Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kobe Bryant scores 81 points!

Skinned

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe break the record sometime this season. He's on fire. I don't feel like looking it up right now, but I wonder what the most points scored by one player in a season is, and I wonder if Bryant is on pace to break that record.

I believe the record is 4029 points by Wilt Chamberlain. He averaged 50.4 per game.

Kobe, including tonight, is averaging 36 points per game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe break the record sometime this season. He's on fire. I don't feel like looking it up right now, but I wonder what the most points scored by one player in a season is, and I wonder if Bryant is on pace to break that record.

Well, the most points scored in a season 4029 points scored by Wilt Chamberlain during the 1961-1962 season. Which is the highest scoring average for a season at 50.4.

Kobe's stats for the season including tonight's 81 point game stand at 1402 points scored in 39 games played, which averages out to 35.95 ppg. In order to break the record for the most points scored in a season should he play the rest of the 41 games on the Lakers schedule, he would have to score 2627 points, which averages out to 64.1 ppg in that span.

I think this is right. That should cover it. :)

Well, the most points scored in a season 4029 points scored by Wilt Chamberlain during the 1961-1962 season. Which is the highest scoring average for a season at 50.4.

Kobe's stats for the season including tonight's 81 point game stand at 1402 points scored in 39 games played, which averages out to 35.95 ppg. In order to break the record for the most points scored in a season should he play the rest of the 41 games on the Lakers schedule, he would have to score 2627 points, which averages out to 64.1 ppg in that span.

I think this is right. That should cover it. :)

Beat ya to it :cheers:

Guest sith lord

I'm glad for Kobe. I'm one of the people who actually like his attitude and didn't believe all that stuff between him, Shaq, and Jackson was all his fault. Anyway, this was an amazing performance by the best player in the league.

I'm glad for Kobe. I'm one of the people who actually like his attitude and didn't believe all that stuff between him, Shaq, and Jackson was all his fault. Anyway, this was an amazing performance by the best player in the league.

If I was to tell somebody I saw you cheating or on your wife/husband wouldn't ou be pissed.

With that being said Kobe was on fire all game I sw that whole game I thought he was going to sit out after 70 boy did he prove me wrong. And how bout my man Ray Allen puttin up 40 somethin and the game winning three pointer.

Kobe and Ray Ray :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

You're only a ball hog if your team doesn't win.

I can not believe people are making negatives out of this performance. You should feel so lucky that as basketball fans you are privee to see it.

But if that performance can't make you say "congrats", nothing will. Too bad for you.

Ball hogs don't carry teams, then again MJ pretty much destroyed the principle of team play. When you rely on one person for scoring, you have just shown your weakness.

i believe that MJ and the Bulls have six reasons to disagree with your statement.

i believe that MJ and the Bulls have six reasons to disagree with your statement.

D*mn, beat me to it...

Also, on the topic of breaking the record for most points in a season, that's not going to happen folks. In order, these are the two most unbreakable records in sports:

1) (MLB) Career Wins- Cy Young- 511 (A pitcher gets into the HOF for winning 300 games these days. The closest total to his is a full 94 games behind him. To break Cy's record, a pitcher would have to have 20 wins a season for more than 25 years.)

2) (NBA) Points per game in a season- Wilt Chamberlain- 50.4 (There's only a handful of players that have ever scored 50 in a GAME- Wilt did it for a full season.)

Number three, for good measure, is Wayne Gretsky's career scoring mark.

You're only a ball hog if your team doesn't win.

I can not believe people are making negatives out of this performance. You should feel so lucky that as basketball fans you are privee to see it.

But if that performance can't make you say "congrats", nothing will. Too bad for you.

Kobe was on fire last night. Its maybe a once in a lifetime thing that were even able to experience a game like that as a fan of the game and even as a player. Its too bad if you cant acknowledge that just because you hate the guy. Everyone rags on Kobe for what he did outside the game and because of the they hate him as a person and as a player. I dont agree with what he did but that's his personal life and nobody can really judge him for that. Nobody knows really what the whole stories is except for those 3 (Kobe, Shaq and Phil) and maybe Buss/West. I still like him as a player and he one hell of a job yesterday. All that talk about him being a ball hog is crap. He passes that ball plenty. What can you do if the rest of the team is not stepping up and playing at the same level as Kobe and wanting the ball....... You cant just blame Kobe.

I was at the game and it was unreal

the fans were chanting MVP MVP the whole night !!

No one else could hit anything thats why he was shooting so much

they came back from a 12pt. deficit, also he sat out most of the 2nd quarter .

he could have scored 100.

Stop the hating and show some respect . Kobe is the man right now

I was at the game and it was unreal

the fans were chanting MVP MVP the whole night !!

No one else could hit anything thats why he was shooting so much

they came back from a 12pt. deficit, also he sat out most of the 2nd quarter .

he could have scored 100.

Stop the hating and show some respect . Kobe is the man right now

Thats awesome that you were there, i hope you saved your ticket stub.

I can't believe people are making this a negative thing, either, its a once in a lifetime deal that you'll see someone score that much. As long as his team wins, who gives a ****?

That quote about Kwame was awesome, too :laugh: :laugh:

Thats awesome that you were there, i hope you saved your ticket stub.

I can't believe people are making this a negative thing, either, its a once in a lifetime deal that you'll see someone score that much. As long as his team wins, who gives a ****?

That quote about Kwame was awesome, too :laugh: :laugh:

I tacked it on my wall today :applause:

Archived