Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Documents Show Army Seized Wives As Tactic

chomerics

So are the terrorists that "deserve whatever happens to them." Do we deserve whatever happens to us, then?

Essentially, what I'm saying is, what makes us the good guys in this scenario if it's not our use of the moral highground? Is it blind patriotism?

Killing those who wish to kill you may not be high moral ground ,but it beats being pure of heart. ;)

And YES, IF you look at it from the terrorists POV...we DO.

One more reason to prevail. :2cents:

They are trying to destroy the democratically elected governement in Iraq. Hence the term "insurgents." That makes them the bad guys. They are bombing public places and innocent iraq civilians almost on a daily basis. That makes them the bad guys. We are simply trying to prevent the bad guys from doing bad things. If they stopped, we'll stop.

You also lived in a country that had it's head stuck in the sand with regard to national security. That attitude lead us to where we are today

The problem is the people tasked with looking after national security flush the toilet and then take the crap.

Yeah, but if you go about it in the same way they do, the only difference between us is in nationality. How are they the bad guys in that scenario?

This is what happens when you have no moral compass.

We snagged a bad guys wife. Was she "tortured" after we took her? Was she released? Did we send a ransom note to Mr Bad Guy and put her on a video? Did we chop her head off? She was probably detained and fed three squares for the first time in her life. ANd you ask what the difference is?

And on top of everything, Mr Bad Guy probably walked right up to where ever she was being held and turned himself in. No gun battles, no AMericans killed, as would have probably been the case if we would have had to chase him and hunt him down.

I wouldn't go so far as to call you evil. I'm pretty sure there's a shred of humanity in there somewhere.

You know, I just love when you try to demean my posts because of my age, or because of the fact that I'm a college student. You might think it makes you seem strong, and knowledgeble, but it just exposes you for the bumbling, weak, petty fool that you are.

You should believe in American moral highground, but not unconditionally. That's an affront to all of those that fought for it in the past. I'm all for punishment; just not at the expense of dignity and morality. When we forgo those virtues, we cut our legs out from under us. We become no better than they are.

Great post CD

We snagged a bad guys wife. Was she "tortured" after we took her? Was she released? Did we send a ransom note to Mr Bad Guy and put her on a video? Did we chop her head off? She was probably detained and fed three squares for the first time in her life. ANd you ask what the difference is?

And on top of everything, Mr Bad Guy probably walked right up to where ever she was being held and turned himself in. No gun battles, no AMericans killed, as would have probably been the case if we would have had to chase him and hunt him down.

I think it is pretty ****ing obvious CD is one of the few people here that has a moral compass.

You also lived in a country that had it's head stuck in the sand with regard to national security. That attitude lead us to where we are today

Oh Please, This administration's heads were exposed as being stuck in the sand the minute they decided IRAQ was the place to forge the "war on terrorism"

But what could we really expect from a President that after knowing the first WTC building was hit, still went into his photo-op in a elementary school class, and bumbled around like a fool, while you could see the looks on the faces of his staff saying "umm wtf are you doing mr president, we need to get the hell out of here"

Sarge, respond to what I'm saying, not to what's going to allow you the most vitriolic and poignant response.

I never said that we're as bad as them. I'm just saying, that when you start TAKING HOSTAGES, you're straddling a line that you don't want to be anywhere near. It's just giving these people ammunition against us.

Again, this comes down to my whole belief that we're fighting an ideology, and that you can't kill an ideology completely with force. Taking their wives as hostages, whether or not how we go about it is that bad, we're still giving them a reason to keep this ideology alive. We're playing into their hand.

Great post CD

I think it is pretty ****ing obvious CD is one of the few people here that has a moral compass.

Thanks Lib. It's too bad two young, foolish college students who allegedly have no idea what they're talking about are some of the few that are going to be stuck cleaning up this mess in the future.

Great post CD

Watch your language sonny. And you and he appear to be in the same boat, lost at sea because your moral compass is whacked

I stand by my statement.

This is a war whether you want to admit it or not, and needs to be conducted as such. Our troops over there are in mortal danger. Our forces need to do what it takes to win and sometimes that means getting your hands dirty. Im ok with that am I'm glad we have people playing to win instead of a bunch of whiny crybabies who cringe at the thought of violence.

