Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about obtaining Peyton Manning?

Fischer fan

I had forgotten how silly some of the off season threads can become...........and now with 50,000+ members..........I can hardly wait.

:rolleyes:

Blondie

If you'd ever been to Homer (I have) you'd understand that having the internet would be like being on an opium pipe 24/7 :D

This of course is a delusion of grandeur. However, what if we could obtain Peyton in the offseason? He would be able to play against his brother twice a year. Tennessee has a big Redskin fan base and Manning fan base; it seems that it would be an obvious popularity fit (except for the Indy fans of course). He hasn't been able to win the Big One in Indiana. Maybe he would welcome a fresh start? Heck,Lavar could be involved in the trade. :point2sky

Although I think he would never come here to the Redskins I think that Payton will ultimately be traded to another team because he's not going to get it done for the Colts.

In case you haven't noticed... replying to the thread ensures it's prominence atop the board.

You all want it to go away.... and each of you are responsible for prolonging topics such as this. So you're all just as guilty.

I'm ashamed about the replies as I am about the original topic. 5+ years.... pretty basic and simple stuff. And people JUST DON'T GET IT.

I hope you're kidding. When I first read this I figured it was some 12 year old kid. then I look and see the guy is 48. Do you know anything about football. There is a thing called a cap, and also usually teams don't trade their best player. I think alot of teams would want Manning. Although personally I wouldn't because he is the biggest choker I have ever seen, and I have been saying that since he played at Tennessee. Tee Martin won the National Championship after he left. Tee Martin!

This of course is a delusion of grandeur. However, what if we could obtain Peyton in the offseason? He would be able to play against his brother twice a year. Tennessee has a big Redskin fan base and Manning fan base; it seems that it would be an obvious popularity fit (except for the Indy fans of course). He hasn't been able to win the Big One in Indiana. Maybe he would welcome a fresh start? Heck,Lavar could be involved in the trade. :point2sky

:laugh: Thanks man I needed that.

Yes you are right this IS a hypothetical question. But, the NFL is in a constant state of flux with respect to interseasonal personnel shifts. Anything CAN happen in terms of player movements. Just because one has a better avatar(hence more posts) doesn't equate with being a more knowledgable Redskin(football) fan. In fact with the useless SPAM contributions to this post it is obviously apparrent how many of the contributors racked up their posting points. Perhaps there are others out there that would like to know the reasoning behind whether this hypothetical could or could not work. This topic was not a joke. The Colts lost when they perhaps should have gone all the way since their recent nemesis (PATS) have fallen off. Perhaps if there was a time to consider trading Peyton away, now would be it. It would be nice if some of you "more knowledgable" Redskin fans would step up to impart useful information....instead of the people who have nothing better to do than try insulting those of us that care.

1. There's no way in hell for that trade to happen. Financially impossible, for any team in the NFL (and the Colts), and they're not trading the franchise.

2. Why would you want an egotistical crybaby like Manning? I don't care if he is talented and brilliant - he's also shaping up to be a team cancer, and he'll never be a clutch performer or a leader on the field.

Archived