Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor Jacobs Please Take off #84

Lavar5150

I had actually forgotten about the toe injury.... the one in which he's been wearing an orthodics device in his shoe to keep his toe in joint. That's got to be affecting his route running.... for no other reason than preventing him from pushing off and getting out of his breaks crisper.... which might be the reason for his seperation problems AND getting off the line of scrimmage effectively.

I believe he'll be given TC and preseason to show what he can do and develop repoire with the starting QB. Let's face it... he's no that expensive. However, if he's injured in any way during that period... which keeps him from playing in TC or preseason.... I think you have to cut him and open up a roster spot for someone else.

That would mean he'd have been injured in each of his four seasons... simply making him and oft-injured 2nd round bust.

It makes me sick seeing you wear Gary Clark's number. He was everything you are not.

I am counting the days to you are cut. Until that time please wear # 1/2 because you are half a man.

Taylor Jacobs looks sweet in number 84, just let him keep it. But then again you dont decide who wears what number:D

Yeah, that's probably Brunell's downside, IMO. He has tunnel vision as a qb. He only looked to get the ball to Santana, and Cooley and if they weren't open, he would throw in someone else's general direction, just to get rid of the ball. I was happy with the Skins going to war with him in those playoff games and during that 5 game run because of the experience that he had to offer, but his lack of confidence in his recieving corp really bit us in the ass the past couple of weeks and it finally caught up with us in Seattle. I am interested in seeing how all of this plays out.

but I digress...

I agree with the initial post, I don't believe that TJ will be in a Skins uni this year. When he dropped that first down pass on the first drive of the game and then was later taken out of the game because he had a headache, I looked to my bud and said, "He just got himself cut."

Let's not get so fixiated on blaming whoever your personal whipping boy is.

Why are good draft picks Gibbs' idea and the bad are Cerrato?

Spurrier wanted Cliff Russel because of his speed and Spurrier wanted Jacobs because of he was his guy from Florida and was surprised he was still there in the 2nd round.

Ohooooo ... Anquian Boldin? .... OC Umenyiora? .... Jason Witten? ..... Ricky Mannning? ... Nate Burleson? .... fellas, ummm ... who's our GM again???? I want to vote him for looser of the year:applause: ... wait a min... we don't have a GM:doh:

Houston has a GM

New Orleans has a GM

The Jets have a GM

clearly a GM would be a cure all.

The playoff game was the last straw for Jacobs. He can't possibly have a single supporter left in the organization or on this board. I've listened to the supporters of his since last summer saying "Just wait you'll see how good he is this year". Well? He did less than nothing and it's time to get rid of him and every other WR except Moss and Thrash. And I'm only saying keep Thrash because he's such a good special teams player.

Jacobs had an opportunity to emerge as a playmaker for this franchise when Patten went down with the knee injury. For years, people have raved about his talents and work ethic displayed during practice and were confident he would produce in a game situation.

Unfortunately, Jacobs failed to produce and blew his opportunity.

Actually, the Turk is looking for Jacobs to get him to turn in his playbook. Has anyone seen him? :)

I've defended this guy as a legit prospect and as good, Smoot-like 2nd round pick value (both he and Smoot were projected by most to be drafted in the 1st round).

No more. I've seen zero progress from him, and to make matters worse I detect a lack of toughness. I think his days in our uniform are over.

I've defended this guy as a legit prospect and as good, Smoot-like 2nd round pick value (both he and Smoot were projected by most to be drafted in the 1st round).

No more. I've seen zero progress from him, and to make matters worse I detect a lack of toughness. I think his days in our uniform are over.

The problem is he wasn't a true 1st round prospect. Kiper made him one for one reason only...........Spurrier. I don't think I saw one Mock with him going in the 1st round other than at 13 before we traded for Coles.

Whatever happened to Cliff Russell? We used a 2nd Rd draft pick to get him, out of Utah I believe.

I know he tore up knee is rookie season but I haven't heard a thing about him since then.

Did he not recover from the knee injury or was he just not a Gibbs guy?

Unbelievable the 2 high draft picks we watsed on Jacobs and Cliff Russell.

Last I heard he was playing for Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati like many old Spurrier / Lewis Redskins were. However, I'm not so sure he is still with the team.

Archived