So, would you also claim that, say, Al Queda has the moral right to kidnap our soldier's wives and children, in order to "leverage" them into surrendering?

Or are we allowed to kidnap women and children, but they can't, because we're morally superior to them?

Killing those who wish to kill you may not be high moral ground ,but it beats being pure of heart. ;)

But we're not discussing "killing those who wish to kill you".

We're discussing "kidnapping the wives and children of people we want to ask some questions to".

They are trying to destroy the democratically elected governement in Iraq. Hence the term "insurgents." That makes them the bad guys. They are bombing public places and innocent iraq civilians almost on a daily basis. That makes them the bad guys.

Please point me towards one of those accusations you're making, that the US isn't also guilty of. That way I'll know why the phrase "That makes them the bad guys." doesn't apply to us, too.

So, this is what Sarge's Moral Compass tells us? Kidnapping someone and holding them hostage is OK, if you let the hostage go, unharmed, after you get what you want?

Is that your definition of a "good" kidnapper? "When you pay the ransom, you get your kid back"?

So, this is what Sarge's Moral Compass tells us? Kidnapping someone and holding them hostage is OK, if you let the hostage go, unharmed, after you get what you want?

Is that your definition of a "good" kidnapper? "When you pay the ransom, you get your kid back"?

What's the matter with you. This is a WAR ZONE. This is a WAR. What do you expect, that we have to read someone their Miranda rights in a freaking war zone. :doh: You libs never cease to amaze me.

The fact is that many people on this board ***** and moan and complain about our troops and our tactics only because they are spoiled and unappreciative due to not having the slightest clue what war and freedom truly constitute. This is because they have had their freedom handed to them on a golden platter by the military that fought and died for them to have such treasures. They are too short-sighted and ignorant to realize what really needs to be done and what must take place to reach true peace, harmony, and freedom. Let's face it, if these people were around in the 1770's, we would never had gotten our independence. If these people were the one's we had to count on in the 1910's and 30's and 40's, most of us would be dead and some Germans (the only race left) would own our land along with the rest of the world. Of course, they would not be upset with the Germans or Japanese slaughtering our families and us; their only concern and anger would be cast on our troops and any tactics they did to try and hunt down the killers that were more violent than offering them a latte and then their own heads. PATHETIC!!!!

What's the matter with you. This is a WAR ZONE. This is a WAR. What do you expect, that we have to read someone their Miranda rights in a freaking war zone. :doh: You libs never cease to amaze me.

How about "We don't target civilians"? That one too tough?

Going after terrorists: Fair game.

Going after terrorist's wives: No-No.

The fact is that many people on this board ***** and moan and complain about our troops and our tactics only because they are spoiled and unappreciative due to not having the slightest clue what war and freedom truly constitute. This is because they have had their freedom handed to them on a golden platter by the military that fought and died for them to have such treasures. They are too short-sighted and ignorant to realize what really needs to be done and what must take place to reach true peace, harmony, and freedom. Let's face it, if these people were around in the 1770's, we would never had gotten our independence. If these people were the one's we had to count on in the 1910's and 30's and 40's, most of us would be dead and some Germans (the only race left) would own our land along with the rest of the world. Of course, they would not be upset with the Germans or Japanese slaughtering our families and us; their only concern and anger would be cast on our troops and any tactics they did to try and hunt down the killers that were more violent than offering them a latte and then their own heads. PATHETIC!!!!

Excellent post. I firmly believe that many of the radical leftists on this board would be enemy collaborators if there were ever war on our soil. Pathetic indeed.

How about "We don't target civilians"? That one too tough?

Going after terrorists: Fair game.

Going after terrorist's wives: No-No.

Targeting civilians? My god, you people must have some sort of mental illness. Are we killing these "civilians"? Are we sawing their heads off? We are trying to obtain information to protect our soldiers and innocent Iraqis. Thank god there aren't people like you conducting this war. Simply pathetic.

Targeting civilians? My god, you people must have some sort of mental illness. Are we killing these "civilians"? Are we sawing their heads off? We are trying to obtain information to protect our soldiers and innocent Iraqis. Thank god there aren't people like you conducting this war. Simply pathetic.

By kidnapping their wives and holding them untill they turn themselves in for questioning.

Archived