Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

These pics say it all about how the Muslim world sees the West and freedom....

TC4

I'm just scared that everything we are trying to accomplish will be all for naught when it's all said and done. The second we pull out it's gonna be a major disaster. It's all Catch-22. We can either stay forever and have everyone hate us, or we can leave and have the religious extremists take over because the regular citizens don't have the balls to stand up for themselves.

I just don't know what to do. It's such a God-awful mess.

I don't know. I just can't believe that the citizens don't have the "balls" -- people do eventually move to change their own reality. The US is the best country in the world but we even trailed some other countries in granting certain rights to certain citizens. (I remember seeing footage of this country's history with people holding up signs about freedom, democracy, etc. but I digress...)

It seems that these things sometimes move at the pace dictated by the citizens who eventually get to the point where they realize their own human yearning to live free and force change in their own countries. Though tizzod is right about this being a Catch-22 -- lets just not assume that these people speak for all of the Middle East.

Good thing our soldiers are dying for these people

Bush :doh:

Ummmm.. the soldiers are dying to keep us safe from these people. Funny how quickly people forget that they are waging war with us. We are fighting it on their soil, if we didn't we would be fighting it on ours. They aren't going away.

just to add to the thread: check out the nutcase Iranian President telling the West to go to h@ll..

Iran-Ahmadinejad-Nuclear Iran Times

Sunday, February 5

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad here Sunday said the enemies could not prevent Iran from making progress. Ahmadinejad made the statement as a reaction to Saturday's decision of the International Atomic Energy Agency on reporting Iran to the United Nations Security Council.

"The enemies of the Islamic Republic (of Iran) are furious because the Iranian nation has dared to grow its self-confidence out of their domination sphere.

"The foes cannot do a damn thing. We do not need you (enemies) at all. It is you (enemies), who need the Iranian people." The president, who talked on the sidelines of the inauguration ceremony of a couple of projects at Shahid Babaei Telecommunications Center, noted, "They are going to inspect all our military sites in the name of the agency to become aware of our defensive might, but we will not allow them to do so." Addressing the UN watchdog IAEA, he said, "You can issue as many resolutions as you like and dream on. But you cannot prevent Iranian nation's progress." He added, "It is you, who have atomic weapons, have poisoned the world atmosphere, and should be disarmed. We do not need atomic weapons.

"The Iranian people are civilized and cultured and have altruistic behavior. We rely on our unrivaled revolutionary thoughts and logic to play our role on the international scene." He warned the enemies, "You know very well that you cannot make it. The era of hegemony has come to an end and you must accept the realities." The IAEA Saturday issued a resolution to report Iran to the UNSC. Of 35 member states of the IAEA's Board of Governors, 27 voted for the resolution, five abstained, and three voted against.

Ummmm.. the soldiers are dying to keep us safe from these people. Funny how quickly people forget that they are waging war with us. We are fighting it on their soil, if we didn't we would be fighting it on ours. They aren't going away.

Uh, I hope you are not trying to justify the war in IRAQ based on what the leader of IRAN is saying. The Iraqi people did not wage war with us in any way, shape or form. None of the 9/11 hijackers were from Iraq and before the Iraq war, there was basically zero Al Qaida in that country. Thanks for rehashing the Bush administration's talking points though, I hadn't heard those since the state of the Union.

The only thing crazier than these people's faith is the fact that they want to pick a fight with the west. They are suicidal and if they get their hands on a nuclear weapon they will be suicidal with that as well.

At this rate we will have no choice but to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities in the near future.

These people understood the cartoon as: "this is how Western world views Muhammed."

You did the same thing, do you see?

When huge counter-demonstrations involving violence and death occur as a result of Westerners reacting to those signs, then yeah, it's the same thing.

When huge counter-demonstrations involving violence and death occur as a result of Westerners reacting to those signs, then yeah, it's the same thing.

I am not talking about the end result but a process. "These 2 pics say it all about all of them" kind of thinking is how we get there.

Archived