

They're talking about the home-town fans, aren't they ?

Basically since we'll be making a pre-emptive strike on Iran, they have home-field advantage, since it's on their turf. So the 12th Imam, is just the Iranian fans, or the Fan-atical Shi-ites, who'll just be watching from the sidelines ?

the interesting point here is that the New York Times, which would not publish pics of 9/11 heroes jumping to their deaths, had no problem publishing stories about Abu Graib or Guantanomo Bay or secret prisons or secret NSA surveillance..

but they will not publish these cartoons because they don't want to offend Muslims.

yeah right..

the interesting point here is that the New York Times, which would not publish pics of 9/11 heroes jumping to their deaths,

Do you think publishing pictures of those poor souls jumping to their deaths would be a good idea? I think that would be rather disrespectful.

And an unrelated question... what makes a hero?

the interesting point here is that the New York Times, which would not publish pics of 9/11 heroes jumping to their deaths, had no problem publishing stories about Abu Graib or Guantanomo Bay or secret prisons or secret NSA surveillance..

but they will not publish these cartoons because they don't want to offend Muslims.

yeah right..

Actually, the NY Times held off on that surveillance story for over a year so to say they had "no problem" is inaccurate. They weighed that story for a long time.

The abuses at Abu Ghraib have absolutely nothing to do with this. The Soviet people had no idea about the gulags, perhaps you would prefer that kind of unchecked, undisciplined torture but mainstream America does not. Why is it Republicans always seem to be against the truth and for shooting the messenger?

for those with a hard time at reading comprehension...

why is a newspaper that will always print everything they can find which actually does harm to AMERICAN national security-

suddenly NOT print material deemed offensive to certain Islamic Imams?

I suppose you see no double standard there?

why is a newspaper that will always print everything they can find which actually does harm to AMERICAN national security-

You want more riots?

Reading comprehension is worthless if one is dealing with inability to write. Would you care to address these? Thank you.

1) Show things they printed which you feel this way about. Describe how they harm national security.

2) Describe the "standard" you are talking about and show how it applies to one but not another.

Children point fingers and say "SEE???" Adults actually have points to make.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-2025704,00.html

In London, Inayat Bunglawala of the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) said the extremists should be prosecuted. “The Metropolitan police should now consider all the evidence they have gathered from the protests to see if they can prosecute the extremists,” he said.

“It is time the police acted, but in a way so as not to make them martyrs of the Prophet’s cause, which is what they want, but as criminals. Ordinary Muslims are fed up with them.”

While I don't approve of jailing protestors, this is good news.

Reading comprehension is worthless if one is dealing with inability to write. Would you care to address these? Thank you.

1) Show things they printed which you feel this way about. Describe how they harm national security.

2) Describe the "standard" you are talking about and show how it applies to one but not another.

Children point fingers and say "SEE???" Adults actually have points to make.

You don't have to go any further than the good 'ol New York Times, who leaked the wiretap story

And for the hypocracy of it all,see my other thread here

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143649

Well, that's it, I've read an article from the Washington times that sayt the world is going to end :rolleyes:

How anyone can link a washington times article, then claim "liberal bias" is beyond me. . . but that is par for the course now, blaim the otherside for ding exactly what you ARE doing huh. When are americans going to wake up, that is the question I want to know.

BTW, if we were not in Iraq, would the hard right have taken over Iran, and would there be all this hatred for us? Nope, we've just made the matter worse, Iraq and Bush are the problem. Our administration lacks the foresight to actually know what is going to happen, and they have made matters exponentially worse.

You don't have to go any further than the good 'ol New York Times, who leaked the wiretap story

SArge, if they were the "liberal media", why sit on the story for over a year? Wouldn't it have been more benificial to the liberals if this was released BEFORE the election? Your house of cards cah't explain that one now can it.

BTW, if we were not in Iraq, would the hard right have taken over Iran, and would there be all this hatred for us?

Uh yeah, yes they would have because it was in response to the internal cries for democracy from inside Iran. They a nice little fraud election where the supposed reformer candidate was a "former" right wing leader and where he had a huge majority and was very popular mainly because of his promises to change things and make them much more liberal and democratic, and then he lost badly to that fake president that they have now.

Why did he lose and why did the current guy win...? Not because of Iraq, but because the guys in charge needed to clamp down on things before they got out of hand.

And by "hatred of us", you must mean hatred of Europe, since nearly every single protest going on is anti-Europe and not us (I have yet to hear the US or Bush mentioned more than once, through all of the protests that I have seen or read about) and in fact are geared against those who were against the Iraq War.

SArge, if they were the "liberal media", why sit on the story for over a year? Wouldn't it have been more benificial to the liberals if this was released BEFORE the election? Your house of cards cah't explain that one now can it.

THey probably figured Kerry was going to get wiped out. Best to save something to try to stick to Bush in case that came true

They don't agree with you that printing those stories did harm America and neither do I.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-2025704,00.html

While I don't approve of jailing protestors, this is good news.

Indeed, that is good news. And while I would normally agree with your statement on jailing protestors, I think anyone openly advocating a terrorist attack within the country he/she is residing, should either be jailed or 'encouraged' to leave. Free speech only goes so far. Granted, there is a delicate line to draw on who to detain, but to allow radicals who have stated they are willing to help destroy their own country to continue on unimpeded is dangerous. :2cents:

I don't exactly agree with some of what he has to say, but I thought this was an interesting article.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11182278/site/newsweek/

"Islam and Power

Is President Bush's plan to spread democracy turning into a fiasco? It doesn't have to. But it does need to change."

Great article visionary, thanks for the link, some real good points in there.

Those pics dont say **** about how the muslim world sees the west and freedom. Those pics say how TWO people see the west and the muslim world. Try not to stereotype. Makes you seem ignorant.

Buddy, I have been making these arguments for 4 years here

Its frustrating but cursing isn't gonna help at all, make some sound logical non straw man arguments and we'll be able to fight ignorance

Buddy, I have been making these arguments for 4 years here

Its frustrating but cursing isn't gonna help at all, make some sound logical non straw man arguments and we'll be able to fight ignorance

Did you check out the article I posted a couple of posts back?

I was hoping to get some opinions on it, before the thread gets closed

;)

Great article visionary, thanks for the link, some real good points in there.

Yeah I thought so too, I don't want to comment on it too much, because I'm still not sure yet about how a lot of the events mentioned in it will play out, but I think it did bring up some really interesting things to think about.

Especially looking at this all from a broader 30+ year picture going back to the seventies. I hadn't really thought about how all the different trends in the Middle East since then are tied together. (though I have thought about Iran and Lebanon somewhat)

Archived