Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor Jacobs Please Take off #84

Lavar5150

Whatever happened to Cliff Russell? We used a 2nd Rd draft pick to get him, out of Utah I believe.

I know he tore up knee is rookie season but I haven't heard a thing about him since then.

Did he not recover from the knee injury or was he just not a Gibbs guy?

Unbelievable the 2 high draft picks we watsed on Jacobs and Cliff Russell.

another Vinny Cerrato 'special' insight selection for us in the draft :laugh:

I sure am glad Williams and Gibbs are having say in who gets selected, at least in the top 3 rounds.

we have done well with Taylor, Cooley and Rogers.

Cerrato has still not shown that he is capable of finding the UDFA's we need for depth.

Williams brought Salavea to the team from their time together in Tennessee.

DeWayne Walker turned the Skins on to Ryan Clark and Walker/Blache helped get Cornelius Griffin here.

Again, everyone else is doing their job. Cerrato needs to find that unknown cornerback or defensive end from Utah State as Bobby Beathard used to :)

speaking of Clark, he said on Tony McGee, that Brunell is NOT even looking at the other receivers, he's locking in on Moss & Cooley... if not open throwing it away. That Jacobs, Thrash, Royal have been open many times

I really wonder what has caused Mark to do this? The guy had multiple targets in JAX and its not like his play is likely to regress mentally. Could he just have absolutely no confidence in our secondary targets? who knows? I am a big Brunell fan but he needs to take care of this problem next season if we are to bring in some more tools for him.

speaking of Clark, he said on Tony McGee, that Brunell is NOT even looking at the other receivers, he's locking in on Moss & Cooley... if not open throwing it away. That Jacobs, Thrash, Royal have been open many times

:logo:

Man, we should have signed him (Clark) to a contract, he could not have done any worse than Jacobs and Farris...

The man was money!

I really wonder what has caused Mark to do this? The guy had multiple targets in JAX and its not like his play is likely to regress mentally. Could he just have absolutely no confidence in our secondary targets? who knows? I am a big Brunell fan but he needs to take care of this problem next season if we are to bring in some more tools for him.

Clark said maybe he didn't have the confidence in the other guys, remember Patten saying he didn't get many balls thrown his way either, and he was the starter from the first game, and Brunnell should have felt more comfortable with him than Jacobs or Farris.

You know yesterday I know I saw Portis slide out in a pass route several times and he looked open but Brunell did not look his way...

I sure am glad Williams and Gibbs are having say in who gets selected, at least in the top 3 rounds.

Cerrato has still not shown that he is capable of finding the UDFA's we need for depth.

DeWayne Walker turned the Skins on to Ryan Clark and Walker/Blache helped get Cornelius Griffin here.

Again, everyone else is doing their job. Cerrato needs to find that unknown cornerback or defensive end from Utah State as Bobby Beathard used to :)

:shhh: Careful man. Keep that kind of talk up and the Turk'll be looking for you:paranoid:

Clark said maybe he didn't have the confidence in the other guys, remember Patten saying he didn't get many balls thrown his way either, and he was the starter from the first game, and Brunnell should have felt more comfortable with him than Jacobs or Farris.

This is right. It's like saying a batter is terrible even though he doesn't get any At-Bats. We TV fans don't have enough to go on to know if Jacobs is that bad as he has hardly had any balls thrown his way, and even less nicely thrown balls.

Anyone that thinks they know whether Taylor Jacobs is a bust or not based on what little we've seen of him is a bit too quick to rush to judgment. The coaches know, and if he's a bust, he won't be here next year, if he isn't you'll see him in camp.

I have a hunch that Jacobs would be fine if Campbell or Ramsey were playing QB, but that's nothing more than a hunch.

Bubba,

You have any info on what happened to Cliff Russell? I just don't understand why would draft a WR in the 2nd rd and then never see him in action.

I realize he was hurt his rookie season but don't you atleast have to guy a shot?

If you remember back to that draft, Taylor Jacobs was still available when the Skins pick came up.... Believe it was their first pick that year, but was a 2nd rounder. And the ole' ball coach was the one who pulled that trigger. They figured he would be gone by the end of the 1st round but was still around when the Skins pick came up... Apparantly, all the other teams had Jacobs scouted correctly, except ours.... :doh:

The front office originally had Mike Doss on the radar with our first pick that year. Would have been a hell of lot better pick than Jacobs. We could have had Doss & Taylor roaming back there in the secondary....

Hold on one minute, I though people on this board have proclaimed Vinny a genius :laugh: :laugh:

Bubba nice jab at Mark when he has no one else throw the ball too :doh: Jacobs is a waste of salary. We need someone that can do the job. Jacobs showed all he could when he let the guy jump in front of him in the Tampa game.

I really doubt that week after week Joe Gibbs and the staff would allow the starting qb to consistently ignore open receivers and not work on gameplans to get them included in the offense.

let me preface that by saying that if Jacobs is open 30 yards downfield but Brunell is on the run out of the pocket and looking for a target close enough to get a first down, he may not CHOOSE to attempt the across the body throw to #84 :)

but on third and 4 and 5 where is Jacobs?

we are still throwing short to Moss and Cooley to convert these short yardage plays.

WR Evaluation

Moss....... Duh!

Patton..... #2, Yes #2.....Healthy Patton makes Moss Grow

Jacobs..... Not a clutch player, Put him through Hell next season and see if he lasts

Farris....... I think he looked good in Seattle....Development

Brown...... Speed = 0 wihout the ball....how much time do you spend on development?

Thrash..... Keeper! True Redskin. And unlike Brown, consistant on Special Teams

Pickup...... Must have "Over the Middle" strength (Monk!), After Kicking game upgraded

Archived