Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i'd do this if i was a teacher and one of my students was a cowboy fan, would you?

skinman574

I'm a teacher and I have discussions with my students about football. We even tease one another about me being a Giant fan and them being Eagle or Cowboy fans. But I would never do that to a student, even "joking" around. Especially when they are taking a test. That is not fooling around and is just mean. I found nothing funny about it. There is a time and place for everything and that was neither the time nor the place.

The key here is that itwas an ethnicities class and the teacher said he was trying to prove a point about minorities being singled out and he was joking with him.

Come on, has our society gotten that pussified??? I remember being hit with a paddle in elementary school and it was legal! Now this kids is complaining because for one day he had to sit on the floor? What makes him special?

These kids need to grow some balls and stop being so sensitive! Give me a break!

']I'm a teacher and I have discussions with my students about football. We even tease one another about me being a Giant fan and them being Eagle or Cowboy fans. But I would never do that to a student' date=' even "joking" around. Especially when they are taking a test. That is not fooling around and is just mean. I found nothing funny about it. There is a time and place for everything and that was neither the time nor the place.[/quote']

oh i didnt know u were a teacher tom, i didnt mean anything by it..really, i hope i didnt offend u in any sort of way, i mean i definitely wouldnt do it if it was a test.

I don't like the Broncos but I thought this was a bit out of line too. Everyone has the right to choose thier team. There's good natured fun and there's mean "fun". This was plain mean, especially during a test. But I think the kid can get over it and the teacher should learn from it. We never get too old to learn. And we all make stupid mistakes. What would make me mad is if the teacher got fired over it.

The key here is that itwas an ethnicities class and the teacher said he was trying to prove a point about minorities being singled out and he was joking with him.

Come on, has our society gotten that pussified??? I remember being hit with a paddle in elementary school and it was legal! Now this kids is complaining because for one day he had to sit on the floor? What makes him special?

These kids need to grow some balls and stop being so sensitive! Give me a break!

im just happy to see someone actually use the word "pussified". im still laughing. it means so much to those of us in the right age bracket.

man if i was a teacher id probibly do that under certain circumstances but i actually would know who would and who wouldnt take it the wrong way

1st id make a bet with the student that if the broncos lost that he would have to sit on the floor for 1 class period or something or if they won id give him extra credit or sumthin

but that kid is a str8 bia bia

He kind of took it too far. One of my teachers had a bet with the other skins fans and I. If we won she had to sing hail to the redskins in front of everyone. If the Eagles won we had to sing fly Eagles Fly.

We won but she snuck out of the bet by giving a quiz,

Again it's ok to joke about this but the guy went a little too far.

Yea, thats bull****, I had a teacher, who is a buc fan, for a few years in high school, we'd bust our balls- On how ****ty our teams where doing. But it never got that bad...Most of the time we'd agree on things, and just finished talking about other teams. These are the kind of fans I hate, their just extremists that assume this is some kinda of war, when it's just a ****ing game. People like these are what make this sport sometimes unbearable.

What is a ethnicity class ? :whoknows:

Its a class that helps all students learn about and respect other cultures that reside in the U.S.. It is something that has been implemented because of the extreme diversity which now fills our country. Just another way to try and curb racism because, lets face it, it still exists.

Its a class that helps all students learn about and respect other cultures that reside in the U.S.. It is something that has been implemented because of the extreme diversity which now fills our country. Just another way to try and curb racism because, lets face it, it still exists.

So the teacher was just being creative in how he got his message across. His demonstration was part of a test for the whole class to see if they got the point about accepting people different from them. Everyone who threw paper at the student should have failed. If more that 50% threw paper then the teacher should be fired because obviously he doesn't know how to teach acceptance.

So the teacher was just being creative in how he got his message across. His demonstration was part of a test for the whole class to see if they got the point about accepting people different from them. Everyone who threw paper at the student should have failed. If more that 50% threw paper then the teacher should be fired because obviously he doesn't know how to teach acceptance.

Hey ya'll, wasn't saying I agreed with the tactics or even the type of class, for that matter, just answering a question is all.

Hey ya'll, wasn't saying I agreed with the tactics or even the type of class, for that matter, just answering a question is all.

I understood that you were just being informative. My comments were directed at some other points of view expressed. Taking personal responsibility seems to escape both military dudes who kill someone trying to get information and teachers trying to make a point.

Really pathetic teaching. What was the point that the teacher was trying to get across? If I'm teaching an ethics class, can I beat up a kid and order other kids to beat up that kid in order to demonstrate that beating up kids is wrong?

And to those saying, "Well, in MY day, we had to endure paddlings and walk uphill both ways in the snow..." keep in mind that you got paddled when you broke the rules; this kid did nothing wrong.

Really pathetic teaching. What was the point that the teacher was trying to get across? If I'm teaching an ethics class, can I beat up a kid and order other kids to beat up that kid in order to demonstrate that beating up kids is wrong?

And to those saying, "Well, in MY day, we had to endure paddlings and walk uphill both ways in the snow..." keep in mind that you got paddled when you broke the rules; this kid did nothing wrong.

And more than likely didn't get paddled in front of the entire class. Coming from someone who's been through that once or twice in his day.

So he has to be "special" to be entitled to take the test the same way as the rest of the class? Even if the teacher were trying to make a point in class (which I'm not sure I buy) that's not the right way to do it.

']I'm a teacher and I have discussions with my students about football. We even tease one another about me being a Giant fan and them being Eagle or Cowboy fans. But I would never do that to a student' date=' even "joking" around. Especially when they are taking a test. That is not fooling around and is just mean. I found nothing funny about it. There is a time and place for everything and that was neither the time nor the place.[/quote']

:applause: :applause: :applause:

This is the perfect answer to this. That was a severely effed up thing to do. This is a classroom, with students, not the teacher out with his drunk ass friends. What a dumb ass.

If I was a teacher, I just wouldn't allow Cowboys' jerseys in my classroom! :D :D

Archived