Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about obtaining Peyton Manning?

Fischer fan

Here's some useful information. The nature of the salary cap and the the remaining bonus on Peyton's unprecedented contract makes this a spectacularly unattractive proposition to both teams. And, while it's monumentally preposterous to think the Colts would trade the consensus best quarterback in the league and the '04 MVP and certain Hall of Famer, the fact that trading him accelerates all of his unamortized bonus to the subsequent contract year would make it an impossibility, as they would struggle to field a full 53 man roster after accounting for all of the millions of dollars of dead money that would resutl from such a trade. And of course, the prospects of Jim Sorgi at starting QB don't exactly sound like something they'd be interested in. In short, the length and nature of Manning's contract make it highly likely that he will retire as a Colt.

So, this is not only pie in the sky from the perspective of the Colts not wanting to part with the game's best QB...it's a financially untenable situation as well.

Further, with rare exceptions (like Bailey for Portis) player for player trades are almost non-existent in the cap era.

In case you haven't noticed... replying to the thread ensures it's prominence atop the board.

You all want it to go away.... and each of you are responsible for prolonging topics such as this. So you're all just as guilty.

I'm ashamed about the replies as I am about the original topic. 5+ years.... pretty basic and simple stuff. And people JUST DON'T GET IT.

Like your post?...........:silly:

In case you haven't noticed... replying to the thread ensures it's prominence atop the board.

You all want it to go away.... and each of you are responsible for prolonging topics such as this. So you're all just as guilty.

I'm ashamed about the replies as I am about the original topic. 5+ years.... pretty basic and simple stuff. And people JUST DON'T GET IT.

Or you can look at in a way that if replies keep comming to bump up the thread, then people who would have these type of ideas would be discouraged, possibly by the tone of the replies themselves.

I think we should obtain Larry Johnson and LaDainian Tomlinson so that we could run them in a full house backfield with Portis.

:2cents:

now that would be awsome....! wish bone in the NFL with wide splits I'm talking five foot guard tackle seven foot tackle end....60 running plays a game.....running on third and long......yesssss!:):):):)

• 7 months later...
This of course is a delusion of grandeur. However, what if we could obtain Peyton in the offseason? He would be able to play against his brother twice a year. Tennessee has a big Redskin fan base and Manning fan base; it seems that it would be an obvious popularity fit (except for the Indy fans of course). He hasn't been able to win the Big One in Indiana. Maybe he would welcome a fresh start? Heck,Lavar could be involved in the trade. :point2sky

Question; What is the population of Homer, Alaska? thought so.

This of course is a delusion of grandeur. However, what if we could obtain Peyton in the offseason? He would be able to play against his brother twice a year. Tennessee has a big Redskin fan base and Manning fan base; it seems that it would be an obvious popularity fit (except for the Indy fans of course). He hasn't been able to win the Big One in Indiana. Maybe he would welcome a fresh start? Heck,Lavar could be involved in the trade. :point2sky

I don't get it.

Archived